The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ripper View Post
    You wouldn’t believe the coaches my delusional fellow fans think we should “go after”. Mark Few, Donovan, pitino, brad Stevens.
    Put Red Auerbach on the list while your at it. Going down a dead end might as well include a dead coach.

Comment

• wusphlash
      wusphlash commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, no smoking on campus.

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
    I'll give Arkansas fans one thing: They sure do think highly of that basketball program that hasn't done anything in 23 years. I've never seen so many people try and talk up a program that hasn't been relevant since before Marshall even became a head coach.
    I'm waiting for the inevitable "oh we didn't want him and never offered. He was begging us to offer him a job. We decided that Dan Muller was a much better coach that's why we offered him"

Comment

I'll give Arkansas fans one thing: They sure do think highly of that basketball program that hasn't done anything in 23 years. I've never seen so many people try and talk up a program that hasn't been relevant since before Marshall even became a head coach.
      Maybe irrelevant for 20 years but lots if history and very nice facilities and a 20,000 seat arena. Even in down years top 10 in the nation in attendance. A sleeping giant waiting for a coach to bring back excitement. And from all indications ready to make some coach top 5 paid. Again, wish it would be Gregg Marshall but don’t t think it’s gonna happen.

Comment

• Remember Greg McDermott is out there!
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• choida
          choida commented
          Editing a comment
          Steve Alford is a good choice...

• Aargh
          Aargh commented
          Editing a comment
          Greg McDermott only has 2 G's, so that would eliminate one of the criticisms of Marshall.

Maybe irrelevant for 20 years but lots if history and very nice facilities and a 20,000 seat arena. Even in down years top 10 in the nation in attendance. A sleeping giant waiting for a coach to bring back excitement. And from all indications ready to make some coach top 5 paid. Again, wish it would be Gregg Marshall but don’t t think it’s gonna happen.
        This sounds strangely similar and familiar to our once proud baseball program. Hahaaaa

Comment

Hey, long languishing Arkansas basketball fan here. Grew up in 80s and 90s when hogball was awesome. Would love to have GM as our coach, but don’t think it’s gonna happen. Neither is Beard. Allegedly the checkbook is wide open though so who knows. Who would you guys want if you were in the market this year?
          Steve Eck! :yahoo:
          (For those with defective meters, that is a joke.)
          Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

I think Arkansas should make an offer for Coach K.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• They should wait until Billy Donovan gets fired by the Thunder.

ok, I’m hoping Billy Donovan gets fired by the Thunder actually.

Comment

• Lol Arkansas board just busted out the ole "if we want him there is nothing you can do to keep him" line

Comment

• choida
                  choida commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh. no. They. Didn't.

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                Lol Arkansas board just busted out the ole "if we want him there is nothing you can do to keep him" line
                They all say that. Then a week later you read they hired coach retread or up-and-comer for $2.5M. Weird.

The group of guys in front of Marshall on the coaching salary list doesn’t change much at all from year to year. There’s a reason for that.

The P5’s have big incomes, to match big expenses. Discretionary income is directly related to fixed costs no matter if your household makes $75K/yr or $300K/yr. The dee measuring contest is such that they’re all spending every red cent that comes in, especially at the smaller time P5 schools like Arkansas, K-State, Tx Tech, Oregon State, etc.

Comment

• I made the low-IQ move and visited the Arky board and I can't stop laughing. Literally can't stop loling.

I'll probably check back in a few days and watch all the rigid tails between legs.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
                    Happens every year, I know. I get it. Please don't shoot the messenger.

I would just like to point out that Arkansas VIP forums are all claiming they offered Marshall $4.5MM a year. Just thought I would relay. They also thought they had Musselman as of Monday, but obviously that didn't happen, so take that FWIW.
                    Why do you even read that stuff, dude? You need to find something better to spend your time on than other schools' fan boards.

Comment

• JVShocker
                      JVShocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Gotta admit. I went and read it. Agreed that it is very very funny stuff. But as I've said so many times on SN, you can't argue with stupid people.

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                    I heard Gregg is leaving for Arkansas and Austin is leaving OU to play for him.
                    Wasn't April Fools' Day a while ago, phlash?

Comment

• wusphlash
                      wusphlash commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Where coaching changes are concerned it's not just a day, it's a season.

• Earl Grant would be perfect for Arkansas. Another ass kicking coach that’s a part of the Marshall coaching tree, he’s young and he’s from the south.

Comment

• Something I ran into while perusing the Razorback board - Reaves left the WSU program because some locals got into his ear. There were more that said Reaves left because Marshall is a nutjob.

I can believe both. If a player thinks Marshall is a nutjob, and his friends and family endorse that opinion - see ya - bye! We'll hope to find another player more interested in improving their game.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• wufan
                        wufan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That wasn’t it

• WstateU
                        WstateU commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You are correct, that wasn't it... but an 'IT' was involved. :)
                    Working...
                    X