No announcement yet.

Official Memphis vs. WSU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ Pastner gets this year and next guaranteed...our best players are Sophomores and Juniors...and he's signed the #7 class for 2015.

In order to create the most comprehensive Team Recruiting Ranking without any notion of bias, 247Sports Team Recruiting Ranking is solely based on the 247Sports Composite Rating.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofMemphis View Post
      ^ Pastner gets this year and next guaranteed...our best players are Sophomores and Juniors...and he's signed the #7 class for 2015.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Bas...teTeamRankings
      That's great and all.... but this might not be the place to be crowing about it at this particular time. How did this one work out?

"PG - Kedren Johnson (four-star, Vandy transfer)
      G/F - Markel Crawford (four-star player)
      G/F - Nick King (four-star player)
      F - Austin Nichols (five-star player)
      F - Shaq Goodwin (McDonalds All-American)
      -----------
      PG - Dom Magee (four-star player)
      PG - Pookie Powell (four-star player)
      G/F - Kuran Iverson (four-star player)
      PF - Calvin Godfrey (Southern Univ transfer)"

WSU was favored, covered, and was led by a no-star pre-season AA. Given the lack of ability to walk and dribble a basketball at the same time that was displayed yesterday, I'm questioning the recruiting rating systems even more than I usually do.

Comment

• Lutz is a tool, plain and simple

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          That's great and all.... but this might not be the place to be crowing about it at this particular time. How did this one work out?

"PG - Kedren Johnson (four-star, Vandy transfer)
          G/F - Markel Crawford (four-star player)
          G/F - Nick King (four-star player)
          F - Austin Nichols (five-star player)
          F - Shaq Goodwin (McDonalds All-American)
          -----------
          PG - Dom Magee (four-star player)
          PG - Pookie Powell (four-star player)
          G/F - Kuran Iverson (four-star player)
          PF - Calvin Godfrey (Southern Univ transfer)"

WSU was favored, covered, and was led by a no-star pre-season AA. Given the lack of ability to walk and dribble a basketball at the same time that was displayed yesterday, I'm questioning the recruiting rating systems even more than I usually do.
          Listing how a recruiting site ranks your teams players isn't 'crowing' it's simply information...

I do believe if you surround yourself with talented players, and smart assistant coaches, good things will come of it.

Comment

• Fred was a 4 star recruit out of high school.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTop View Post
              Fred was a 4 star recruit out of high school.
              May have been referring to Baker, the no star preseason AA

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                I just noticed it looks like the player behind Chadrack Lufile is trying to have his way with him. WTF?

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                  Remember that Darius Carter took some time last year to find his way. Nurger is a TRUE Freshman, and the fact that he has not been a defensive liability with the minutes he's getting is a really good sign. By the time the noncon is over, things will be running more smoothly. Same goes for Kelly.

And, eventually, the 3-ball will come back. Part of what I like about the team is that they're not panicking when things aren't falling.
                  I think the only thing wrong with Nurger and even Kelly right now is what you would expect from freshman: fouls and nerves

Nurger doesn't look lost at all and he looks really invested mentally when he is out there. He runs fast, pushes his man around as best he can, fights for position, and seems to know where to be. He is so far beyond freshman level, and that is fun to think about. He is no where near a guy that the opposing team can go to sleep on. I just felt like he picked up some fouls yesterday that he could have avoided, but he will learn how to control that.
                  With Kelly, I just feel like his motor is too fast for his own good. He does most things right as well, but when he gets the ball, he almost overpowers his own self. When the game slows down to him as he gains experience, he will be huge problem for other teams athletically.

Having Shaq show up makes such a difference in our post committee because it affords Rauno the ability to foul more, and it buys Kelly more time to relax. It literally changes everything. He added 5 more fouls of post depth to the team when I wasn't even sure if he was going to crack the second string based on what we were hearing before the season started, and that is a big deal.
                  Last edited by Dave Stalwart; November 19, 2014, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kochaddict View Post
                    I just noticed it looks like the player behind Chadrack Lufile is trying to have his way with him. WTF?
                    Yeah, we analyzed the hell out of this last year, there was a lot of stuff going on in it.

Comment

Listing how a recruiting site ranks your teams players isn't 'crowing' it's simply information...

I do believe if you surround yourself with talented players, and smart assistant coaches, good things will come of it.
                      Not trying to start any shite but you also "signed" a dad didn't you ?

Comment

Don't worry bro, I didn't read it as "crowing", as it was valid information that would make one think he would still be at Memphis for years to come. I don't care if you can coach or not, if you sign top 10 recruiting classes eventually your talent will win in spite of you.
                        “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                        -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                          Not trying to start any shite but you also "signed" a dad didn't you ?
                          I think he learned that trick from Bill
                          “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                          -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            The more you watch this the more it doesn't make sense. Laws are broken with this dunk...man made laws and laws of physics.
                            -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                              If X workers are needed to run a DD 168 hours per week (24/7), then that makes Y total man hours required per week for operation. You then divide Y by 80 to find out the average weekly hourly volume per worker, if they are really staffing a donut shop with 80 freaking people.

If 4 workers are required to operate the DD at all times, then that means each of the 80 employees gets 8.4 hours per week of employment.
                              If 6, then 12.6 hours/week.
                              If 8, then 16.8 hours/week.
                              If 10, then 21.0 hours/week.
                              If 12, then 25.2 hours/week.
                              If 19, then 39.9 hours/week.
                              If 20, then 42.0 hours/week.

[/asininethreadhijack]
                              You are missing an important element in your analysis - Obama Care.
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                                I think the only thing wrong with Nurger and even Kelly right now is what you would expect from freshman: fouls and nerves

Nurger doesn't look lost at all and he looks really invested mentally when he is out there. He runs fast, pushes his man around as best he can, fights for position, and seems to know where to be. He is so far beyond freshman level, and that is fun to think about. He is no where near a guy that the opposing team can go to sleep on. I just felt like he picked up some fouls yesterday that he could have avoided, but he will learn how to control that.
                                With Kelly, I just feel like his motor is too fast for his own good. He does most things right as well, but when he gets the ball, he almost overpowers his own self. When the game slows down to him as he gains experience, he will be huge problem for other teams athletically.

Having Shaq show up makes such a difference in our post committee because it affords Rauno the ability to foul more, and it buys Kelly more time to relax. It literally changes everything. He added 5 more fouls of post depth to the team when I wasn't even sure if he was going to crack the second string based on what we were hearing before the season started, and that is a big deal.
                                Rauno had 4 fouls called against him. One call at best was miniscule ticky or perhaps a phantom call.

When Ron flipped that steal to Zero, he got so excited that I thought he might fumble it out of bounds. Nevertheless, he flushed it.

These comments are offered to support your notions above.
                                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X