OFFICIAL: #11 WSU vs #10 UNI Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry if this is repeated:

It happens all the time: One player gets hot and owns the month of March. Last season, it was UConn's Shabazz Napier. So who will do it this season?

There's an innocuous comment regarding Arch Madness but below that a comment on Baker.

Class.

Comment

• Man I'm telling you, fairy tales aren't written this good.

Amazing times.

Comment

• Waiting for the injury report to come out for the Valley Tourney. I'm assuming we'll see this for Northern Iowa...

OUT: Bohannon (Broken Ankles)

Comment

• Originally posted by purrrrrfect View Post
          Congrats to the Shox! I didn't get a chance to watch the 2nd half as my wife gave birth to my son but I got to see the 1st half. So that is my opinion so far without watching The 2nd half. I only assume it was just as bad for UNI. WSU played stellar defense and made the shots when they were open. Kudos to that. Really got the Panthers put of sync offensively and I could only shake my head. Well deserved win for the Shox! I hope everyone had a blast and hope these two can meet up again in the Lou. Let me watch the entire game so I can give a better formed opinion as well. A win is a win tho and WSU is champs. Congrats!!
          Hmm, so no TV in the delivery room?
          Next kid get Direct-TV so you can get ESPN on your phone anywhere.

Just sayin'
          I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
            Tuttle acting like a baby today
            yep..

marshall doesn't allow his players to act out, thank god

Comment

• A little chuckle on this one.

This was a post by 95UNIGRAD at http://www.panthernation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8 (WSU Game Thread, Page 7, Post 227)

LMAO at Vanvleet's fist pumping after every play...didn't think this was their Super Bowl, but maybe it is. That 16 pt. Loss in Cedar Falls must have cut them deep.
              Yep, Fred was pumped:

But he wasn't the only one:

I suppose it is possible that 95UNIGRAD did not realize that this was a big game. Perhaps a slight change to his moniker to 95UNITARD would be in order.

BTW, Mr. 95UNITARD you can watch a full replay of the game on ESPN3 and I think you will find that Fred (Mr. VanVleet to you) actually did not do a fist pump on "every play" as you claim.

LMAO indeed.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 2, 2015, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• At least someone else in that thread had some common sense, replying to 95UNIGRAD:

Or, the conference title is on the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
                  At least someone else in that thread had some common sense, replying to 95UNIGRAD:

Or, the conference title is on the line.
                  All in all I think the Panther fans are a pretty good group, but once I saw the photos in the Eagle I had to take a shot at one of their nimrods. We all have our share I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                    It may have already been shared, but here is a Vine with a GREAT view of this move. Sick. Just sick.

https://vine.co/v/O2QxTWzTLZl
                    This is so cool, you have to see it in slow motion to appreciate it! Fred broke the defender down a couple times in the Evansville game, too, wish I could see those like this too!

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
                      Section 120 really brought it, Hollywood could not have scripted a better ending for TK's final minutes. What an outstanding career for that young man and a superb representative for WSU athletics. Barry Sanders thinks your too humble.
                      Yes, 120 was great. I know I worked my ass off. I was pooped after my 8AM to 3:30 day at the arena, plus standing out in the snow. :D
                      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                        Yes, 120 was great. I know I worked my ass off. I was pooped after my 8AM to 3:30 day at the arena, plus standing out in the snow. :D
                        I too was in Section 120. It got rowdy down there, was fun!

Comment

• This was our best game against a D-1 opponent from an offensive efficiency standpoint by a mile.

55 possession, 74 points, 1.35 points per possession. The only time we've been better this year was against Newman (1.40 points per possession). Doing that against the #10 team in the country (#15 in defensive efficiency) is mind blowing.

We executed our sets really, really close to perfectly Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                            This was our best game against a D-1 opponent from an offensive efficiency standpoint by a mile.

55 possession, 74 points, 1.35 points per possession. The only time we've been better this year was against Newman (1.40 points per possession). Doing that against the #10 team in the country (#15 in defensive efficiency) is mind blowing.

Very true. We also played great pick and roll defense when Tuttle tried to get open, something we did not do in our first meeting.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                              Plus, the ball went through the hole.

I find it so easy to forget that it always ends up coming down to some team just making shots. When you make a lot of your shots, you are hard to beat.

Comment

Working...
                              X