ESPN Gameday on Feb. 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    I would estimate that if only students show up, there will only be 2000 at Koch Arena. I hope that I'm wrong but I don't have the faith. That would be truly sorry.
    Yeah, I'd hope for more than that but you're right that they can't do it alone on this. Even if they were impeccably organized there just isn't a huge enough pool to draw from.

Everyone from the Dave Stallworth faithful to high school kids need to do their part and be there for this.

Comment

• Because it's a FREE event...you would think it would be pretty dang full. Perhaps a lot of people (high school kids, etc) who have never been to Koch Arena will fill that place up!!!

I remember oh maybe 10 years ago the San Diego Chargers had to move their Monday Night football game to Phoenix due to fires all over SoCal. The game was FREE. 70,000 people showed up for it.
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• The corporate types and those who are used to premium parking and Champions Club hospitality will not show up for Game Day in any significant numbers. Same reason we only draw 4k to 5k for Shocker Madness.

That is what I am expecting for this event. The Shocker Madness Crowd.

We could do a little better than the recent Shocker Madness crowds since this is probably being hyped to a greater degree plus it will be on a Saturday morning and not a weekday night.

I'm thinking 6k to 7k tops would be a max effort for Shocker Nation. More likely it will be a 4k to 5k Shocker Madness hardcore crowd. Or may even the 3k to 4k we have had in welcoming back the Shocks from NCAA games.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          The corporate types and those who are used to premium parking and Champions Club hospitality will not show up for Game Day in any significant numbers. Same reason we only draw 4k to 5k for Shocker Madness.

That is what I am expecting for this event. The Shocker Madness Crowd.

We could do a little better than the recent Shocker Madness crowds since this is probably being hyped to a greater degree plus it will be on a Saturday morning and not a weekday night.

I'm thinking 6k to 7k tops would be a max effort for Shocker Nation. More likely it will be a 4k to 5k Shocker Madness hardcore crowd. Or may even the 3k to 4k we have had in welcoming back the Shocks from NCAA games.
          6-7k sounds right. The 5k from Shocker Madness plus a thousand plus students who don't show up to Shocker Madness.

Comment

• Don't discount the "fringe" people that will show up just because it's free and it's gameday.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
              Don't discount the "fringe" people that will show up just because it's free and it's gameday.
              Clearly there's high demand for the game. That's why tickets are $200 and up. So there's a LOT of people (myself included - hit me up if you have an extra) that would love to go, but can't afford a ticket. Gameday is for them and I expect a good crowd.

Comment

• I have to work in tulsa Saturday but am going to encourage all my 20 something relatives to show up and
                bring their friends.we want10 k at the roundhouse for gameday.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1wsualum View Post
                  I have to work in tulsa Saturday but am going to encourage all my 20 something relatives to show up and
                  bring their friends.we want10 k at the roundhouse for gameday.
                  Now that's a first post!

Comment

• Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
                    Probably more on the lines of the attendence when welcoming the team back after NCAA tourney/ end season 4-5k is my guess.
                    That sounds a little bit better than my guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                      Don't discount the "fringe" people that will show up just because it's free and it's gameday.
                      don't underestimate the national tv camera factor either.

Comment

• First time and probably the last time for this to happen.

Comment

• On ESPNU during the game today the announcer was talking about it for a second and our guy Mark Adams said quite matter of factly that the place will be FULL...like he has absolutely NO DOUBT Shocker fans will fill that place up.
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• To make this thing look as good as possible all they have to do is take a line from from half court and put the covers on the upper half seats like they do at Volleyball games and leave the end behind the ESPN stage open. This way it forces people to sit lower and more behind the stage. If more people show up you can remove the covers from the seats a section at a time as needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              To make this thing look as good as possible all they have to do is take a line from from half court and put the covers on the upper half seats like they do at Volleyball games and leave the end behind the ESPN stage open. This way it forces people to sit lower and more behind the stage. If more people show up you can remove the covers from the seats a section at a time as needed.
                              Yes. I'm hopin for 3-4000. Not 10000.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                                On ESPNU during the game today the announcer was talking about it for a second and our guy Mark Adams said quite matter of factly that the place will be FULL...like he has absolutely NO DOUBT Shocker fans will fill that place up.
                                That's a horrible thing to say! ;-) Couldn't resist in light of the current conversation in another thread topic. I love lamp but like Mark Adams.
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X