ESPN Gameday on Feb. 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    The corporate types and those who are used to premium parking and Champions Club hospitality will not show up for Game Day in any significant numbers. Same reason we only draw 4k to 5k for Shocker Madness.

That is what I am expecting for this event. The Shocker Madness Crowd.

We could do a little better than the recent Shocker Madness crowds since this is probably being hyped to a greater degree plus it will be on a Saturday morning and not a weekday night.

I'm thinking 6k to 7k tops would be a max effort for Shocker Nation. More likely it will be a 4k to 5k Shocker Madness hardcore crowd. Or may even the 3k to 4k we have had in welcoming back the Shocks from NCAA games.
    I remember the early 80s when we used to fill the roundhouse for the equivlent of today's Shocker Madness. For every corporate type that won't be there, there should be some strong Shocker fan who doesn't have a ticket to this game to take their place. Much like a NIT game only free.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
      Wishing I was close enough and had the time to attend, as I can not understand how anyone in the area would miss out.

Have a game in Tenn and its a 6 hour drive so will legitimately will be busy. If I didn't have a contractual obligation, would seriously consider hopping a plane and heading out for this. To me, its that big of a deal for the school, program and the city.

Anything less than 7-8K in the building will be disappointing. Imagine the howling from you know who if only 3-4K show up and later that day that have 10-12K in their hole?

That is all.
      Totally off the subject, Ref, but have you done any of Motlow's games this year?

Comment

• Maybe Shocker Hall and Fairmount Towers should have a "fire drill" on Saturday.

As party of the "safety measures" they must evacuate into the Chuck.
        The Assman

Comment

• I will be there with wife and who ever else I can get, like its been said, to be viewed as a big time program, as we know we are. We have to show the college basketball world we are, and what better way than on College Game Day.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
            I will be there with wife and who ever else I can get, like its been said, to be viewed as a big time program, as we know we are. We have to show the college basketball world we are, and what better way than on College Game Day.....
            I also hope it's full for Game Day, but "what better way?" Several hours later one of the 12 best teams in the country will be playing one of the other 12 best teams in the country. There won't be an open seat available during the game. Koch will be loud and rowdy.

Game Day will be able to use fancy camera tricks to make Koch look full even if we only have 3k show up. "Big Time Programs" don't all fill the arena for game day. They all do for the game, though. If there are empty seats for Game Day it doesn't mean we aren't a big time program.

Comment

• I predict that we get 4-5K and this board starts throwing insults at the rest of the fan base for the umpteenth time season. Even getting the arena half full is totally respectable. You guys really need to step away from the crack pipe. This forum is becoming unreadable because of all of the sunshine pumpers.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Totally off the subject, Ref, but have you done any of Motlow's games this year?
                Lax,
                Motlow is a JuCo in Tenn and a long way for me to go work for $120.00. I'm going on Saturday to work a D-2 game and the compensation is much more in line with the amount of travel involved.
                However, one of my partners on Saturday is from the area and works JuCo ball there. I'm sure he has had Motlow and will ask if he has seen the player mentioned in the recruiting forum.

That is all.
                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Not to rain (or snow) on anyone's parade, but this could have an effect.

This is 5 days out, but Weather.com is now saying about 1 inch of snow Friday high 29 / low 20, 70% chance of snow / 3-5 inches on Saturday high 36 with lighter snow continuing through Sunday.

Anyone know how WSU is handling the parking? Are they allowing anyone to park anywhere for GameDay, then planning on clearing the lots for the game? That would be a real mess with snow and trying to keep the lots cleared as well.

Comment

• My dad (who has a reserved parking spot) said he heard they will be handling parking like games with monitoring the reserved spots starting in the morning. Needless to say we will be cramming as many people into his car as we can to get there! :)

Comment

• Parking will be just like games. If you have a numbered pass, you can park in your spot. Wherever you normally park for the game, park there. They will be monitoring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                        I predict that we get 4-5K and this board starts throwing insults at the rest of the fan base for the umpteenth time season. Even getting the arena half full is totally respectable. You guys really need to step away from the crack pipe. This forum is becoming unreadable because of all of the sunshine pumpers.
                        I like you as a poster so I hate picking you apart for this. But you're more than satisfied for a smallish turnout for Gameday, but threw a fit that they are going to Lawrence after they are done here? I think Gameday coming here at all is totally respectable and totally cool.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          I like you as a poster so I hate picking you apart for this. But you're more than satisfied for a smallish turnout for Gameday, but threw a fit that they are going to Lawrence after they are done here? I think Gameday coming here at all is totally respectable and totally cool.
                          Yup, and I think that's in line with my attitude and everything else that I said. The game is the main event and should be rockin'. The show is great and all, but it is still just a sideshow and isn't nearly as big as the game itself. Which is why I was pissed that they aren't sticking around for the game. Although since then we've heard that Seth Greenburg is staying, which is cool.

Comment

• I'm 38, live two hours away and plan on being there along with my 11 year old son!!!! We wouldn't miss it, wish I had tickets to the game but being there for this event will be awesome. Going to have to haul ass home after the show so I don't miss a second of the game.
                            THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

• Originally posted by jazztrane View Post
                              My dad (who has a reserved parking spot) said he heard they will be handling parking like games with monitoring the reserved spots starting in the morning. Needless to say we will be cramming as many people into his car as we can to get there! :)
                              The extra weight should help give you more traction on the snow.

Comment

• I'm busy as heck and can't keep up with all the activity on here lately .... can someone post a link to a schedule of events, or spell it out for me if no such link exists?
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X