OFFICIAL: #11 WSU vs #10 UNI Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    I'd like someone to tweet this out to Gooblieb and ask him what he thinks of it. And did Fred get away with that move because WSU was playing a weak team that can't defend anybody?
    He'd say Fred wouldn't be able to do that against "scary" Big-12 defenses. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Anyone else notice how classy UNI fans are on their board as opposed to a certain team in red or one which recently left the Valley
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
        Anyone else notice how classy UNI fans are on their board as opposed to a certain team in red or one which recently left the Valley
        I did. Mutual respect between two heavy weights in a welter weight conference.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Anyone else notice how classy UNI fans are on their board as opposed to a certain team in red or one which recently left the Valley
          Unlike Creighton, UNI has actually won two games in the NCAA tournament. They've been there before, whereas Creighton has to constantly deal with the cognitive dissonance that results from delusional fantasies meeting reality.

Comment

big east has them thinking they are something better than they really are. They sound like bitter KU fans, thinking they would be any different in the MVC than they currently are at 13-15. They frankly are a crappy team without Mcdermott and his supporting cast that are gone.

I imagine they will slowly become somewhat decent and mid level in the big east, but never as good as they were here.

Comment

• I have re-watched the game today. It's even more fun when you know how it turned out.

Comment

• This game was so much fun. UNI is a great team, but our guys rose to the occasion. Huge games from nearly everyone. Wessel, Baker, FVV, Bush, and Cotton. Wasn't fully relieved until TC pulled the windmill out of his pocket and closed the door. Wow!
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Congrats on the title Shocker fans. That was a beat down yesterday. I thought we had the game won with momentum about the six minute mark after a 16-2 run, you guys showed extreme mental toughness and closed it out pulling away. Can't wait for a week from now. Lets take care of business Friday and Saturday and let the cards fall on the best of three!

I think you guys pass KU tomorrow which i'm sure will be very, very gratifying for you guys.

Looking forward to running into shocker fans next week at PBR, its my favorite place!

Comment

• Seniors video from yesterday:

Comment

• Did we really not have any recruits in the house yesterday?

Comment

• I do feel bad for UNI in the sense that their best season in history doesn't net them a Valley Championship.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                          I do feel bad for UNI in the sense that their best season in history doesn't net them a Valley Championship.
                          You don't wana go to war with the Shockers...

Comment

I do feel bad for UNI in the sense that their best season in history doesn't net them a Valley Championship.
                            I don't. Marshall proved that they had overtaken Creighton at the top of the league before they left. They proved last year that he could run the table. And they proved yesterday that he can reload and beat teams that have had the stars align in their 5-year cycle.

Somebody is going to have to step up their game, and probably change their methods to do it.

Comment

• The 3 WSU turnovers yesterday were two fumbles by Kelly that should have been layups (and assists for FVV) and a questionable at best illegal screen on Evan Wessel.

Comment

We showed just a couple of years ago that you can have a glorious run without winning a Valley regular season OR tournament title. It would be a beautiful thing to see both UNI and the Shocks go Sweet 16 or better.
                                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X