The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
    Obviously it can be done but with him making the trip to the Final 4 this weekend I just dont see how a "visit" takes place.

TBH If I'm a coach going to the Final 4 isnt a leisure trip at all. I could see him taking Kellen but not the ladies.

Basically what Im saying is..That seems like alot of trouble for something that was offered over a week ago #quebobbyshmurdadance
    Seems to confirm what Parson contended. If he waan't blown away by Bama in the first place, he isn't likely to go. It's not a job like Wichita State was when he took it; a job that made him think, "why wouldn't I take this job."
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
      Here's another tasty fact:
      "Grant reached the 2012 NCAA Tournament in his third season. That marked Alabama's first appearance since 2006. However, it was short-lived; the Tide lost to Creighton on a controversial last-second play in the opening round of the tournament"

How awful to have had your season ruined by Creighton. Wasn't this right before CU got obliterated by Duke?
      Actually that's kind of exclusive company.....so few teams have had their season ruined by Creighton.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShuckUms View Post
        He is the subscription service. He is the founder of and runs 247 sports (and was the founder of rivals.com).
        Obv Lucky knows what he is doing & talking about. But, what some on BOL can't comprehend, is that he's not giving any insider knowledge on THIS subject. He is passing along good info, but it's info that's came from various mediums or by reading tea leaves. Lucky has ppl in the "know", but they don't have a clear idea on the situation, just like everyone else NOT with the last name Marshall. Anyone on here, BOL, Tidesports, etc., claiming to have the scoop, simply is lying. Everyone involved is keeping everything close to the vest, and it will continue until a final decision is made.

I just have been laughing my ass off at BOL with some of their posters (who u prob see quite freq shuckums) who seem to have a better grasp on the situation than Lucky, Sullentrop, Insert any other journalist/media member. BOL has had threads laughing and poking fun of our SN posters, State of KS, city of Wichita, our university, our knowledge of sports,etc., LOL oh my I find that ironic & hilarious. As also a Bama fan ... Bama fans take the trump card in being some of the most uniformed, living in their own lil world, biased, jaded, a-holes to walk this earth. rant over for now.
        Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          I'm tired of unwanted visitors plopping themselves down in our SN living room, proceeding to take a steamy poo with a big smile, and then telling us all how good it smells.
          Every single Bama fan who comes here, regardless of their demeanor has been banned by myself. It is sitting at just under 15 people right now.

I've stated this is the policy, my suggestion to you and every other Shocker who comes here, stop replying to them. Report them, and I will ban them if they haven't already been banned. I've actually banned over 7 without any posts because I can see their IP from Alabama.

So please, stop cluttering up the thread by responding to them. Turn the other cheek.

And to the Bama fans on BOL complaining about this, talk to the members who come here with usernames like HeGone and the likes, and tell them they're to blame for the policy. This is a Shocker board, and the natives will always win here. It is what it is, and you're more than welcome to come here after the search is over if you want to be respectful. Like I've said in nearly all the ban messages, it is nothing personal.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• One more thing before I get off of the Anthony Grant history train.

YOU KNOW HE IS TELLING THIS TO GREGG.

Comment

You are not following along.

Please go away.

And he's not the founder of either Rivals or 247Sports, he simply had an Alabama site that was bought out by Rivals (as is how every Rivals sub site has come into existence).

The first Bama poster that references factual information, and not drastic over statements, will be the first on SN.

Did you guys invent the Internet too?

Comment

Here's another tasty fact:
                "Grant reached the 2012 NCAA Tournament in his third season. That marked Alabama's first appearance since 2006. However, it was short-lived; the Tide lost to Creighton on a controversial last-second play in the opening round of the tournament"

How awful to have had your season ruined by Creighton. Wasn't this right before CU got obliterated by Duke?
                Of course it had to be in the opening round, if the loss was to the Blue-Can't-win-two-in-a-row-in-the-NCAAs-Jays.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

One more thing before I get off of the Anthony Grant history train.

YOU KNOW HE IS TELLING THIS TO GREGG.
                  You mean the Anthony Grant that Bill Battle fired this year before his team was finished playing. You mean the Anthony Grant that was unable to coach his team in the NIT.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

No, it was right before Creighton lost to North Carolina but injured Kendall Marshall for the rest of the tournament on a quasi-dirty play, which weakened UNC enough to allow KU to beat the Tar Heels in the Elite 8 game that took place in St. Louis. (I still remember KU fans griping in 2007 when UCLA was a 2 seed but got to play 1 seed KU in San Jose in the Elite 8. Beakers conveniently forget the 2012 situation or also in 2004 when KU was a 4 but got KC and STL for their NCAA sites).
                    78-65

Comment

• If HCGM in his heart want to go to Alabama, then he should go. Otherwise, he is going to be bitter about it. If not he needs to let both fan bases move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                        Pretty sure the family has visited Alabama before when WSU played at Bama in Dec of 2013. I don't buy it. The Bama reports are basically stating the opposite of what I'm hearing from my WSU sources.
                        As a longtime follower of college football recruiting, that laughable BOL report is exactly the way those boards go - with everyone. Alabama Fan can't comprehend the notion that they don't get everyone they want.

And I'd say your sources are good. Marshall is a man of his word. He has said, many times, including in my presence, that he'll never, ever do another rebuild. His family doesn't want any part of Tuscaloosa, and for that I don't blame them. He has always said that these decisions are a democratic thing.

That BOL report is click bait, nothing more.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                          You mean the Anthony Grant that Bill Battle fired this year before his team was finished playing. You mean the Anthony Grant that was unable to coach his team in the NIT.
                          Yes, THAT Anthony Grant is friends with Marshall and was probably the first call Gregg made after the offer for a gazillion dollars was made.

"How would you like to make 4 million dollars to watch your coaching career do a 180?"

Comment

He's just retweeting crap being spewed by that subscription service. The same information I was referencing that literally no one else in the media is reporting.
                            NEW INFORMATION!?!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                              I hope that was the first question asked after Battle said, "Well, Gregg, do you have any questions?" "Yeah...why did you fire Grant before the season was over?"

Comment

• Everything I've heard is that Marshall was "not blown away" by Battle. The Alabama boards are never going to report that.

Comment

Working...
                                X