The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    I truly believe he can start pulling 4* and 5* recuits regularly; like Coach Cal did at Memphis.
    World Wide Wes, or an equivalent, is not going to start showing up at WSU games.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
      Your "Umm okay" is very condescending for not understanding a pretty easy concept.

Let's say I work at Wal-Mart corporate. I make 75k a year. I have an offer at Target corporate for 90k. No matter what, I am going to stay at Wal-Mart because I prefer staying put and my current job at Wal-Mart. Despite that, I still let my boss know I am entertaining a 90k offer at Target to see if they will increase my salary.
      And you do that because you want more money. I didn't say it was bad, I was just pointing out that is about the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
        This, along with a lot of things that HCGM has said he values, are why I haven't been too worried about this.

The only reason I'd see him leaving is if he thinks he can't achieve his goals, here.
        He told Rome last week that he can win a national title at WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
          And you do that because you want more money. I didn't say it was bad, I was just pointing out that is about the money.
          Typically, when people say it's "about the money" I take that to mean that they will just follow whoever gives the most. What people are saying in this thread is different.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
            This is my last post on this because ShockerNet is a toxic enough place right now even without dumb arguments.

You can believe whatever you want. You can believe it is contradictory to say 1. he would turn down Alabama since it's not about the money and 2. that he would use it to get a pay raise. I just disagree with you. I think it is ACTUALLY contradictory to believe if HCGM uses this to get a pay raise to 2.5 million and turns down 3+ from Alabama then "it's about the money." In my mind, by definition that could not be "about the money" because he is staying at his current job that pays less even though it pays more than it used to.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
              Yes Gene Stephenson got a 10 year annuity worth $1 million in 1990. It was given to him after he won the national championship in 1989 and Oklahoma wanted him badly.
              That would need to be at least $1 million for 3G for each year of the vesting period, if ADES can swing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                This is my last post on this because ShockerNet is a toxic enough place right now even without dumb arguments.

You can believe whatever you want. You can believe it is contradictory to say 1. he would turn down Alabama since it's not about the money and 2. that he would use it to get a pay raise. I just disagree with you. I think it is ACTUALLY contradictory to believe if HCGM uses this to get a pay raise to 2.5 million and turns down 3+ from Alabama then "it's about the money." In my mind, by definition that could not be "about the money" because he is staying at his current job that pays less even though it pays more than it used to.
                Let's agree to disagree then and move on. To me if you take an action with the intent to increase you salary then it is about the money. Like Aargh said, if HCGM is meeting with Alabama because it is the polite thing to do even if he has no intention of taking the job, that is fine. Now if he meets with Alabama knowing he isn't interested and then turns to ADES and says Alabama offered me 3 Mil, what are you going to give me to stay, that is about the money. I am not saying either way is wrong, it is just a bit disingenuous to say it isn't about the money if you are using it to get a raise.

Comment

• My question: Is Alabama still in town? And, if so, why? You've presented your case, made your offer. Why are you still here? And what does it mean if they are gone -- without any kind of announcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                    My question: Is Alabama still in town? And, if so, why? You've presented your case, made your offer. Why are you still here? And what does it mean if they are gone -- without any kind of announcement?
                    They are still here

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                      They are still here
                      Why would they still be here? Whether Marshall gave them an answer or not -- why would he want them here for a prolonged stay?

Comment

Why would they still be here? Whether Marshall gave them an answer or not -- why would he want them here for a prolonged stay?
                        Just like any other business trip. Discuss business and have lunch then wine and dine at night.

Comment

My question: Is Alabama still in town? And, if so, why? You've presented your case, made your offer. Why are you still here? And what does it mean if they are gone -- without any kind of announcement?
                          1. Still In Town: Don't know, @WillieJeff Jeffries says they are FWIW.
                          2. If So Why: Great day for a round of golf or Aircraft mechanical issues or 3G still listening or Don't know
                          3. Why are they still here: See #2
                          4. What does it mean if they are gone: They are returning to Alabama most likely. The real question is has the passenger manifest change any.

Comment

• He has said, many times, that he would never go to a job (exactly like Alabama)...........so if he does, it's about the money.

Comment

• Can I just say that if they are willing to pay him a stupid amount of money I can't really fault him for that? I will be sad because I like to be naive and think it isn't about the money for some people. But it would just confirm what I know deep down inside -- it is ALWAYS about the money.

Comment

• I hate waiting.
                                **FEAR THE WHEAT**

Comment

Working...
                                X