No announcement yet.

2015-16 Media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am absolutely stunned at Dick Vitale's choices...what a risk taker!!!!:)

Comment

• It's a good thing to appear in the mid-range of that list. Not many short-term wonders are going to ever appear in that type of list pre-season.

That's pretty much verification that WSU is now a national brand.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        It's a good thing to appear in the mid-range of that list. Not many short-term wonders are going to ever appear in that type of list pre-season.

That's pretty much verification that WSU is now a national brand.
        And a good school with a GREAT COACH to come play for. Wanna be in a program who's Final Four chances are there for the taking? Sign on with Coach Marshall at Wichita St.!!!!!!
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Poland is roughly 1,250 mile from its southern most point to its northern most point so it is not that unusual for Poles to be far apart. Bazinga.
          Adam Griffith, the place kicker for Alabama, is actually a Polish orphan adopted by a couple (the Griffiths, of course) from Georgia, where he then went to high school and started playing football. So he's REALLY far apart from the other Poles.

Why do you think they have the expression "poles apart," anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            It's a good thing to appear in the mid-range of that list.
            Or to rank ahead of Duke, for heaven's sake.

Comment

• I think the talking heads are figuring that kU will have Dielo at some point of the season, so naturally, like always they will be in the final four and win it all. Right? Whats new. i think it will be funny stuff if Dielo doesn't get cleared, keeping my fingers crossed. I see where they got there lawyers involved now. Of course they thought they'ed win it with Wiggins a few years ago and that didn't go so well. I guess if you say it often enough it will eventually come true...

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                I think the talking heads are figuring that kU will have Dielo at some point of the season, so naturally, like always they will be in the final four and win it all. Right? Whats new. i think it will be funny stuff if Dielo doesn't get cleared, keeping my fingers crossed. I see where they got there lawyers involved now. Of course they thought they'ed win it with Wiggins a few years ago and that didn't go so well. I guess if you say it often enough it will eventually come true...
                I can't get my self to think its funny that a young man can't get cleared by the NCAA, no matter who they play for, especially with the way that the NCAA handles it. Last I read, they were asking for like 6th grade transcripts. Seems a little bit much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  I can't get my self to think its funny that a young man can't get cleared by the NCAA, no matter who they play for, especially with the way that the NCAA handles it. Last I read, they were asking for like 6th grade transcripts. Seems a little bit much.
                  Personal opinion, no special treatment one way or the other. If he hasn't succeeded in completing enough or proper coursework to make it through the clearing house, he shouldn't be cleared. He's not special. On the other hand, if he has completed required coursework, he should be cleared. He should not be required to be special. The part of this that is funny to me is that BS, in his unabashed desire to keep up with the UK's and Dukes of the world in regards to OAD's has shown himself very willing to scrape the bottom of the character barrel (or the "I hope he's eligible barrel) in order to find similar talent to those other institutions. If you keep scraping the bottom of that barrel, you're bound to get a few splinters.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                    Of course they thought they'ed win it with Wiggins a few years ago and that didn't go so well. I guess if you say it often enough it will eventually come true...
                    Those t-shirt wearing bandie douchenozzles would think they were going to win the nc if The Rug brought in 5 of the poor sisters of the blind.

Rent free and still better.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                      Personal opinion, no special treatment one way or the other. If he hasn't succeeded in completing enough or proper coursework to make it through the clearing house, he shouldn't be cleared. He's not special. On the other hand, if he has completed required coursework, he should be cleared. He should not be required to be special. The part of this that is funny to me is that BS, in his unabashed desire to keep up with the UK's and Dukes of the world in regards to OAD's has shown himself very willing to scrape the bottom of the character barrel (or the "I hope he's eligible barrel) in order to find similar talent to those other institutions. If you keep scraping the bottom of that barrel, you're bound to get a few splinters.
                      I think we are on the same thought process. He should be held to the same standards as other students, not higher, not lower. He's already enrolled in the school. He's taking classes. While it is most likely that he is one and done, if for some reason he really wanted to stay 4 years in order to use the free ride to get a degree and the NCAA refuses to clear him to play basketball, then he loses that chance at an education he might not get other wise. I wouldn't find that funny. Now that is probably not the case, just yet again, can't cheer against other teams players just because I don't like the program. If the do or say something stupid (ie Oubre) then yes, its fine. Its the same way, I'll defend Perry Ellis against people that laugh at the way he's treated or when he gets hurt etc etc. He's a stand up person/player and just because you aren't a fan of his program, doesn't mean you have to wish ill against him.

</soapbox>

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        I think we are on the same thought process. He should be held to the same standards as other students, not higher, not lower. He's already enrolled in the school. He's taking classes. While it is most likely that he is one and done, if for some reason he really wanted to stay 4 years in order to use the free ride to get a degree and the NCAA refuses to clear him to play basketball, then he loses that chance at an education he might not get other wise. I wouldn't find that funny. Now that is probably not the case, just yet again, can't cheer against other teams players just because I don't like the program. If the do or say something stupid (ie Oubre) then yes, its fine. Its the same way, I'll defend Perry Ellis against people that laugh at the way he's treated or when he gets hurt etc etc. He's a stand up person/player and just because you aren't a fan of his program, doesn't mean you have to wish ill against him.

</soapbox>
                        Yup. Same page. Perry is my favorite player (only one I wish well for) on the KU team. He will be successful in his future, even if not in basketball, simply because he's a good human being.
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• B/R report lists Grady as a top transfer to make an impact.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2585329-biggest-storylines-of-the-2015-16-ncaa-basketball-season/page/10

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• B/R report most important players Fred is #13

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2015/11/11/college-basketballs-most-important-players/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_c ampaign=college-basketball

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• For those who haven't read the Fred piece yet.

Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

Comment

• From the SI team ranking and Off Rank and Def Rank, there are only 4 teams that are top twenty in each:

Kansas...Off=8 Def= 6
                                Kentucky.......5........12
                                Maryland.....10..........8
                                Shockers.....19..........3

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2015/11/03/every-team-college-basketball-ranked-north-carolina-kentucky-kansas

Comment

Working...
                                X