Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    Can I just say that I'm so very proud of this thread? It has graduated to a new level. This thread has the kind of stuff that could really go toe-to-toe with EO's thread. We are using it to bag on Creighton, we have used it to bag on KU, and we will be able to use it for it's actual purpose, which is follow Frankamp. It's gonna be around a while. Getting off topic and still going strong is an indicator of a thread with staying power.
    So many ideas, so little time...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
      Well, Seminole, give McDermott credit for building well enough at UNI to merit interest from Iowa State (as well as smart enough to do an Oliver Purnell style move to Creighton before he was given the boot by the Cyclones). Unfortunately for him, after he learned that the "greener grass" elsewhere can be tricky, and that moving up in terms of conference affiliation can endanger one's career (which presumably might have kept him from trying again), his school sabotaged him by taking the decision away and moving up for him. Ouch -- that's the bad news.

The good news for McD is that Doug's afterglow, plus Big East euphoria, should give him a long enough honeymoon in Omaha that he should have at least a couple of years to look around for a safer alternative. Still, having a potentially prolific scorer to plug in next season would be a prudent way to increase his margin for error.
      Oh, I'll always give McD credit for knowing when to bail on his team.

I'm also very impressed by his ability to convince Iowa that an 0-3 NCAA tournament record, never losing less than six games in the Valley, and a career 54% winning percentage in the MVC was somehow "building well enough" to justify moving up to a major conference job. Especially when UNI has done significantly better without him.

He must be very, very impressive in hiring meetings. Almost as impressive as he is in coaching his own son over 20+ years.
      Last edited by Rlh04d; November 11, 2014, 11:12 AM.
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Time to take 'em off...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
          Can I just say that I'm so very proud of this thread? It has graduated to a new level. This thread has the kind of stuff that could really go toe-to-toe with EO's thread. We are using it to bag on Creighton, we have used it to bag on KU, and we may even be able to use it some for it's actual purpose, which is follow Frankamp. It's gonna be around a while. Getting off topic and still going strong is an indicator of a thread with staying power.
          Absolutely, DJ -- Up to 32 pages and counting (and here I am adding one more post) under a heading about (can't really say that the thread is about) a guy who, notwithstanding his Wichita heritage and skill as a shooter:

a) Didn't come to WSU and was pretty much always focused elsewhere,
          b) May or may not ever come to WSU, and
          c) Isn't named Orukpe.

That's a pretty impressive start, and a good illustration of what ShockerNet can do (for better or worse).

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Are you on pot?
            To clarify - I meant top 4 in future seasons. This season will be problematic for them, but I believe CU has the appropriate resources and recruiting ability to be a good team for the long haul. Also, I am not blown away by the long term prospects of the remaining Big East teams. Therefore, CU doesn’t have to be a top 25 program to be a top 4 finisher.

Comment

• Well, back on topic (if only for a moment)!

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
              @PaulS:uellentrop: WSU basketball commits Tyrone Taylor, Eric Hamilton and Markis McDuffie will sign Wednesday. Landry Shamet signs on Saturday. #shockers
              I wouldn't expect any sort of news, until after Saturday. Even if Conner would be taking the Baker or ArmSTUD route, they will want to get all of the other recruits commitment, in ink, before they would bring him in.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                Well, back on topic (if only for a moment)!

I wouldn't expect any sort of news, until after Saturday. Even if Conner would be taking the Baker or ArmSTUD route, they will want to get all of the other recruits commitment, in ink, before they would bring him in.
                Agreed, plus 3G will want to know exactly where he stands number scholarship-wise before making a final CF decision. Obviously, he has a damn good idea but verbal commitments don't count until they are signed, sealed and delivered.

Looking forward to hearing 3G's comments on these players once the LOI's are in hand and in good order.

Comment

• Check that, everyone will be singing tomorrow

Paul Suellentrop @ PaulSuellentrop

Check that earlier tweet. Landry Shamet will sign Wednesday morning.
                  Perhaps Frankamp news will come sooner rather then later.... Only time will tell.
                  The Assman

Comment

• I KNOW
                    THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

Check that, everyone will be singing tomorrow
                      Let me guess? They'll be singing the Shocker fight song.

Comment

• I wonder why Shamet, the SG, moved up his signing day?
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          I wonder why Shamet, the SG, moved up his signing day?
                          Perhaps more fanfare on National Signing Day and there might be more people there on Wednesday as compared to Saturday.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                            I wonder why Shamet, the SG, moved up his signing day?
                            I think I know what you're hinting at and I wondered the same thing.
                            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Check that, everyone will be singing tomorrow

Perhaps Frankamp news will come sooner rather then later.... Only time will tell.
                              I don't know about soon, but you know a decision isn't that far away. Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                                I think I know what you're hinting at and I wondered the same thing.
                                It might be a simple as the weather forecast for Saturday. Chance of snow.. 1-3 inches..
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X