No announcement yet.

Morris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video of Marshall discussing Shaq today.

Comment

Wow, Coach is disgusted and done.
      Last edited by pinstripers; December 1, 2015, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Wow, Coach is disgusted and done.
        Well he certainly seemed down in the dumps. Whether he is disgusted and done with Shaq remains to be seen. Clearly he is disappointed in Shaq. But he did say that Shaq would still get another opportunity so he is not quite done.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 1, 2015, 05:52 PM.

Comment

This has to be a huge distraction and huge waste of time and resources compounded with negative energy. I'm starting to think addition by subtraction. How many chances does he get?

Comment

Coach was choosing his words VERY carefully. That's a sign to me that he's extremely frustrated with Shaq and Is not letting his true feelings show. He was also as subdued as I've ever seen him. Shell shocked, maybe a little depressed. Probably doesn't have an answer for what's wrong with the team. He seemed like a man at his wit's end. Part of this is Shaq, but the tourney play had to hurt him.

He needs leaders and he has none. Maybe he needs to pull back a little and regroup. He needs to know that Shocker Nation is 100% behind him.

Comment

Took a second look at the clip. Coach is avoiding eye contact, body language tells me he's somewhere else and hie doesn't want people to know what he's thinking.

Looks like he's about as thrilled to be discussing this with the media as you and I would like to go to the proctologist.

If he had ANY leaders right now, Shaq would be gone. Again, he looks withdrawn and depressed.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                Coach was choosing his words VERY carefully. That's a sign to me that he's extremely frustrated with Shaq and Is not letting his true feelings show. He was also as subdued as I've ever seen him. Shell shocked, maybe a little depressed. Probably doesn't have an answer for what's wrong with the team. He seemed like a man at his wit's end. Part of this is Shaq, but the tourney play had to hurt him.

He needs leaders and he has none. Maybe he needs to pull back a little and regroup. He needs to know that Shocker Nation is 100% behind him.
                Whoa whoa whoa. Maybe you didn't mean it this way, but no way is Marshall at his wit's end. It's a few bad losses into a season after half a decade of success few coaches ever accomplish. He isn't at wit's end.

He has leaders! We have arguably two of the best leaders WSU has ever had! It's just that the team is crippled and handicapped at the moment and there is literally nothing that can be done. That's why he seems frustrated, I'm sure.

Agreed on the point I want him to feel Shockernation is behind them 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                  Whoa whoa whoa. Maybe you didn't mean it this way, but no way is Marshall at his wit's end. It's a few bad losses into a season after half a decade of success few coaches ever accomplish. He isn't at wit's end.

He has leaders! We have arguably two of the best leaders WSU has ever had! It's just that the team is crippled and handicapped at the moment and there is literally nothing that can be done. That's why he seems frustrated, I'm sure.

I think you're missing my point. How would you feel if you had a run of luck like he's had in the last 2 weeks. Especially when pre-season expectations were so high, the calvary's coming, but they're not here now. He needs to do something now. No one is stepping up except Baker. Someone besides Baker needs to lead and no one's stepping up.

If you don't think that is frustrating and depressing, then you're not thinking like a human ought to. He really doesn't have an answer until the Calvary gets here.

Diaagree with me if you want, but I have to be able to quickly and accurately read people everyday. If I was poor at reading body language and behaviors, I would never have lasted as long as I have. I'd be selling widgets at the dime store.
                  Last edited by shocka khan; December 1, 2015, 08:44 PM.

Comment

The team went through all of the summer and 95% of the fall camp (up til the OSU scrimmage) preparing the offense to be run by Fred with Baker, Grady and the others. The major task was to get the freshmen acclimated to the system and to be in the right places at the right time. With the hammy, that plan is not available and although Baker has experience running the team, he doesn't have much experience running the team comprising Grady, McDuffie, Hamilton, etc. That is the major problem facing this coach and team.

All too many times one shocker impedes another shocker from getting where he wants to go, without regard to getting there at the time he needs to be there. Eliminating those mistakes takes a multitude of repetition and training.

At the "open" practice when Wessel was a freshman, he was in the right hand corner and 3G blew the whistle and simply glared at Evan. Evan looked puzzled, then the light came on, and he sprinted diagonally to the other side of the court near the time line. Marshall then blew his whistle and tossed the ball in for play. Nary a word said.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I think you're missing my point. How would you feel if you had a run of luck like he's had in the last 2 weeks. Especially when pre-season expectations were so high, the calvary's coming, but they're not here now. He needs to do something now. No one is stepping up except Baker. Someone besides Baker needs to lead and no one's stepping up.

If you don't think that is frustrating and depressing, then you're not thinking like a human ought to. He really doesn't have an answer until the Calvary gets here.

Diaagree with me if you want, but I have to be able to quickly and accurately read people everyday. If I was poor at reading body language and behaviors, I would never have lasted as long as I have. I'd be selling widgets at the dime store.
                      What's a widget?
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                        What's a widget?
                        about 45 cents each

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                          What's a widget?
                          I think it's the thing in the Guinness nitro cans that makes it cascade when you pour it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post

Im confused on the "leader" talk as well and I think he could have explained it better but I think you're missing what is being said. He's at his wits end when it comes to Shaq specifically. The losses suck but you team is handicapped such as his and you got guys not giving effort (supposedly) Id be ready to rip his head off.

Comment

Took a second look at the clip. Coach is avoiding eye contact, body language tells me he's somewhere else and hie doesn't want people to know what he's thinking.

Looks like he's about as thrilled to be discussing this with the media as you and I would like to go to the proctologist.

If he had ANY leaders right now, Shaq would be gone. Again, he looks withdrawn and depressed.
                              I dunno, this seems like a lot of conjecture based on a minute video clip that lacks any significant context.

Comment

You want to know what Coach is tired of?

Seeing 18-20 year old super athletes die or nearly die in front of his eyes. That's THREE in less than 9 years. I KNOW this wears on him because he still talks about Guy.

I know in all my life I've never seen anything like that....and he's seen it 3 times now. It absolutely wears on him, in many ways.

Comment

Working...
                                X