Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Please excuse me while I have a private conversation with my friend @AZ Shocker: ....

[*whisper* *whisper* *spsss* *sspps* *whisper* *SMACK!*]

Ok guys we're back and AZ has thought a little more about the question and has something to say to everyone. Go ahead AZ . . .
    Lol - that was good Kung Wu. Love the "spirit"!!! I just think Gregg has those type of players now and more coming in the future years you mentioned. Maybe I'm missing the point here.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• The best teams don't get complacent or "satisfied" with players they already have, they are always constantly looking to boost or strengthen their rosters. It my not be pretty, but that's just how the business of winning works.

If they feel Conner can come in and EARN significant minutes, and that means he BEATS OUT current or other incoming Shockers along the way; so be it.

If Lil' Wiggy wanted to come to WSU last year, do you think they would have turned him down out of respect to Nick? Hell, no. They would have made it work out, just like they will if Conner expresses the interest to come.
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by William View Post
        Mark it down, Conner will be a stone cold killer somewhere in a few years, and I pray to God that its here.
        "a stone cold killer" - Yikes! Let's hope not!
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          "a stone cold killer" - Yikes! Let's hope not!
          Image please. I am counting on it.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
              Not to mention chick magnet!

Comment

Mark it down, Conner will be a stone cold killer somewhere in a few years, and I pray to God that its here.
                nope. not here. he can be a killer for ucla duke etc but not here. maybe oregon would accept him with open arms

but really, creighton is more his speed. the ku guy would thrive there

Comment

• Do we truly know the level of interest from HCGM? When the initial news broke I think it was reported WSU was on the list of "interested." As Marshall has always said, you never stop recruiting. Having a "kick the tires" casual interest is the political thing to do, but do we really know whether Marshall is applying a full court press on him at this point. Some of us here on SN are approaching this as though CF is elevated as the top priority in next years recruiting class that is already 2 over the limit. Is it possible HCGM is being politically correct in the moment, but at the end of the day is comfortable going forward as planned without putting much thought regarding CF?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                    500 post and counting...

Even if Conner doesn't attend WSU, he will still be a ShockerNet legend!
                    Connor already is a SN legend. Ever since Perry cut him in line and stole his last hotdog.
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                      Connor already is a SN legend. Ever since Perry cut him in line and stole his last hotdog.
                      What about not giving him a ride on campus?
                      The Assman

Comment

I truly believe that Conner would start every game he was eligible and healthy for here, that he would be a key piece in 3 tournament runs
                        The inner beaker in you is slowly starting to manifest itself.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          The inner beaker in you is slowly starting to manifest itself.
                          Im not comfortable with this personal attack, I sit in the 2nd row and have for years, please keep my posts out your quote box.

Your pal, William
                          THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

• There have been a lot of interesting critiques in this thread - the only one that seems to have some chance of being correct is the existence of daddy issues. The talent, hustle, and overall talent evaluation seems to be pretty negative versus what I would expect reality to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                              500 post and counting...

Even if Conner doesn't attend WSU, he will still be a ShockerNet legend!
                              If he does go to WSU, the next 500 posts could occur in half the time.

Comment

• If Conner is willing to pay his own way for the next 3 semesters than I think there is a very good chance we will see him in a Shocker uniform. If not, it's still possible, but certainly more complicated.

Shocker fans would certainly give Conner a lot of credit if he is willing to sacrifice a sure scholarship for a year and a half to become a Shocker. Just as Ron Baker and Malcolm Armstead created a boatload of goodwill and positive karma with Shocker fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X