No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• What Shurtz Said:)

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
        Yup
        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Which is how the mighty Cornhuskers fielded part of their great teams of the 80s and 90s-walkons getting "county scholarships" or some variation thereof.

Am I right?
          I have no idea. I got here in '93. X'fered to Sioux City for a yr. Then back in '95.

From what I understand, most of those walk on were wealthy ranchers, who, rather than eating up a scholly, paid for their kids education. I have no idea how many walk ons came from Omaha.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Speaking of academics:

b41d1dd970c606644031fa3cc64e368b.jpg

xUo7UWYkWynqnVgeK0suMU9iyQI-P2zS0O0xrAIP2QX27L3923orFLIBp4px9XUDnAhsN_k-kqAPCvOkZSlg_oDtHg7mVfSp.jpg
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
              I have no idea. I got here in '93. X'fered to Sioux City for a yr. Then back in '95.

From what I understand, most of those walk on were wealthy ranchers, who, rather than eating up a scholly, paid for their kids education. I have no idea how many walk ons came from Omaha.
              I was just being sarcastic. The "county scholarship" urban legend has been bounced around by Cornhusker opponents since the 70s. I first heard about it around the time I.M. Hipp was playing there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                I would like to interject a little fact into the different fictional tales being spun here.

FACT: Outside of CF, his parents, HCGM and coaching staff there are very few people that have complete knowledge of the situation. We can argue all we want based upon the little information that is made public, but when more facts become known (if they are made known) we may find out that we were way off base in our thinking and rationalization of the situation. Regardless, people really need to dial back disparaging comments about the parties involved. Let's step back, give it some time and I think it will most likely work out in a way that will make a lot of sense to most.
                This is an excellent point. Does anybody here have first hand knowledge of an upside down W tattoo? Has anybody here seen Conner plug himself into an outlet? Since nobody can definitively say that these things aren't true, then we must proceed with caution.

And I agree about laying off on Marty. If you just realized that you may have fathered the Antishock, that would be difficult enough without having to log onto the Internet and be publicly humiliated about it.

If HC3GM decides to extend an offer and KonnerBorg3000 decides to come to Wichita then, "Welcome to the family, Big Guy! You can use our wall receptical anytime!" But if he goes to Creighton ...
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  This is an excellent point. Does anybody here have first hand knowledge of an upside down W tattoo? Has anybody here seen Conner plug himself into an outlet? Since nobody can definitively say that these things aren't true, then we must proceed with caution.

And I agree about laying off on Marty. If you just realized that you may have fathered the Antishock, that would be difficult enough without having to log onto the Internet and be publicly humiliated about it.

If HC3GM decides to extend an offer and KonnerBorg3000 decides to come to Wichita then, "Welcome to the family, Big Guy! You can use our wall receptical anytime!" But if he goes to Creighton ...
                  That is some seriously funny stuff!
                  ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

The Assman

Comment

• If CF comes here, I will root hard for him. If he doesn’t come here, I will also root for him as long as it doesn’t interfere with the progress of WSU.

Before I go any further I encourage those SN members who criticize those who they believe are criticizing/disparage CF, 3G, etc…stop it right now. Nobody is out of line yet. This is a fan board. These types of issues are exactly what a fan board is designed to do…discuss issues surrounding our beloved Shockers. There has been no disrespect towards any side in this discussion.

It is also ok to have questions around what HCGM might or might not be thinking. Again, this is a fan board forum which is designed for these things. I have the greatest degree of trust in Gregg Marshall, who is like anybody else…a fallible human being. Marshall is not perfect and on occasion will make a judgment call that turns out to be a mistake.

There is a case to be made that CF would be a great fit here. He was a 4-star HS recruit. He is from Wichita. He has the potential to be a great shooter; he handles the ball like a solid PG; and appears to have the ability to create and get his shot when needed. We don’t know how effectively he can defend, but I doubt he is a huge liability there. Bring him on.

There is just as solid of a case that he isn’t the right fit here. He is a 6-0, 160 lb combo guard with 2.5 years of eligibility beginning in January of 2016. At that point, on paper, we will have Fred, Ron (he isn’t guaranteed to go pro after this year) as seniors. You can’t rule out Evan playing some minutes at SG as a senior. Holland, Henderson and Z Brown (RS?) will be sophomores. Taylor and Shamet will be freshmen. When CF becomes eligible at semester, will that alter the chemistry of the SG/SG rotations already established at that point? The fall of 2016 will be realistically when he can make an impact. However, with Holland, Henderson, Brown, Taylor, Shamet along with maybe another PG/SG “new recruit” in the mix (RS decisions not withstanding), are there enough minutes and is CF enough of a special talent to rise to the top to justify this circus? Do we need another 6-0 guard? Fred is a special exception. Holland is a freak of an athlete…and seemingly a great shooter and defender. There just aren’t that many 6-0 guards at the elite level of D-1 basketball that warrant this attention for this situation.

Again, I am on the fence. That is why 3G gets the big bucks. Whether his ultimate judgment regarding CF works or doesn’t, I will support it. But don’t judge poorly if me or others hang out at the water cooler discussing it from all angles.

Comment

Could this be the true antishock?

ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Perhaps I missed where this was covered elsewhere in this thread, but the timing makes perfect sense. Playing in the first exhibition game would have made Frankamp a junior rather than a soph when eligible 2nd semester next year. Once the meeting with Self resulted in the decision to transfer for whatever reason, it had to be made official ASAP.

The reason for the transfer raises a lot of questions given that he was set to start at least for now at KU, but there was no flexibility on timing.

Comment

• Originally posted by 7hottamales View Post
                            Perhaps I missed where this was covered elsewhere in this thread, but the timing makes perfect sense. Playing in the first exhibition game would have made Frankamp a junior rather than a soph when eligible 2nd semester next year. Once the meeting with Self resulted in the decision to transfer for whatever reason, it had to be made official ASAP.

The reason for the transfer raises a lot of questions given that he was set to start at least for now at KU, but there was no flexibility on timing.
                            KU paid this fall semester for CF whether he played or not. He was eligible to play, but decided not to. It is burned for eternity. The only advantage for the timing of the decision is for him to openly search for a new school during the remainder of the fall semester.

Comment

thanks for causing me to chuckle-snort.
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                                KU paid this fall semester for CF whether he played or not. He was eligible to play, but decided not to. It is burned for eternity. The only advantage for the timing of the decision is for him to openly search for a new school during the remainder of the fall semester.
                                Effectively, Connor used his redshirt year this year leaving him 3 years to complete his 3 years of eligibility. However, since he has to sit out a full academic year under the transfer rules he is ineligible to play for the next two semesters. Leaving him with an actual 2.5 years of eligibility. Assuming he transfers next semester.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 10, 2014, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X