ESPN Gameday on Feb. 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
    On ESPNU during the game today the announcer was talking about it for a second and our guy Mark Adams said quite matter of factly that the place will be FULL...like he has absolutely NO DOUBT Shocker fans will fill that place up.

Good thing Mark has never made ridiculously exaggerated statements with confidence in the past.

Comment

• What is the roll call for the above 25-year-olds that are going or not going?

I am 34, I will be in attendance. Think it will be fun to get an early start on the day, eat in between, see the set. Anyone specifically planning on going or not that is older?

Comment

• 32 and my kids have games that day so I won't be there.

Comment

• 38 and me and my wife will be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
            On ESPNU during the game today the announcer was talking about it for a second and our guy Mark Adams said quite matter of factly that the place will be FULL...like he has absolutely NO DOUBT Shocker fans will fill that place up.
            It is insane to think that there will be 10,506 people in there for Gameday. It's even worse to advertise it on national television.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
              What is the roll call for the above 25-year-olds that are going or not going?

I am 34, I will be in attendance. Think it will be fun to get an early start on the day, eat in between, see the set. Anyone specifically planning on going or not that is older?
              I'm 51 so I should get credit twice right? Wouldn't miss it for the world. Frank the Tank lives in all of us.

Comment

• I'm 95 and will be there with my wife (25).

Comment

• Wishing I was close enough and had the time to attend, as I can not understand how anyone in the area would miss out.

Have a game in Tenn and its a 6 hour drive so will legitimately will be busy. If I didn't have a contractual obligation, would seriously consider hopping a plane and heading out for this. To me, its that big of a deal for the school, program and the city.

Anything less than 7-8K in the building will be disappointing. Imagine the howling from you know who if only 3-4K show up and later that day that have 10-12K in their hole?

That is all.
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                    It is insane to think that there will be 10,506 people in there for Gameday. It's even worse to advertise it on national television.
                    Advertise? LOL

I'll just say that people on here say that they want WSU to be considered a National program. If one wants to be respected as a national program, the supporters better show up when they get the opportunity. It will mean that all who can get out of their bed, do it.
                    Last edited by shockmonster; February 22, 2015, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                      What is the roll call for the above 25-year-olds that are going or not going?

I, 27, and my 27 year old friend will be attending.

Comment

• This is a ONCE in a lifetime opportunity that ESPN is giving us. I think some fail to realize how big of a deal this is. It is free and it's gonna be a fun, fun, fun thing to be a part of. I cannot imagine how anyone aged 18-30 who has at least some interest in the program not attending this minus a life-threatening emergency. It SHOULD be pretty large, no not 10,500 large, but large turnout. This will never happen again is the attitude you have to think. The biggest talking heads in the game will be there. Let's not disappoint them. We have a lot of people talking up how good the support is here and how special Koch is. It would be a shame to leave them disappointed. I expect 7-8k on a beautiful Saturday morning. Spread the word. And WSU better spread the word too. ORGANIZE.
                        Last edited by ShockerFever; February 22, 2015, 10:41 PM.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I think that most of our watch party will be there, and most of us are 60+! How could we miss this chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            This is a ONCE in a lifetime opportunity that ESPN is giving us. I think some fail to realize how big of a deal this is. It is free and it's gonna be a fun, fun, fun thing to be a part of. I cannot imagine how anyone aged 18-30 who has at least some interest in the program not attending this minus a life-threatening emergency. It SHOULD be pretty large, no not 10,500 large, but large. This will never happen again is the attitude you have to think. The biggest talking heads in the game will be there. Let's not disappoint them. We have a lot of people talking up how good the support is here and how special Koch is. It would be a shame to leave them disappointed. I expect 7-8k on a beautiful Saturday morning. Spread the word. And WSU better spread the word too. ORGANIZE.
                            Vice President Biden has chimed in and let his boss know it too!

Comment

• I still firmly believe we'll fill it up. Maybe not exactly 10,506 butts in seats, but enough to look like your typical sold out game. Marshall has said that he expects it to be full, so with him leaving that message out there, hopefully it encourages people to show up as well.

Comment

• It should be full. This is the first time ever that Game Day has come here and it may be the only time. This is a HUGE event. Any Shocker fan within 50 miles of Wichita should be there. I will be very disappointed if there aren't at least 7000 people there and mildly disappointed if there isn't around 10000 there. IT is FREE PEOPLE! Everyone needs to show up and show their support for the Shockers. No excuses.

Comment

Working...
                                X