The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
    He's backtracking now that ******* tweeted. Saying facility upgrades must have been in the way. Looks like he has old info

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      I haven't commented on any of these Vandy rumors because I think it's a bunch of BS. What I would like to say about is this: If 3G is actually talking to them, it would really piss me off if I'm WSU big donors and/or administration. They bent over backwards last year to make him a Top 10 paid coach. He has everything he wants here. If he is going to talk to other schools every freakin' off season, and I'm not saying he is, he's gonna start losing some respect from some of the people that matter. If this is the Gonzaga of the midwest, a big part of that is having a head coach that doesn't entertain outside offers. Surely some of this has an adverse effect on recruiting.
      Have to say that I agree with this to an extent. Nothing of any note has come out this offseason. But there is a line where I would say enough is enough. Not there at all. Not saying that. But there's a point to what Dan is saying.

There has to be a point where this gets in the way of the job he has, and is paid handsomely to do. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        He's backtracking now that ******* tweeted. Saying facility upgrades must have been in the way. Looks like he has old info
        Old info.....like when Bama offered 4.1 last year old.

Johnny B'Park Franks
        3m3 minutes ago
        Johnny B'Park Franks ‏@BPFranksShow
        @SykoDFS It is not about the money, but the other issues (i.e., facility upgrades, etc.).

Other issues.....like NOT BEING VANDERBILT.

Comment

• Marshall will leave one day, the man has done big time things here for Wichita State and their fans... He will leave the cupboard stocked for the next person. Until then we should all be blessed for each remaining year he is with us... GOSHOX

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
            Marshall will leave one day, the man has done big time things here for Wichita State and their fans... He will leave the cupboard stocked for the next person. Until then we should all be blessed for each remaining year he is with us... GOSHOX
            You're right. He will leave one day. I hope and believe that he will leave when he is finished coaching and ready to go lay on the beach with Lynn. And of course after FVV has played professionally until he is ready to retire and get enough experience to take over for 3.3G
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• If or when he takes another job, I will be grateful for what he did as a Shocker, but beyond that I will wish him the same thing I wish any other coach. You're either a Shocker or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                You're right. He will leave one day. I hope and believe that he will leave when he is finished coaching and ready to go lay on the beach with Lynn. And of course after FVV has played professionally until he is ready to retire and get enough experience to take over for 3.3G
                Love 3G and what he's done for this university, program and city. But WSU is a special place for college basketball. One that can compete for a national championship. I want someone here who recognizes that, and wants to do that here. Not someone who always thinks the grass could be greenier. Not saying that's him.

But as a fan, that's what I want. And what WSU deserves.

Comment

I haven't commented on any of these Vandy rumors because I think it's a bunch of BS. What I would like to say about is this: If 3G is actually talking to them, it would really piss me off if I'm WSU big donors and/or administration. They bent over backwards last year to make him a Top 10 paid coach. He has everything he wants here. If he is going to talk to other schools every freakin' off season, and I'm not saying he is, he's gonna start losing some respect from some of the people that matter. If this is the Gonzaga of the midwest, a big part of that is having a head coach that doesn't entertain outside offers. Surely some of this has an adverse effect on recruiting.
                  I just don't know if this is Marshalls doing or Vandys, they are very full of themselves. There is no solid info. For all we know, they came up with that offer and he said no immediately and now are using the offer as leverage for someone else

Comment

• Tweets have been deleted.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      Tweets have been deleted.
                      *******'s? Or the numbnutz from Nashville?

Comment

• Unless we are talking football, the SEC is garbage. They have UK... Cool. Alabama's offer last year was a joke. Alabama is a football school and has no business even talking to anyone outside of football coaches. If anything I think Marshall should make his disinterest in football conference trolls more well known. Why are we left to wonder? We really shouldn't be wondering over $3 million a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                          Nashville bro deleted the tweet I linked. He still has speculation and other stuff about 3G after the original on his TL.

Still have seen nothing about 3G to there from anyone we all would deem credible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                            Nashville guy deleted his initial tweet that essentially made it sound as if the only thing left was a press conference. His subsequent tweets backing off that initial tweet, and giving himself a PR exit strategy, remain, so he's not really trying to erase his tracks. The guy knows he's created a mess for himself, based off of either sketchy or unreliable sources.

Comment

I agree in principle. I think we passed up Gonzaga $2M ago though. We really are at a completely different level due to the salary commitment.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                                Alabama's offer last year was a joke. Alabama is a football school and has no business even talking to anyone outside of football coaches.
                                $4.1M/yr is no joke, football school or not.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X