OFFICIAL: #11 WSU vs #10 UNI Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    The 3 WSU turnovers yesterday were two fumbles by Kelly that should have been layups (and assists for FVV) and a questionable at best illegal screen on Evan Wessel.
    This is true, but we also had the shot clock expire with Fred attempting a three after the buzzer sounded (blocked by Washpan). How was that not a TO?
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Blocked shots are not turnovers. That one goes down as a missed shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        This is true, but we also had the shot clock expire with Fred attempting a three after the buzzer sounded (blocked by Washpan). How was that not a TO?
        That went as a blocked shot with a team rebound for UNI.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
          Did we really not have any recruits in the house yesterday?
          If we did that just would mean 4-5 more calls about how to juggle scholarships.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
            If we did that just would mean 4-5 more calls about how to juggle scholarships.
            I was referring to class of 2016. Are kids allowed to visit that early?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
              We showed just a couple of years ago that you can have a glorious run without winning a Valley regular season OR tournament title. It would be a beautiful thing to see both UNI and the Shocks go Sweet 16 or better.
              UNI is good enough to do exactly that. I want them to beat KU AGAIN in the dance and I want WSU to end UK's undefeated season.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                UNI is good enough to do exactly that. I want them to beat KU AGAIN in the dance and I want WSU to end UK's undefeated season.
                Same here, but in addition to UNI beating KU, I want the Shox to beat the #2 B12 team on our wy to our rematch with UK...

TOP two of the Valley beat top two of the B12...
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• What a game, and what a day Saturday was. Started recording everthing starting with Game Day, the game, everthing. Couldn't believe the intensity and the drama of the game and the crowd was electric. Fred, Ron, Tekele, had the game they had to have. Darius was good when he was on the floor, and Evan hitting some clutch shots late in the game when we had to have them...wow. High quality from UNI also, was a game that showcased the top two teams on National tv, you couldn't ask for more. Bush, what a nice suprise, he more than held his own against Tuttle, and Brown with the big 3 to give us the lead back...great game, two in a row, three of the past four...not bad at all. Top ten should be a no brainer. Was really proud of the students, I think they brought there A game. Camping out in "Marshalville", really cool and showed the nation that we indeed are crazy about our Shockers and Coach Marshall...

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                    Unlike Creighton, UNI has actually won two games in the NCAA tournament. They've been there before, whereas Creighton has to constantly deal with the cognitive dissonance that results from delusional fantasies meeting reality.
                    Boom goes the dynamite.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      They double him because he makes 63% of his attempts. He scores 1.4 points per attempt not including FTs. UNI shoots 42% from 3, or 1.3 points per attempt.
                      Attempts include any shot he takes, including layups and offensive rebounds. When he catches the ball back to the basket I contend his % is way lower than that. I've watched them enough this year to know. Besides those four guys he's passing to are going to take way less shots which results in less fluidity to their offense.

Illinois St played him straight up with Lynch and should've beat them in Normal. The Valley just doesn't have much of anybody that could stop him one on one. The wrong matchup in the Dance could make UNI very vulnerable.

You've been drinking the JH4P statistical koolaid.

The way to double him is to wait until he lowers his shoulder 90 degrees to the basket and pick him from behind. To do it with his back to the basket is asking for atomic bombs.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Attempts include any shot he takes, including layups and offensive rebounds. When he catches the ball back to the basket I contend his % is way lower than that. I've watched them enough this year to know. Besides those four guys he's passing to are going to take way less shots which results in less fluidity to their offense.

Illinois St played him straight up with Lynch and should've beat them in Normal.

Well those shots also include when he was double-teamed. The reason UNI is so good is because Tuttle can beat you inside and everyone else can shoot the 3. They're also pretty good defensively.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Senior Day Farewell Video

Comment

• Darius Carter is 38-1 against the Valley.

62-4 overall.

There was probably a UNLV juco or 2 with a better record over 2 seasons...maybe. (90-91 was 34-1 and 91-92 was 26-2 and I don't know if there was a juco transfer senior on that team) Jay Wright was an assistant on that 91-92 team but I digress.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                              I want to point out that the crowd today was that sort of pissed-off Wichita State crowd that I love. There was no settling, no rest, no respite for the Panthers. We were going to destroy them, even if we had to use our voices to do it.

I had been worried that we were getting a little soft, but today proved that the chip is still squarely on our shoulder.
                              Section 120 really brought it, Hollywood could not have scripted a better ending for TK's final minutes. What an outstanding career for that young man and a superb representative for WSU athletics. Barry Sanders thinks your too humble.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Illinois St played him straight up with Lynch and should've beat them in Normal. The Valley just doesn't have much of anybody that could stop him one on one. The wrong matchup in the Dance could make UNI very vulnerable.

The way to double him is to wait until he lowers his shoulder 90 degrees to the basket and pick him from behind. To do it with his back to the basket is asking for atomic bombs.
                                He dips his head downward and is looking at the floor, when he is about to start a dribble move. It is most always to his left with a right hand dribble. Once he starts the dribble, he seldom stops or thinks better of it.
                                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X