The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason King just tweeted:

"Just spoke with Gregg Marshall. He's in Wichita and says he's had "no contact whatsoever w/ Vanderbilt. That's rumor & innuendo. 100% false""

Who wants to post this on VandyMania?
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      Jason King just tweeted:

"Just spoke with Gregg Marshall. He's in Wichita and says he's had "no contact whatsoever w/ Vanderbilt. That's rumor & innuendo. 100% false""

Who wants to post this on VandyMania?
      They will simply delusionally rationalize the statement as a positive on their account. It is a psychosis.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        They will simply delusionally rationalize the statement as a positive on their account. It is a psychosis.
        Already seen a response "but I'm sure his agent has" ... If by this point you haven't spoken directly To Gregg, you aren't getting him

Comment

• Im sorry.

If GM went to Vanderbilt....

Vanderbilt. I would lose quite a bit of respect for him. And, on many levels, Im sure he would feel a little dirty.

Vanderbilt. Really? I mean. Seriously? Vanderbilt?

Kahn, I'm laughing at the superior intellect.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
            Love 3G and what he's done for this university, program and city. But WSU is a special place for college basketball. One that can compete for a national championship. I want someone here who recognizes that, and wants to do that here. Not someone who always thinks the grass could be greenier. Not saying that's him.

But as a fan, that's what I want. And what WSU deserves.
            That's exactly what I was saying just in different words. I think he will be here until he retires.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              Im sorry.

Vanderbilt. I would lose quite a bit of respect for him. And, on many levels, Im sure he would feel a little dirty.

but but but... that Vandy degree?!?!?!?!!?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                Im sorry.

I used to think that. But I certainly wouldn't couldn't hold it against him. It's not like he would take that job for money as he's already set. It would simply give him a greater chance in March. I don't even think he would instantly get Top-20 recruiting classes at Vandy but again...a better chance in March.
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Dear Vandy fans,

Gregg Marshall's own son retweeted the Jason King tweet, if for some reason you need absolute confirmation, your narcosis notwithstanding.

That is all. (Apologies to 'Ref.)

Comment

• It's really too bad Vandy fans have had to act like total douche nozzles throughout this coaching search. They were my favorite SEC school and I absolutely love Bryce Drew so they would have been an easy school to root for and I always have rooted for them in the past. Maybe Bryce Drew will turn them down and they'll hire Muller so I can have even more reason to root against them.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      Dear Vandy fans,

Gregg Marshall's own son retweeted the Jason King tweet, if for some reason you need absolute confirmation, your narcosis notwithstanding.

That is all. (Apologies to 'Ref.)
                      They are still clinging to it. I've seen multiple tweets and messages that point out that he still hasn't declined it officially.

Comment

• If I were them I'd be "clinging" to that hope too. Who wouldn't want Marshall as their coach. We got ourselves a great one this past decade!!! Can't blame 'em for their hope.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Vanderbilt fan here.

Sorry you guys have had such a bad experience with Vanderbilt fans. There are some in every group.

I think that we did seriously target CGM and reached out to his agents, through Eddie Fogler, whose consultant company is heading our search, and CGM turned us down.

You guys have a great coach, and a great program. I hope you can still root for us when we hire Bryce Drew, or whoever. Whatever the outcome, Vanderbilt honestly does try to do things the right way, which is increasingly difficult in the cesspool that is the SEC (mainly football).

Congratulations on the curb-stomping you gave us this year, and good luck henceforth.

Shock 'em!

Comment

• Fogler always reminded me of a little nerdy beatch.
                            What a dick weed.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                              It's really too bad Vandy fans have had to act like total douche nozzles throughout this coaching search. They were my favorite SEC school and I absolutely love Bryce Drew so they would have been an easy school to root for and I always have rooted for them in the past. Maybe Bryce Drew will turn them down and they'll hire Muller so I can have even more reason to root against them.
                              Give them grace. Even our own fan base gets schizophrenic and starts generating wild rumors and unreasonable projections during a coaching search. The uncertainty coupled with 'what-if' possibilities just let's your mind wander a little too far in these situations. They'll become rational again soon, once they have a coach in place.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by billyvongontard View Post
                                Sorry you guys have had such a bad experience with Vanderbilt fans. There are some in every group.

I think that we did seriously target CGM and reached out to his agents, through Eddie Fogler, whose consultant company is heading our search, and CGM turned us down.

You guys have a great coach, and a great program. I hope you can still root for us when we hire Bryce Drew, or whoever. Whatever the outcome, Vanderbilt honestly does try to do things the right way, which is increasingly difficult in the cesspool that is the SEC (mainly football).

Congratulations on the curb-stomping you gave us this year, and good luck henceforth.

Shock 'em!
                                Well this just went a long way toward restoring my respect for Vandy fans.
                                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                                X