The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain of events.

Alabama presumptuously announces it will make HCGM an offer he can't possibly refuse in the national media during the middle of all of our NCAA games. Marshall says don't bother. Alabama calls the other 2 guys on their short list. Those guys say don't bother. Alabama goes back to plan A and is now flying to Marshall's house to make a bigger offer he can't refuse because they underestimated his values. In other words, they are about to commence "operation beg and throw a tantrum."

The jury is still out.

Comment

• All this speculation, regardless of how pointless it all really is, is making me really unproductive today at work. If my computer could talk trash it'd ask me if I have a mental problem since I've refreshed twitter and shockernet 200 gazillion times this morning waiting to see up-to-the minute nothingness... Sigh...

Comment

• The way this has played out in the media doesn't really look great for WSU or Marshall.

Makes it look like Smart was first choice for both, Marshall wanted UT, told Alabama to shove it. UT decided it wanted Smart instead. Smart turns down Alabama, now Marshall meets with Bama.

Who knows if ANY of that is true. But that's how the reports have ran down the past couple days.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
          I will be glad when this is just over. Ready to move on, one way or another. The not-knowing is the worst part.
          Word!

Comment

• All of this dropping on the day of his coach's show. Time to travel to Deano's!
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Yeah, always feels like forever when it had only been a couple days since it heated up this much
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Has anyone here ever heard a timeshare pitch? That's what Alabama is about to do.
                We'd like to offer you 2.8 million!
                No.
                But what if we told you we are willing to offer you 3.2 million!?
                No.
                3.4? No. 3.8!?? No.
                Let me talk to my manager... He says I can offer you 4 MILLION dollars and you don't even have to come coach our team. You just have to take the job and you can still coach WSU, too because our fans won't even know.

No, and I'm so tired of this meeting I would turn down 10 million just so I can go back to what I was doing before you got here.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                  All of this dropping on the day of his coach's show. Time to travel to Deano's!
                  I can only begin to imagine the awkward, dumbass calls that might come in tonight if the situation is unresolved...
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
                    My guess is they cancel it just because this situation is crazy right now
                    i doubt they cancel it due to plans on having the seniors on, but they may not take calls.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                      i doubt they cancel it due to plans on having the seniors on, but they may not take calls.
                      I hope they don't take calls. And if they do, I might have to call in first and preemptively apologize for the surely turrible (Barkley voice) calls that will ensue.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                        Or they have with the seniors and no coach???
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• So UCLA pays 3.4 mil to Alford and the rumor is Bama is going to over that or a little over that. IF Marshall turned down UCLA at 3.4 mil why would Bama be any more attractive with a similar offer. Just guessing.

Comment

• So UCLA pays 3.4 mil to Alford and the rumor is Bama is going to offer that or a little over that.  IF Marshall turned down UCLA at 3.4 mil why would Bama be any more attractive with a similar offer.  Just guessing.

Comment

• Is there any live sports radio shows potentially discussing this?

Comment

• ******* says flight will land at 11:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X