No announcement yet.

Arch Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitely wanted IlSU to win. If it's not WSU winning Arch, then might as we'll get 3 MoVal teams in the tournament.
    P5 uses critical mass to get to FFs. Need to get more MoVal teams in too (not at WSU's expense though).

Comment

• woohooooo Thanks to UNI for saving the league some face this afternoon.

Welp. The NCAA drought continues for the Turds. This kinda makes it sweeter that they choked away a 14 point halftime lead and gave their douchebag fans false hope.

They were ready to name Dan Muller a court yesterday. I bet he's on the hot seat today. LOL.

Suck it Turds. Enjoy another CBI run.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Looking at Illinois State's resume, it really had potential. 70s SOS with non-conference SOS in top 75, I think. They had three bad losses though, getting swept by Indiana State and losing at SIU. Get two of those losses back and they would have at least been on bubble talk.

It's just as well. With the 10-day break, they probably would have cooled off and played like crap in NCAAs. It would be like having an ugly date for prom. Yeah, you go, but you'll just get laughed out of the building.
        78-65

Comment

• I know there are strategic reasons why a win by ISUr would be good for the MVC, but there is just no way I could ever root for them. Hate them, hate their coach, and hated their drunk obnoxious fans at my hotel last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
            I know there are strategic reasons why a win by ISUr would be good for the MVC, but there is just no way I could ever root for them. Hate them, hate their coach, and hated their drunk obnoxious fans at my hotel last night.
            Mama,
            I'm with ya.

I used to enjoy meeting and hanging out with IlSU fans. Most were knowledgeable, respectful and a helluva lot more educated than ISU or MSU fans.
            However, that has all changed.

I had more drunk IlSU fans yelling **** at us, pounding their chest and generally acting like drunk Creighton fans at any time in my 17 years of STL experiences.

Don't know if it is a reflection of their coach or some have just now crawled out from underneath a rock.

We left this morning to drive back but almost stayed, just to join in and taunt them with an "NIT" chant after UNI blew their socks off.

More from STL later. But for now...

That is all.
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
              Just rolled in. One last really great story. As we were leaving Union Station hotel this morning there was an ISUr fan asking Shocker folk if they had tix for sale. I told my wife, "Watch this." I walked to a UNI fan and asked him if he had good seats. He said not really, so I handed him free of charge my fifth row tickets right in front of the ISU guy. Yeah, I'm a *****.
              Love it!

Comment

• I had two interactions with ISUr fans, both initiated by me (one at the hotel breakfast prior to our game with them, one after on the way back to the hotel). Both were positive. Of course, I generally only approach people who appear reasonable. We didn't observe any non-classy behavior during our stay.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                  Just rolled in. One last really great story. As we were leaving Union Station hotel this morning there was an ISUr fan asking Shocker folk if they had tix for sale. I told my wife, "Watch this." I walked to a UNI fan and asked him if he had good seats. He said not really, so I handed him free of charge my fifth row tickets right in front of the ISU guy. Yeah, I'm a *****.
                  So, you and Tuttle's granny bonded did you? Once you go gray, you will stay.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    I had two interactions with ISUr fans, both initiated by me (one at the hotel breakfast prior to our game with them, one after on the way back to the hotel). Both were positive. Of course, I generally only approach people who appear reasonable. We didn't observe any non-classy behavior during our stay.
                    The narrative is that all ISUr fans are jerks. Please stop with the propaganda trying to convince this board otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                      The narrative is that all ISUr fans are jerks. Please stop with the propaganda trying to convince this board otherwise.
                      The narrative is that you are obnoxious. Please stop with....wait, never mind. Carry on.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                        The narrative is that you are obnoxious. Please stop with....wait, never mind. Carry on.
                        + infinity

That tool is more annoying than Redturd fans. And that's saying something.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                        X