Morris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    I thought today was his best performance, albeit still showing inconsistent effort. I wish I knew what HCGM had to say.
    Gregg said that Shaq had his best game of the season and "hopefully um he's around to stay".

Comment

hopefully today's Shaq is around to stay?

Comment

I didn't tape the game, but during the 1st half, Shaq received a great pass underneath all alone and walked. Coming back up court, his interaction with Gregg tells it all.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          hopefully today's Shaq is around to stay?
          That's not how it sounded to me.

Comment

Welcome back Shaq! Bring at least that effort every night and hang in there. Good guard play is coming soon and you'll find your rhythm. Until then just hustle your ass off.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

His motivation should be that all his team-mates are counting on him.

Comment

I thought Morris played well today. He was our best center in my opinion. He wasn't flawless but pretty good for an early season sophomore. Fred and Conner will make our bigs so much better when they are in the line-up. When Shaq was in we were able to throw the ball inside and the defense was collapsing in. With Ron, Fred and Conner on the perimeter that will be much harder to defend. Coach Marshall did say he thought Shaq played well but implied he wasn't sure he can count on him to be consistent. Rauno struggled, Bush fouls too much. Anton does well against smaller line-ups but struggles at the 5 against the bigger guys we saw this weekend. We need Morris, when he plays like he can he is our best option.
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

In listening to the post game comment from Gregg, regarding Shaq, I took it to mean either, 1) Shaq may not have the desire to play at this level anymore, (thought I read that his mom may be having health issues,) or 2) that Gregg hoped "today's" Shaq would hang around. I did not apparently hear it the same way others had.

Could be a good question for the coach's show tomorrow.

Comment

My fear is that Shaq grew up always being the biggest on the court and that was enough for him to be successful. He didn't have to work that hard and never developed the motor Gregg so dearly desires. It's not a question of whether he has the skill. He does. We see it in short bursts. The question is whether we will ever see the consistent effort required to be a Gregg Marshall Shocker. 3 years in has me becoming very doubtful.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                      My fear is that Shaq grew up always being the biggest on the court and that was enough for him to be successful. He didn't have to work that hard and never developed the motor Gregg so dearly desires. It's not a question of whether he has the skill. He does. We see it in short bursts. The question is whether we will ever see the consistent effort required to be a Gregg Marshall Shocker. 3 years in has me becoming very doubtful.
                      Poster child for being enigmatic.

Comment

I heard it like hopefully the Shaq that showed up today, is still around, and the Shaq who has zero production doesn't come back.

I didn't read into the comment that Marshall was hinting that Shaq would leave the team, if that's what you guys are thinking.

I have no idea at Shaq's personality, or how he responds to criticism and motivation, but I'm wondering if Shaq needs a little pat on the back and a hug now and again. You've got all the size and talent in the world, big fella! You're more than worthy to be on a D-1 team, you're deserving of everything you receive, you're good enough. Great things will come if you believe in yourself and your training. Put your trust in the process and those who care about you and things will work out.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I thought Morris was one of the few bright spots in that game, along with McDuffie and Hamilton. I'd love to see more plays designed for Morris. He is such a beast down low. I understand he's had some issues in the past, regarding work ethic and motivation. But from what I've seen, he gets thrown into a game cold, makes a mistake or two and comes right back out and yelled at. Against Iowa he was given an actual opportunity, and thrived. Hope we see more of that.
                          "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                          -- Pele

Comment

Most big men struggle when they don't get consistent time in the game. The light bulb usually comes on when they feel like they can survive a mistake without getting benched. I think Shaq can survive some mistakes, but coach has a short leash for hustle issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Perezident View Post
                              I thought Morris was one of the few bright spots in that game, along with McDuffie and Hamilton. I'd love to see more plays designed for Morris. He is such a beast down low. I understand he's had some issues in the past, regarding work ethic and motivation. But from what I've seen, he gets thrown into a game cold, makes a mistake or two and comes right back out and yelled at. Against Iowa he was given an actual opportunity, and thrived. Hope we see more of that.
                              I think that this is where Gregg thinks that each player needs to show that they know the plays and are ready to play the game and Shaq isn't giving it to him. I think that Gregg wins this one.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I think Shaqs problem isn't talent, he has that. But does he have the desire and the sacrifice it takes to compete at this level. You would think with the success we have had over the last 5 years and the build-up going into this season that he wouldn't have a motivation problem. Now wether Shaq can take criticism without pouting and getting down, I don't know, but it seems he does from the outside looking in. We need Shaq to show up, play hard with total effort and if you screw up don't make a face and complain just get back and play some defense and everything will take care of itself

Comment

Working...
                                X