No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening to Rick Barnes press conference, first off he seems like a first class individual. He said he was told after the Butler loss that he was returning but then the stuff started with the AD trying to get him to make changes to his coaching staff and he wouldn't do it. Why would Coach Marshall want to work for someone like that?

And secondly, what can Gregg accomplish at Texas that he can't do at Wichita State. The past four years, WSU has been the better program. I just don't think Texas is his dream job. Is it a good job with a lot of resources? Yes, but don't think that is where he would want to end his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by SPEShox25 View Post
      Listening to Rick Barnes press conference, first off he seems like a first class individual. He said he was told after the Butler loss that he was returning but then the stuff started with the AD trying to get him to make changes to his coaching staff and he wouldn't do it. Why would Coach Marshall want to work for someone like that?

And secondly, what can Gregg accomplish at Texas that he can't do at Wichita State. The past four years, WSU has been the better program. I just don't think Texas is his dream job. Is it a good job with a lot of resources? Yes, but don't think that is where he would want to end his career.
      I would like to think that you are on target. I will say that unless you have been offered more money to uproot and move and regularly receive headhunter calls the average person cannot grasp the complexity of the issues. Even more money from "home" isn't always a done deal because oftentimes what is being built in the present holds more sway over more money.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by SPEShox25 View Post
        Listening to Rick Barnes press conference, first off he seems like a first class individual. He said he was told after the Butler loss that he was returning but then the stuff started with the AD trying to get him to make changes to his coaching staff and he wouldn't do it. Why would Coach Marshall want to work for someone like that?
        Agreed.
        The Assman

Comment

• If this report about Smart is true (please, please let it be) one wonders how much was offered. I believe Smart was making $1.5M and with Barnes making $2.55M it was probably somewhere in between. One could also wonder if Texas actually talked to Marshall but one or the other said "Thanks, but no thanks" and everyone moves on. You know, never mind -- I actually DON'T CARE as long as Marshall is our coach for next year and hopefully many more.

Comment

• Curious, if I understand what has been said and/or written about Gregg and his mentor. Kresse retired at 59 and stayed at the College of Charleston until he retired from coaching. Does Gregg consider things like "legacy?" How many years and wins is Gregg away from having a bunch of stuff named after him and statues being built? Leave now, and that will not happen here, nor at his next stop.

Just curious if this stuff is considered by Gregg. I don't know the man, so have no idea :)

Comment

• Sure hope ADES steps up for HCGM. "Pay the man!"

Or we will have this problem again next year.

Comment

• I maintain that when your university president is tossing up multimillion dollar buildings and campus renovations on the back of success made possible by one specific man, the difference between 1.85 million and 5 million starts to look very small.

Comment

• I'm hopin $5 mil is the price, but we need to get him up to "top 10 paid coaches" WITH the incentives he already has. Then if he's getting us in the S16 every year, he'll be in the top 2 or 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                    Sure hope ADES steps up for HCGM. "Pay the man!"

Or we will have this problem again next year.
                    Pay him because of his accomplishments. But don't pay him because you think he will bolt if you don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                      
                      I find nothing on the VCU board about this unless I'm not looking at the right board which is entirely possible.

Comment

• Interesting flight: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/E...100Z/KAUS/KAAO

Comment

• Hmm any tail number on it?

Comment

• Originally posted by John Higgins View Post
                            I would think either way still will have an interview.

Comment

• That plane is currently en route to Austin from Omaha, before a quick turnaround to Wichita, per the schedule

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxtastic View Post
                                That plane is currently en route to Austin from Omaha, before a quick turnaround to Wichita, per the schedule
                                is John Higgins the pilot?

Comment

Working...
                                X