ESPN Gameday on Feb. 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
    How does that make me sensitive? That doesn't even make sense. This place is getting a little too weird for my tastes. Have fun sucking each other off. I'm out.
    Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

How does that make me sensitive? That doesn't even make sense. This place is getting a little too weird for my tastes. Have fun sucking each other off. I'm out.

Comment

Someone needs some....therapy...! ;)
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• lol @Shock Therapy for hating on the "sunshine pumpers" as opposed to melting down like he did saying that we're far, far worse than our rank, KenPom and RPI following an ugly road win (and claiming there are serious things wrong with this team) based on nothing more than his own eye test. Not doom and gloom though because he says he's just being a realist, so there.

Talking about how much we suck is so much more fun than praising our victories, amirite?

Comment

Not doom and gloom. Just realistic. And we have to balance it out somehow. Some of you just sound like a bunch of giggly teenage girls. And you're so sensitive too. Especially when you go after someone that is even the slightest bit negative.
            I can't remember who said they liked your posts usually, but I agree with him/her. You are usually pretty level headed and I agree with most things you say, but you're off on this one. Have you ever read other message boards for other teams? This is one of the more level headed message boards I have ever read. I have ties to Nebraska and Oklahoma State through some college things... boy their boards are WAY worse than this.

You are the one being overly sensitive, and you were off on the gameday thing from the get go .

Comment

Uh wow. WTF happened?

You just completed a pretty crazy posting cycle that magically winded up with the very same thing you were complaining about 2 posts ago.

I haven't seen self-destruction happen at that rate of speed in quite some time. It would be a shame to see you go, especially for something as petty as this.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO BE YELLING ABOUT BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!

The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  I'm 95 and will be there with my wife (25).
                  If you have that kind of money why aren't you bringing back Shocker Football?

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                    lol @Shock Therapy for hating on the "sunshine pumpers" as opposed to melting down like he did saying that we're far, far worse than our rank, KenPom and RPI following an ugly road win (and claiming there are serious things wrong with this team) based on nothing more than his own eye test. Not doom and gloom though because he says he's just being a realist, so there.

Talking about how much we suck is so much more fun than praising our victories, amirite?
                    Oh he was the "realist" from that thread, huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Uh wow. WTF happened?

You just completed a pretty crazy posting cycle that magically winded up with the very same thing you were complaining about 2 posts ago.

I haven't seen self-destruction happen at that rate of speed in quite some time. It would be a shame to see you go, especially for something as petty as this.
                      The posts by ST was like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Comment

• What I am really hoping for is that I show up around 8:45 Saturday morning at Koch Arena and the doors are locked by order of the Fire Marshall. I don't really think that is going to happen but that would be great and would not irritate me in the least bit.

As of this point, however, I think the most important thing that needs to happen is that both the Shocks and the Panthers take care of business on Wednesday. If both teams win on Wednesday we are looking at a biggest game of the year (so far) between two highly ranked (possibly both in the Top 10) teams for a Championship (although I guess the rankings are pretty much set for this week).

If either one or both lose on Wednesday I think that would definitely take some of the shine off of the UNI game and GameDay festivities. I don't want the Shocks to be playing for a Co-Championship on Friday. Neither team really wants a loss in the mix this week with the GameDay spotlight shining on them on Saturday.

UNI has the easier road on Wednesday hosting Evansville. I simply do not see a 2-man team like Evansville knocking off Northern Iowa on UNI's home court. The Shocks on the other hand could get a big challenge from Indiana State on the road.

Once the game gets here on Saturday it would be very disappointing to send Tekele and Darius off to post-season play with a loss on Senior Night. That just must not happen (although it easily could).

On top of GameDay, a Heavyweight Championship Game and Senior Night there are other things of importance going on this weekend in Shocker Sports:

1. The Lady Shocks WBB team hosts Drake on Friday night. Both teams are 13-1 in the Valley and this game could very well determine the regular season Champion, although both teams have 3 conference games remaining after Friday.

2. Sunday will be Senior Day for Alex Harden, Kelsey Jacobs and Jamillah Bonner as the Shocker WBB team hosts the 3rd place UNI women. Alex Harden is probably the best all-around women's basketball player in the history of the program. All 3 of these Ladies deserve a grand send off.

3. The MVC Indoor Track and Field Championships will be held at Northern Iowa on Saturday and Sunday and I think both the Shocker men and women are expected to be in contention for titles.

4. The Shocker baseball team will be playing the Dirt Bags in a series at Long Beach State.

This has the potential to be a great, great weekend for the Shockers and their fans. Let's hope Shocker Nation will be enjoying and basking in the Thrill of Victory come Sunday evening.

Only one thing left to say: :poster_shocks:

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          The posts by ST was like watching a train wreck in slow motion.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                            If you are in a Greek organization at WSU and attendance this Saturday morning is anything but mandatory, I mean this in all sincerity: close your chapter and write a heartfelt apology to Gregg Marshall. This is the biggest event that will ever take place on campus during your time as a student and it is not even close. At all.

The students really need to bring it. I would have killed to have this kind of opportunity when I was an undergrad at WSU- do not waste it, do not party too hard the night before. Be there and bring every friend you have.
                            Agree completely! It'll be the easiest way to have a small group organized ahead of time and then others can pick up from there.

On a side note, I think the only way the student section will be awesome during games is if a fraternity and/or sorority decide to take it upon themselves to get their members to the games and do stuff. Maybe run things by the AD first to make sure they don't do anything obscene. Not sure what the Greek culture is like though around campus these days and if the frats get along or not. If not, I could see one trying to keep any that take the lead from being successful.

If they won't do it, then maybe do like the ASU students did a couple years ago and start a club and get things organized that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fozzy View Post
                              If they won't do it, then maybe do like the ASU students did a couple years ago and start a club and get things organized that way.
                              You mean like this one?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                Yup! Nice - didn't even know that club even existed. Do they have a t-shirt with Shocker Maniacs on it that they wear or just various shirts like in the photo? Seems like they could organize and do cheers and stuff, hopefully people aren't just signing up for the freebies and app and ignoring the fan aspect at games.

Comment

Working...
                                X