No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to bump the (semi) happy Frankamp thread!

Yay Conner! We are here to support you! :)
    The Assman

Comment

• Question here: If Conner is in the program next year and already knowing that he wouldn't be eligible until mid-to-late Dec next year......how much more time would he miss due to suspensions and such???? Are we looking at him possibly not even playing until the 2016/2017 season should he still be at Wichita St.??? Is there any word on all that yet? Or is everything still in limbo??? Thanks in advance.
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I don't even think CF will miss any time. I don't condone anything. I just look at it like this.... It happened in January immediately after he left another school. Normally kids don't transfer when he did. Also he is not receiving a scholarship NEXT year. I understand that his higher profile makes it seem different, but if you compare apples to apples, it's like we're talking about planning to suspend Zach Bush or something.

You've got a late transfer who came back to his home city to walk on next season and try to see if he can earn a scholarship for two years from now (not even next year) who drank with friends and got a DUI.

It's bad on its own, but I feel like if you do this in the off season and you are actually a part of the team who will be playing, it makes sense to have a suspension. In this case, he might not even earn playing time to begin with. I don't know why you would need to plan his suspension when you look at it that way. He may not even make the team, so to speak.

I do believe he will but how do you sort out a suspension if it's a guy who isn't even a lock to play in his first eligible games?

Comment

• Let's hope that if he is at a watch party today that they have the booze locked up.
          An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• All good points DJ06Shocker. I didn't realize he wasn't going to be a scholarship player next year. Perhaps that will help his cause in gaining back his trustworthiness and such going into the following season(s).
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

#3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

#2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
              Let's hope that if he is at a watch party today that they have the booze locked up.
              Douchebag, in the house!
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                Let's hope that if he is at a watch party today that they have the booze locked up.
                You're officially obsessed.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Just don't want the young man to be tempted by the demon rum and get into any more trouble than he is already in.
                  An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                    I don't even think CF will miss any time. I don't condone anything. I just look at it like this.... It happened in January immediately after he left another school. Normally kids don't transfer when he did. Also he is not receiving a scholarship NEXT year. I understand that his higher profile makes it seem different, but if you compare apples to apples, it's like we're talking about planning to suspend Zach Bush or something.

You've got a late transfer who came back to his home city to walk on next season and try to see if he can earn a scholarship for two years from now (not even next year) who drank with friends and got a DUI.

It's bad on its own, but I feel like if you do this in the off season and you are actually a part of the team who will be playing, it makes sense to have a suspension. In this case, he might not even earn playing time to begin with. I don't know why you would need to plan his suspension when you look at it that way. He may not even make the team, so to speak.

I do believe he will but how do you sort out a suspension if it's a guy who isn't even a lock to play in his first eligible games?
                    I probably just missed it, but the last I knew, CF was not getting a scholarship for this spring semester. I was under the impression that next fall (he's still not eligible) had not been decided or announced nor had the spring semester when he is eligible. Can anyone lead me to confirmations yes or no.

By the way, I'm not sure a walk-on would even survive being in the program if this happen to him. I'm also very big on a newbie, freshman or transfer, making a very good first impression. He has had no time to build a quality reputation and trust with his teammates, coaches, and fans. As I said before, CF flushed that important good first impression down the crapper. Terrible timing.

Comment

• I think that even though he is a walk on, he's considered a part of the Shocker family.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        I probably just missed it, but the last I knew, CF was not getting a scholarship for this spring semester. I was under the impression that next fall (he's still not eligible) had not been decided or announced nor had the spring semester when he is eligible. Can anyone lead me to confirmations yes or no.
                        I think your right. No scholarship this year. Next year undecided. However, scholarships are award on an annual basis I believe and not on a semester to semester basis. So if he I not on scholarship next fall he will not be on scholarship next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                          Are you telling this learned audience that Connor Frankamp made that throw down?
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• There were media comments about the Shox not needing the distraction of CF's DUI. Not my words, so don't jump on me for repeating what's been reported. Shox have played 2 less-than-stellar games in a row since the alleged distraction. That after being on one of the best rolls of the season.

Maybe the normal ups and downs of a season were about to turn from up to down any way, but the effect of an alleged distraction might be involved.

If CF gets little or no suspension because he's not eligible for a year any way, that would send a really bad message to the rest of the team and set a really bad precedent.

I was of the impression that CF's schollie for next year was "undecided", but I was leaning heavily toward unlikely. I think CF resolved that issue big time.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              There were media comments about the Shox not needing the distraction of CF's DUI. Not my words, so don't jump on me for repeating what's been reported. Shox have played 2 less-than-stellar games in a row since the alleged distraction. That after being on one of the best rolls of the season.

Maybe the normal ups and downs of a season were about to turn from up to down any way, but the effect of an alleged distraction might be involved.

If CF gets little or no suspension because he's not eligible for a year any way, that would send a really bad message to the rest of the team and set a really bad precedent.

I was of the impression that CF's schollie for next year was "undecided", but I was leaning heavily toward unlikely. I think CF resolved that issue big time.
                              I'm going to agree with you on everything you said here. Two of the WORST performances in a row we've seen the last couple/few years coming on the heels of the "screw-up". Coincidence????? No one wants to say it...but my "Shocker" group out here a million miles away from Koch Arena does not see how coach keeps him. Sorry to say.... :(
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

#3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

#2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                There were media comments about the Shox not needing the distraction of CF's DUI. Not my words, so don't jump on me for repeating what's been reported. Shox have played 2 less-than-stellar games in a row since the alleged distraction. That after being on one of the best rolls of the season.

1. Please list the media source. I haven't seen it and would like to read it.
                                2. No one knows the consequences because it's being handled internally.
                                3. No one knows about the scholarships for next year. I do visit other fan boards and it seems to me that more Shocker fans obsess about scholarships than other fan groups and many fine programs are over their limits. Just an observation.
                                4. It's a reach to blame our poor play for 2 games on an outside distraction. Why did our play slip in December?

Comment

Working...
                                X