The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    1 Elite 8 and ZERO Final fours in their history .. not much to build off of there.
    20 NCAA Appearances
    8 Sweet 16's, 7 of them since 1980

Not North Carolina, but not Nebraska either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      With assistance from Wikipedia, I discovered that Alabama basketball has never had a four-year run as successful as the last four years at Wichita State. Go figure.
      Wichita
      2012 - 0-1, first round loss
      2013 - Final Four
      2014 - 1-1, second round loss
      2015 - 2-1, Sweet 16

Bama
      1984 - 0-1, first round loss
      1985 - 2-1, Sweet 16
      1986 - 2-1, Sweet 16
      1987 - 2-1, Sweet 16

1989 - 0-1, first round loss
      1990 - 2-1, Sweet 16
      1991 - 2-1, Sweet 16
      1992 - 1-1, second round loss

2002 - 1-1, second round loss
      2003 - 0-1, first round loss
      2004 - 3-1, Elite 8
      2005 - 1-1, second round loss

Never reached your 2013 height, that is for sure. Was a great season. You guys have a great program, and will with or without Marshall. Hope we can reach that same height someday. Cheers.

Comment

• As a fan of both WSU & Bama...

The process of HCGM's future has brought the worst & ugliest fans out of the woodwork -- for BOTH fan bases. SN is a FREE forum, so we will get all the Bama troll trash from the Internet, just the way it is, so don't let any of those dumbasses get you down. I'm a member over at BamaOnline & those fools would prob be all up in arms if ya'll were allowed to FREE post over there. They are just a different breed from a different world so let us Try to keep it Civil and light hearted & keep banning their trolls mods.

For the record, I hope Marshall stays & tells Bama where to stick it. Bama does has good bball fans, but they are few and far between. They don't deserve a coach like Marshall. As some of u know on here, I'm all WSU, but I have a ton of family down in Bama and I am an avid Bama fball supporter, but WSU trumps all else, so don't get it twisted.
        Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

• From Twitter - retweeted by Parsons

Attached Files
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            The bama board is posting that a trip is planned in the next day or two for the Family to come check out Alabama.
            BS.

That's just more manure being spread out as slop feed to the posters who pay for 'information' via a subscription service.

Alabama made contact with Marshall a full week ago (through his agent, as was reported), had direct contact with the man after the S16 loss last Thursday, and made (what I believe to be) a desperation sales pitch to him at Marshall's beckoning now a full two days ago. If they are just now planning to make a family visit - and not now, but 'sometime in the next couple of days (LMAO) - then the order of operations and timeline here will be the most whacked out ever seen in a coaching acquisition.

This rumor is nothing more than a for-pay site needing new 'information' in order to sustain the suckling of the tats. They have for days now been reporting stuff that literally no one else in the media is mentioning. It is akin to the relationship between a drug dealer and his addicts.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              BS.

That's just more manure being spread out as slop feed to the posters who pay for 'information' via a subscription service.

Alabama made contact with Marshall a full week ago (through his agent, as was reported), had direct contact with the man after the S16 loss last Thursday, and made (what I believe to be) a desperation sales pitch to him at Marshall's beckoning now a full two days ago. If they are just now planning to make a family visit - and not now, but 'sometime in the next couple of days (LMAO) - then the order of operations and timeline here will be the most whacked out ever seen in a coaching acquisition.

This rumor is nothing more than a for-pay site needing new 'information' in order to sustain the suckling of the tats. They have for days now been reporting stuff that literally no one else in the media is mentioning. It is akin to the relationship between a drug dealer and his addicts.
              I completely agree with you. If Marshall just spent 2 days "convincing the family" to go to Alabama, and they still haven't even visited .. I'd be very surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                From Twitter - retweeted by Parsons

He's just retweeting crap being spewed by that subscription service. The same information I was referencing that literally no one else in the media is reporting.

Oh... and it is Parsons we're talking about.

Comment

He's just retweeting crap being spewed by that subscription service. The same information I was referencing that literally no one else in the media is reporting.

Oh... and it is Parsons we're talking about.

He is the subscription service. He is the founder of and runs 247 sports (and was the founder of rivals.com).

Comment

• Originally posted by ShuckUms View Post
                    He is the subscription service. He is the founder of and runs 247 sports (and was the founder of rivals.com).
                    You are not following along.

Please go away.

And he's not the founder of either Rivals or 247Sports, he simply had an Alabama site that was bought out by Rivals (as is how every Rivals sub site has come into existence).

The first Bama poster that references factual information, and not drastic over statements, will be the first on SN.

Did you guys invent the Internet too?

Comment

• Obviously it can be done but with him making the trip to the Final 4 this weekend I just dont see how a "visit" takes place.

TBH If I'm a coach going to the Final 4 isnt a leisure trip at all. I could see him taking Kellen but not the ladies.

Basically what Im saying is..That seems like alot of trouble for something that was offered over a week ago #quebobbyshmurdadance

Comment

You are not following along.

Please go away.

You seem very angry. You shouldn't be. You guys have a great program, nice city, etc. Not sure why you seem to want to stab puppies.

Comment

• Pretty sure the family has visited Alabama before when WSU played at Bama in Dec of 2013. I don't buy it. The Bama reports are basically stating the opposite of what I'm hearing from my WSU sources.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• If they are claiming the family is the biggest obstacle, then it looks like Bama is just trying to save their behinds here. That way, if he says no, then the AD can go back to the boosters and other prospective coaches and be like, "Look, he wanted to come, but his family didn't want to leave Wichita."
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by ShuckUms View Post
                              You seem very angry. You shouldn't be. You guys have a great program, nice city, etc. Not sure why you seem to want to stab puppies.
                              I'm tired of unwanted visitors plopping themselves down in our SN living room, proceeding to take a steamy poo with a big smile, and then telling us all how good it smells.

Comment

• Originally posted by ;565070
                                Friendly reminder: Grant got fired after 3 decent NIT runs (2011, 2013, 2015) and an NCAA bid (2012). 2012-13 he finished 2nd in the SEC. I would say that 2014 was really the only year where he wasn't at least decent or better. His RPI was outside of the top 100 ONCE, and it was only as bad as 124 in his worst year. He was 66,34,60,124, & 84. If not for getting left out as a stretch of a bubble team in 2013, he would have had 2 NCAA appearances. As we saw this season, an RPI of 60 will get you in if your name is Indiana or UCLA. Just a little perspective.

That's not THAT bad. I am not so sure Grant isn't a very good coach in a school that is hard to do more with.

He shredded the CAA with VCU from 06-09, left VCU with a record of 76-25 and his overall coaching record is STILL 193-110 after a lot of losses with Alabama. As an assistant at Florida, "the Gators were 226–98 (.698) during Grant's 10-year stint in Gainesville."

The turning point in his career was taking the Alabama job, folks.

He coached at Florida during a really good stretch of time for them and he dominated the CAA the entire time he was there. He has two mediocre years at Alabama after starting off pretty strong for a new hire and they fire him. Having said that, I hope SO MUCH that he comes to the MVC.

Don't go Gregg. I will contemplate jumping off a bridge if they do that to your career.
                                Here's another tasty fact:
                                "Grant reached the 2012 NCAA Tournament in his third season. That marked Alabama's first appearance since 2006. However, it was short-lived; the Tide lost to Creighton on a controversial last-second play in the opening round of the tournament"

How awful to have had your season ruined by Creighton. Wasn't this right before CU got obliterated by Duke?

Comment

Working...
                                X