Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AP and Coaches Poll Watch Thread (2015-16 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
    Coaches all got together and said "we gotta get WSU up there again so we don't get hosed in our bracket!"
    Ha pretty much the truth
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
      Coaches all got together and said "we gotta get WSU up there again so we don't get hosed in our bracket!"
      Probably not far from the truth. :)

Comment

• 28th in AP Poll.

Last week we were 29th w/33 points. This week we moved up a spot w/43 points.

Hopefully 3 wins propels us up the ladder with a larger move next week.

Comment

• Here is the breakdown of the votes we received this week.

Pretty weird. Last week, we registered on 10 ballots. This week, we were only slotted on 9. Nearly all of our small increase in points is attributable to Cecil Hurt ranking us 12th this week, up from 22nd last week. Probably most notable on the WTF scale is John Feinstein dropping us off his ballot from 18th last week, while elevating Stephen F. Austin into his rankings.

I was hoping we'd appear on a few more ballots this week. C'est la vie. Let's go win 3 this weekend and get ready for the best time of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
            Probably most notable on the WTF scale is John Feinstein dropping us off his ballot from 18th last week, while elevating Stephen F. Austin into his rankings.
            That's literally a "lose your voting privileges" level of dumb by Feinstein. SFA is a fine team, but to put them ahead of WSU is bonkers. A 5 point win @ Texas A&M Corpus Christi is literally their most impressive win of the year. They had 4 chances to play top 100 teams on the road in the non con. They lost those 4 games by a combined 69 points.

Comment

• This sh*t anymore is nothing but a popularity contest or a who knows who. When you start breaking down ballots and looking at it week to week, it really starts to reveal how stupid this stuff is. I love the notoriety and everything but you seriously can't explain some of the stupid that goes on.

How does one become an AP voter? Do you make a request? What kinda credentials do you have to have? Can you get kicked off or replaced? Are there term limits?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                Here is the breakdown of the votes we received this week.

Pretty weird. Last week, we registered on 10 ballots. This week, we were only slotted on 9. Nearly all of our small increase in points is attributable to Cecil Hurt ranking us 12th this week, up from 22nd last week. Probably most notable on the WTF scale is John Feinstein dropping us off his ballot from 18th last week, while elevating Stephen F. Austin into his rankings.

I was hoping we'd appear on a few more ballots this week. C'est la vie. Let's go win 3 this weekend and get ready for the best time of the year.
                Maybe Feinstein has 24 teams he ranks, then one he picks by some sort of computerized lottery, along with its rank. Last week WSU was the winner, this week SFA. Either that or he's impressed by how well Underwood is doing in the Charity Challenge.

In Seth Davis's case, didn't WSU go from 13th to out? For him the UNI debacle, because it was at home, was the equivalent of a 2x4 upside the head that knocked WSU totally out of his consciousness and left him with amnesia about where they had been ranked previously.

Comment

• Shox were #28 this week.

#23 Texas was crushed by #1 KU, at home, by 30.
                  #25 Cal lost @ #18 Arizona.
                  #27 Seton Hall lost @ unranked Butler.
                  #29 St. Joseph's lost @ unranked St. Bonaventure.
                  #30 Notre Dame lost a home game to #7 Miami by 18.
                  #31 Texas Tech lost at #10 West Virginia by 22.
                  #32 Cincinnati lost at unranked Houston by 13.
                  #35 Arkansas Little Rock had a horrible loss @ Appalachian St.

Not all of these teams will fall off every ballot come next Monday, but they will fall off a lot of them. There have been some good wins by other teams in the 20-40 range of the AP, so WSU is far from guaranteed to jump in at every opening, but still, 3 wins in 3 days and the Shox should make an appearance on quite a few ballots on Monday. Enough to re-enter the top 25? Too soon to tell, and will depend a lot on other games this weekend.

Comment

• Find the 2023-24 NCAAM rankings on ESPN, including the Coaches and AP poll for the top 25 NCAAM teams.

1 Vote in AP, 36 Votes in Coaches (26th Place)

Interesting.
                    Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
                      http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

1 Vote in AP, 36 Votes in Coaches (26th Place)

Interesting.
                      Surprises me a little.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                        Surprises me a little.
                        I think there is a lot more respect out there for WSU than people realize ... just not always with the big mouth media types.

Comment

• One thing I noticed today. UNI's single vote came from a voter from ..... Iowa ...

Comment

Working...
                          X