No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah... if WSU is such an inferior program then why are there only 17 spots separating Arkansas and WSU in all-time AP poll appearances? Guess that 34th spot is really the threshold for college basketball dominance and the 51st is where the ankle biters start. Not sure where that leaves the 43% of SEC MBB programs that actually fall behind WSU on that list, or how such a factoid might be encountered and reconciled by the Ozarkians.

Comment

• DANA ALTMAN TO ARKANSAS !!!!

Comment

• WuDrWu
        WuDrWu commented
        Editing a comment
        Winning.

• This thread has heated up WAY too much, but let me just ask this one question and I'll go back to annoying everyone in the baseball forum:

What do you think Gregg's reaction will be to being asked after Coach Sampson and after Coach Mussleman and whomever else Arky has talked to?

Asking for a friend.

Comment

• kcshocker11
        kcshocker11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Luv yea Doc! I wasnt sweating this in the least bit.

• It's a bunch of Hogwash if you ask me.....

Comment

• Was just listening to Eldridge being interviewed by Lutz Jr on The Drive on KFH. Were talking all things WSU MBB. Last Q was Eldridge’s thoughts on Arky. Eldridge said that his contacts in the WSU AD said basically that the Marshall vs AR non-thing (that’s gone nearly unnoticed in Wichita) has been whipped up from whole cloth by AR peeps. So basically like all the others this time every year.

Biggest thing though I took out of the convo was the fact that Marshall’s contract automatically re-ups in just a few weeks for another 7 years and $24.5M, guaranteed. His contract is structured such that this essentially happens for perpetuity until GM decides to hang up his wristwatch. His financial and job security here is more or less unmatched in the contracts of college coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          Was just listening to Eldridge being interviewed by Lutz Jr on The Drive on KFH. Were talking all things WSU MBB. Last Q was Eldridge’s thoughts on Arky. Eldridge said that his contacts in the WSU AD said basically that the Marshall vs AR non-thing (that’s gone nearly unnoticed in Wichita) has been whipped up from whole cloth by AR peeps. So basically like all the others this time every year.

Biggest thing though I took out of the convo was the fact that Marshall’s contract automatically re-ups in just a few weeks for another 7 years and $24.5M, guaranteed. His contract is structured such that this essentially happens for perpetuity until GM decides to hang up his wristwatch. His financial and job security here is more or less unmatched in the contracts of college coaches.
          His contract reups every year. As of May 1 every year he is always in contract for 7 more years. It's a rolling contract.

His buyout is basically always 15M from the WSU side and 200k from his side.

There is maybe 1 coach in college basketball with as much job security written in the contract as Marshall and that's the lifetime contract that Cal just got

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post

I believe Rick Pitino is too toxic for Fayetteville.
            That didn't stop them from hiring Bobby Petrino as their head coach who, ironically, was canned by Louisville with 2 games remaining in the 2018 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
              I always approach any Gregg Marshall rumor with a grain of salt because he is linked to every job. But from some things I have heard, Arkansas is making a serious push.
              Was there an envelope in hand containing the news?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Hey, long languishing Arkansas basketball fan here. Grew up in 80s and 90s when hogball was awesome. Would love to have GM as our coach, but don’t think it’s gonna happen. Neither is Beard. Allegedly the checkbook is wide open though so who knows. Who would you guys want if you were in the market this year?

Comment

• AndShock
                AndShock commented
                Editing a comment
                Jans

• Aargh
                Aargh commented
                Editing a comment
                Marshall

• XManCometh
                XManCometh commented
                Editing a comment
                It'll never happen. You and your Arkansas buddies might as well move on to another name tomorrow like you've done every day this week.

• Originally posted by Ripper View Post
              Hey, long languishing Arkansas basketball fan here. Grew up in 80s and 90s when hogball was awesome. Would love to have GM as our coach, but don’t think it’s gonna happen. Neither is Beard. Allegedly the checkbook is wide open though so who knows. Who would you guys want if you were in the market this year?
              Telling you. Chris Jans. That's who you should be going after.
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• You wouldn’t believe the coaches my delusional fellow fans think we should “go after”. Mark Few, Donovan, pitino, brad Stevens.

Comment

• I’d want “Terminator Gregg Marshall” so he could coach until 2125.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

Telling you. Chris Jans. That's who you should be going after.
                    In the #metoo era he is definitely toxic. Doubt a high visibility program takes a chance on him for a number of years if ever. New Mexico State is going to be good for a long time.

Comment

• XManCometh
                      XManCometh commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This comment shows how little you know about Chris Jans as a person, and that incident.

• Originally posted by Ripper View Post
                    You wouldn’t believe the coaches my delusional fellow fans think we should “go after”. Mark Few, Donovan, pitino, brad Stevens.
                    Yeah. I get it. You want a big splash because the SEC is a dick measuring contest.

But Chris Jans will have you getting the last laugh. He's the coach you can get who will have you winning. Dude is legit.
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
                      GreatWhiteBuffalo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He would be the first phone call I'd make should Marshall ever leave...were I the AD of course.

• Jans has certainly been killing it at nmsu

Comment

Working...
                    X