• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't even imagine.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Video of Marshall discussing Shaq today.

http://www.kwch.com/sports/video-mar...mance/36742710
      I get no sound at all on the video. I know it's not my browser because the commercial before it has sound.

Comment

You know the old saying, you can lead a horse to water yada, yada, yada. GM continues to this day, like a broken record skipping for the past 3 years, vent his frustration of Shaq not being able to play long stretches. I don't think he has a problem with Shaq's ability, he's just fed up that Shaq is downright lazy. Three years Shaq has been listening to coaches, trainers, and teammates about getting in shape.

In this article, Rosenboom got Shaq down to 270 and wanted him to lose another 10-15 lbs more. Well, it looked like Rosenboom did his job as Shaq's roster bio shows him at 260.

The trainers got him to his ideal playing weight, but they're not going to point a gun at Shaq and convince him to get his cardio, stamina, endurance, up to snuff. This is all on Shaq, either he wants to improve his cardio or he doesn't. The dude is playing with fire if you ask me. GM has exercised a lot of patience with this kid and he's got nothing in return. It's very clear, if you bust your ass on the court, hussle and play like your hair is on fire, GM will give you the minutes (see EW). Shaq my man, pull your head out.

Comment

Everytime there is a Shaq "effort" issue, this scene comes to mind

Comment

I think Hamilton will play some 5.

Comment

Show me your war face.

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                Show me your war face.

Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post

Everytime there is a Shaq "effort" issue, this scene comes to mind
                DID YOUR PARENTS HAVE ANY CHILDREN THAT LIVED?
                Sir, yes, sir!
                I BET THEY REGRET THAT! YOU'RE SO UGLY, YOU COULD BE A MODERN ART MASTERPIECE!
                78-65

Comment

Video wouldn't load for me on several tries.
                  "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    Video of Marshall discussing Shaq today.

http://www.kwch.com/sports/video-mar...mance/36742710
                    Definitely didn't sound happy with Shaq. Sounds like "performance" needs to include more endurance, perhaps mentally as well as physically, than Shaq currently has. How long is it going to take? On the other hand, it took a long, long, looong time for Durley, too, and eventually it happened. So who knows? The Shocks have less reason to be patient now, though. The bar is quite a bit higher than when Durley was playing, and FVV and Ron are in their last lap, so right now would be a good time.
                    Last edited by WSUwatcher; December 2, 2015, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Endurance is something that must be constantly built upon. All endurance "breaks" should be intentional and strategic in order to recover so that endurance training can be taken to the next level. Shaq's problem clearly stems from the off season. We need to put Shaq in the octagon and have him train with UFC fighters during the off season.

"People are rewarded in public for what they've practice for years in private"
                      “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                      -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

I think Shaq fits the "go through it" category.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          You want to know what Coach is tired of?

Seeing 18-20 year old super athletes die or nearly die in front of his eyes. That's THREE in less than 9 years. I KNOW this wears on him because he still talks about Guy.

I know in all my life I've never seen anything like that....and he's seen it 3 times now. It absolutely wears on him, in many ways.

Have to admit I don't know this history here. Can you elaborate? PM me if you'd rather. Thanks.
                          "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

My personal belief is that Shaq fatigues mentally and cannot play through it. I have to imagine he gets more running in than most of the players just due to the punishment he has to endure. In looking at him, there is not much fat anymore. He looks pretty chiseled and in the best shape of his life. I think until he can overcome the mental side of giving 100% 100% of the time he will not be a player that will see any time on the floor. I can only imagine the verbal abuse he has to endure from the coaching staff. I hope he can figure this out because the guy has game. He could really be helping us out.

Comment

Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
                              Have to admit I don't know this history here. Can you elaborate? PM me if you'd rather. Thanks.
                              This should give the rest of the history on that, I believe: http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2013/09/05/wichita-state-player-collapses-at-practice-brings-back-awful-memories-for-gregg-marshall/

EDIT: Looks like i ninja'd kai :)
                              Last edited by ShockerEngineer; December 2, 2015, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
                                Marshall's first year in 2007, he goes to watch a recruit that committed under Turgeon, Guy Alang-Ntang was his name. Guy planned to honor his commitment to WSU even though he committed under Turgeon. Gregg's in the stands for the pick up game and Guy collapses on the court and passed away. Story: http://espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2840755

DJ Bowles a recruit who made it to Wichita State, who is still here, fyi, collapsed in practice and the staff had to use the paddles to bring him back to life. He is no longer cleared for sports activity. Story: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...-wichita-state

The third player to collapse for Gregg is Anton Grady with his spinal concussion and temporary paralysis.

Comment

Working...
                                X