ESPN Gameday on Feb. 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fozzy View Post
    Yup! Nice - didn't even know that club even existed. Do they have a t-shirt with Shocker Maniacs on it that they wear or just various shirts like in the photo? Seems like they could organize and do cheers and stuff, hopefully people aren't just signing up for the freebies and app and ignoring the fan aspect at games.
    Reply, I think Shocker Maniacs has been around for a few years but was just made the "Official Shocker Student Fan Club". Not sure how really organized it is at this point. I think it has primarily been a rewards program that tries to encourage student attendance at Shocker athletic events.

Maybe it will get more organized going forward since it is now "official" although who knows.

Comment

• Here is an article about Shocker Maniacs from 2008.

Junior Zach Mastroly, an accounting major, is a leader on campus and a maniac for Shocker athletics.

So it has been around awhile. Long enough that if it was going to get organized it would have by now. Whether or not the Athletic Department adopting it as "Official" will make any difference I don't know. That could be like title a new thread on Shockernet "The Official Game Thread".

Comment

• I'm gonna keep bumping this when it falls too low ... WAY important information on here!

Question: To get your pic posted on the scoreboard, all you have to do is tweet it to #WATCHUS early in the game, right?
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          I'm gonna keep bumping this when it falls too low ... WAY important information on here!

Question: To get your pic posted on the scoreboard, all you have to do is tweet it to #WATCHUS early in the game, right?
          A tweet with #WATCHUS is what is needed to get a photo on the scoreboard (although keep in mind that it is a curated process, so not everything that is submitted makes it to the board).
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Does anyone know how a student gets chosen for the half court shot?
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I understood correctly from last nights post-game show that students who attend the WBB game vs Drake on Friday night will get priority seating for GameDay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                So you are saying during the 50th anniversary he got to meet THE BEST player to ever wear a Shocker uniform, Dave Stallworth? And now to top it off, this weekend he will get to meet THE BEST player to ever wear a Shocker uniform, Antoine Carr? :)
                @EnthusiAdams: I get to be a part of one of the most historic matchups in Valley history. I am the Forest Gump of college hoops and what an honor it is!
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  I understood correctly from last nights post-game show that students who attend the WBB game vs Drake on Friday night will get priority seating for GameDay.
                  Now we're talking

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                    Does anyone know how a student gets chosen for the half court shot?
                    There is a really pretty blonde lady who is in charge of picking who shoots. Yell at her you want to shoot the half court shot really loudly during the commercial breaks. You will probably get picked. Also, they give away free State Farm stuff such as hats and banners. WEAR THOSE THINGS. Be decked out in State Farm stuff as much as possible, yell at the blonde lady you want to shoot the shot (literally constantly during the breaks) and be in one of the first 2-3 rows.

I am not joking. This is how you get picked....trust me I know from personal experience.
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• ESPN College GameDay bus will be in Wichita Thursday

I hear they will have free food.

ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                        There is a really pretty blonde lady who is in charge of picking who shoots. Yell at her you want to shoot the half court shot really loudly during the commercial breaks. You will probably get picked. Also, they give away free State Farm stuff such as hats and banners. WEAR THOSE THINGS. Be decked out in State Farm stuff as much as possible, yell at the blonde lady you want to shoot the shot (literally constantly during the breaks) and be in one of the first 2-3 rows.

I am not joking. This is how you get picked....trust me I know from personal experience.
                        I've seen posts on social media by Shocker Maniacs saying stuff like "Why should we choose you to shoot for $18,000? Tell us why." And people have just be commenting or responding to that. I'm not sure if they actually have the final say, but that might be worth a shot too.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                          I've seen posts on social media by Shocker Maniacs saying stuff like "Why should we choose you to shoot for $18,000? Tell us why." And people have just be commenting or responding to that. I'm not sure if they actually have the final say, but that might be worth a shot too.
                          Hmmm, i haven't seen anything official from Gameday twitter or who else that Shocker Maniacs was picking.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                            Hmmm, i haven't seen anything official from Gameday twitter or who else that Shocker Maniacs was picking.
                            Yeah me either. I'm really not sure if they actually get to pick or not. They are making it sound like they are... Unless they're being the voice to our students for gameday??

EDIT: Let's see if this link works...
                            Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                              ESPN College GameDay bus will be in Wichita Thursday

I hear they will have free food.

http://ksn.com/2015/02/25/espn-colle...hita-thursday/
                              Free T-shirts and Chick-fil-A sandwiches while they last.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

• nm
                                Last edited by Kung Wu; February 27, 2015, 10:13 AM.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X