Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AP and Coaches Poll Watch Thread (2015-16 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No dice on Seth Davis, Jerry Carino, Geoff Grammer and Doug Haller's ballots.

Comment

• Does it look like we could jump back into the top 25 this week?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
        Does it look like we could jump back into the top 25 this week?
        Unlikely. We'll probably see some incremental gains but we're not showing up on a lot of ballots from voters who have traditionally been friendly to us.

Maybe next week if everything goes just right, but we probably need to win the next 5 to get back in.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
          they went into the tournament ranked #2 in the country but were placed lowest of the four 1 seeds. 'pretty harsh.
          WSU was the 3rd #1 seed that year and in front of Virginia on the S-Curve. Florida, Arizona, WSU, then Virginia.
          Last edited by Jamar Howard 4 President; February 22, 2016, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
            Unlikely. We'll probably see some incremental gains but we're not showing up on a lot of ballots from voters who have traditionally been friendly to us.

Maybe next week if everything goes just right, but we probably need to win the next 5 to get back in.
            Being ranked on Selection Sunday can't hurt for seeding purposes. It may not factor in much .. but sure can't hurt.

Comment

• WSU is 28th in the Coaches Poll w/32 votes.

Last week we were 28th in the same poll w/30 votes.

Comment

• Winning by 30 seemed to not get noticed. Whatever. We've had a tumultuous season this year that quite frankly was not expected (injuries, etc). This team is gelling...figured out how to score against a zone and has finally seen the bigs go off. Grady is finally hitting his 15' jumpers we saw in all the Cleveland St. videos. This team here is pretty much now saying..."everybody get the hell outta the way...we got sumthing to finish!!!"
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• 29th by votes in the AP
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Seems like everyone in the top 25 keeps losing. I'd be ok to just keep winning and stay out of the top 25 right now.

Comment

• 33 votes in AP this week vs. 14 last week. Not bad, probably still a couple weeks away if we take care of biz.

Comment

• Here is the breakdown of our votes in this week's AP Poll. Only 10 voters had us on their ballots, with John Feinstein ranking us the highest (18th).

Comment

• Our problem is probably the 44 in the rpi. It needs to climb a little bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                            Our problem is probably the 44 in the rpi. It needs to climb a little bit.
                            Should be mid to high 30s with 2 wins this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                              Seems like everyone in the top 25 keeps losing. I'd be ok to just keep winning and stay out of the top 25 right now.
                              As would I. I don't mind this team flying under the radar especially they way they are coming on lately. At the point how the Shocks are playing is more important to me than their ranking. As long as they can keep playing at the current level everything else should eventually fall in place.

Comment

• I don't usually complain about the polls, because I don't believe they really matter much, and being overlooked in them can provide motivation in its own right. So just get into the tournament by winning in St. Louis or according to the one poll that does matter, that of the selection committee, and then survive and advance.

Still, some things are hard to understand, such as:

1. How are Iowa State and Texas still ranked? I know it's the Big 12-2 and all, which means that any loss other than to TCU is a quality loss, but at some point don't even the quality losses pile so high that they knock a team off someone's ballot?

2. Why would anyone vote Utah ahead of WSU?

3. Does Seth Davis have amnesia? I thought he was aware of WSU, which would cause me to think he might be aware of how the Shocks turned around last week, but apparently not.

Comment

Working...
                                X