Arch Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pogo View Post
    Your not claustrophobic are you? The capsules get a little close for some people.
    No, but my son and I do have some degree of fear of heights, so that should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
      Walk up is fine.
      All the way to the top? I don't think I could make it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        All the way to the top? I don't think I could make it.
        Its mostly inside except for the last couple of hundred feet.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          Its mostly inside except for the last couple of hundred feet.
          Oh, okay, then that's different.

Comment

Got the tickets! Very excited!

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
              First time we went I did this, (Doug McD's freshman year) and these were our seats: [ATTACH=CONFIG]2243[/ATTACH]

Damn, you were in the scum flop zone!
              For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
              - said no one ever...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
                When I was in St Louis last summer, I walked up and was immediately able to buy a ticket for the next time. I don't know if it would be any busier than normal during Arch Madness though.
                I went to the Arch, during the tournament. I had a very short wait time.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Got my tickets today. Four of us will be in Section 123, Row A! We will be expecting a repeat, after many years of disappointment. Three of us were at the infamous 1.9 second game, and had a perfect view of the Booker Woodfox shot . .
                  Ouch, that one still smarts.

Comment

Section 123, Row . . . . W. Ugh. Oh, well, at least they are aisle seats.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      Section 123, Row . . . . W. Ugh. Oh, well, at least they are aisle seats.
                      We're in Sec. 124 Row AA. So right next to you.

Comment

So Mrs. RR told me this morning that she wants to go back again this year and take 3 kids too. Suggestions for hotels?

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                          So Mrs. RR told me this morning that she wants to go back again this year and take 3 kids too. Suggestions for hotels?
                          I am pretty sure that the conventional, downtown hotels are booked.

One of the posters suggested apartment rental not too long ago. He gave a link for a management company website. I browsed the site and it looked very interesting. You might consider the idea.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Call hotels directly. Let them know you are in STL for the MVC tourney. Otherwise, rooms blocked out for MVC visitors will not show as available.

Comment

Arch Madness phone app. Not sure its worth until St. Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
                                Hotel at Union Station. The convenience is worth a few extra bucks!
                                I have to disagree. While the hotel itself is nice, the mall is terrible. It is convenient to the train and to walk to the arena but is far from all the other downtown attractions. I would stay east of the arena.
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X