The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
    @BDavisAAS: Texas may hire Shaka or may not. But I'm told by two sources nothing final expected today. School hopes to have a coach end of the week.
    Love tweets with 'may', 'hope', 'may not', 'nothing final'

I may take a dump. I may not. I hope to take a dump by the end of the week.

Im a journalist. Gotta write sumpting.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• @BDavisAAS: In the touching-all-our-bases department, VCU AD says no school has asked permission to talk to Shaka — yet. http://www.richmond.com/sports/colle...ac4da0ff7.html
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurley View Post
        I hope you're kidding. Who the hells job is it? Youre one of those guys who wants the steak dinner but doesn't want to pay for it.
        Gregg has received a raise each of the past several years. I didn't have to pony up for those, so there are other resources other than to hold season ticket holders 100% responsible, which I clearly said I'm not on board with. Raise my tickets in the normal flow of growing a top notch basketball program. I'm all for that. You can't systematically say "raise ticket prices $100 per ticket." The guy that pays $600 for his ticket is getting screwed vs. the guy that pays $1500 per. As I said, bad idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
          Gregg has received a raise each of the past several years. I didn't have to pony up for those, so there are other resources other than to hold season ticket holders 100% responsible, which I clearly said I'm not on board with. Raise my tickets in the normal flow of growing a top notch basketball program. I'm all for that. You can't systematically say "raise ticket prices $100 per ticket." The guy that pays $600 for his ticket is getting screwed vs. the guy that pays $1500 per. As I said, bad idea.
          Unfortunately, if a school/athletic program wants to play with the big boys, they have to get away from the penny slots. Gonna cost more to play at the big table.

Comment

• This quickly is becoming a thread on fair taxation.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
              Unfortunately, if a school/athletic program wants to play with the big boys, they have to get away from the penny slots. Gonna cost more to play at the big table.
              No doubt. Doesn't change my view, which includes raising my ticket prices in the normal business flow of funding a top notch program. You don't knee jerk a universal amount of money at one time across the board.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                This quickly is becoming a thread on fair taxation.
                The MILLION dollar question is defining fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                  It means you have a life and haven't refreshed twitter for an hour...

Damn...
                  Now that's funny sh*t ...

Comment

• Been watching all day and no news is still no news. Same stories from last week still circulating. Same rumors retold by a different expert. All I know is the Alabama AD might have been in Wichita. Why do I keep punishing myself on here?

Comment

• Good news?
                      Shocker Football...Alive in '95 errr 2005 errr 2025!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GO_SHOCKERS View Post
                        No news.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                          No doubt. Doesn't change my view, which includes raising my ticket prices in the normal business flow of funding a top notch program. You don't knee jerk a universal amount of money at one time across the board.
                          You have kind of went off the deep end here.

I think the raising ticket price example was being shown that WSU could raise and pay very good money, I don't think it was Sexton running a trial balloon up. I'm sure if WSU did try to keep Marshall with a hefty pay raise, they would probably do some combination of donor and ticket price increase. And most likely the ticket price increase would be based on where the seats were at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurley View Post
                            I hope you're kidding. Who the hells job is it? Youre one of those guys who wants the steak dinner but doesn't want to pay for it.
                            As a season ticket holder I would gladly fork over $100 to keep Gregg. Now if that happens year after year there would come a point where I couldn't afford it and I would be fine with surrendering my tickets for someone who can pay the man. It all comes down to how bad do you want a top flight program? Because I am not in the camp that thinks we'll simply be able to maintain the status quo with another coach.

Comment

• $1,000,000/# of paying seats = ticket increase
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Does anybody find this old quote as ironically twisted as I do:

At schools like Alabama, no matter how much the basketball team wins, it's football that comes first.

Comment

Working...
                                X