No announcement yet.

Official Memphis vs. WSU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These guys looked liked each one had an NBA personal trainer behind his body.
    Actually they do. His name is Kerry Rosenboom. Along with working with more than 95 baseball players who have reached the major leagues, Rosenboom has also worked with numerous professional basketball players. In fact, he’s been offered the Head Strength Coach position by several MLB and NBA organizations.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Nick King, Memphis:

Paraphrasing: "We only lost by 15. We had a lot of turnovers. If we didn't have those, I think we would've won."

LOL.
      Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
      If he literally meant "We had a lot of turnovers. If we didn't have those (and had 0 instead), I think we wouldn't won." then I agree with him.

If he meant fewer turnovers, but some non-zero number, then yeah, he's crazy.

I'll go with the latter.
      Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
      Answer to King logic.

"We only won by 15. We would have won by 30, if we had not played the freshmen for 69 minutes or 35% of the game minutes."
      This, RDR. He totally chose to forget that they were 23 down when Marshall started bringing in a freshman rotation player along with the #10-13 bench, while they still had a starter and other rotation players in until the end of the game. Otherwise, a final 25-30 point margin would not be out of line. That's just not Marshall's style.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's Tekelecopter!!

WATCH: Tekele Cotton throws down dunk near Shaq Goodwin
            Last edited by WstateU; November 19, 2014, 11:56 AM.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
              His dunk early the second half should have been a nine pointer.

Nice seats by the way!

Comment

• I will post my in depth Sioux Falls trip report early this evening once I get unburied at work

Comment

• Originally posted by rayc View Post
                  My favorite quote from a Memphis board:

"... there was one point about the Wichita State Shockers that was very interesting. >>>>>>> Our Tigers physically looked like toothpicks compared to the strength and muscled bodies and conditioning of the Shocker players overall.

JabberGosh, why were they physically so more imposing than our Tigers? These guys looked like each one had an NBA personnel trainer behind his body. Did anyone else notice the physical body differences between the two teams? They literally just outmuscled us at times in the game besides out hustling us indeed. I mean we have been given glowing reports about how our Tigers have been constantly conditioning and boot camp drills.... Why was there such a disparity between our Tigers physical condition and theirs? Actually, we have been practicing longer than them because we went on a foreign tour. So why weren't we anywhere near as physically imposing as them? The Shockers were every bit as big and strong as the fabled Florida Gators training and conditioning results. Hence, here's a graphic Smiley Roar World List comparison of what I saw out in South Dakota on display at the Pentagon court today>>>>>>>>>>

flex <<<< this was what our tigers courtside today looked like they had endured in conditioning..

Andddddd...Now this>>>> weights weights_bar doubleshake <<<<< was what the Shockers physically looked like what they had been thru in pre-season training. No comparison..."
                  Please remember there is a big chunk of MT.org posters who have made it personal mission to get Pastner fired...Pastner fired our S&C coach, so if our guys look 'small' it's a backhanded way to blame Pastner.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofMemphis View Post
                    Please remember there is a big chunk of MT.org posters who have made it personal mission to get Pastner fired...Pastner fired our S&C coach, so if our guys look 'small' it's a backhanded way to blame Pastner.
                    Check out post #27 & #29 from this thread; LOL!
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I know watching Shaq for two games is not a valid sample size, but based on his production and minutes, I'd swear he's playing almost as well as Darius.

We need him to continue to step up badly right now. Wamukota and Nurger did not produce anything (except fouls) yesterday and very little in the NMSU game. Yes they will be good, but will is future tense, and right now they are merely placeholders. If Darius gets into foul trouble and Shaq is not available and present trends continue, this could be troublesome in a close game.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's Telecopter!!
                        Tekelecopter!

Comment

I thought your guys looked big. Conditioning is hard to judge, but as far as size they are large dudes.
                          “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                          -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• lol, now Pastner has to hear about it from WSU beat writer:

SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota — The University of Memphis’ sloppy performance in a 71-56 season-opening loss to No. 11-ranked Wichita State at the Sanford Pentagon on Tuesday drew plenty of criticism on Twitter and other social media of the Tigers and coach Josh Pastner, including from columnist Bob Lutz of The Wichita Eagle.

“Josh Pastner will be on the coaching hot seat this season. His team is terribly undisciplined,” Lutz tweeted during the game. Later, he tweeted, “Memphis just hired father of a big-time recruit. Those who follow Tigers closely believe Pastner is safe for another season.”

Memphis committed 24 turnovers, which led to 27 Wichita State points, and totaled just four assists on 20 made baskets. Asked about Lutz’s comments after the game, Pastner took the high road.

“I wish him all the very best. I hope he has a good Thanksgiving and Christmas,” Pastner said. “I’m grateful that he took the time to say that. I wish him only good will.”

University of Memphis 2016 commitment and four-star Maryland combo guard Randall Broddie will sign with the Tigers on Wednesday and join the team next season, Broddie said Tuesday night.

He originally planned to attend prep school next season, but Broddie said Tuesday night he’s ready to rejoin the class of 2015 and enroll at Memphis this summer.

He’ll join 2015 Memphis commitments and Hamilton High forwards K.J. and Dedric Lawson in signing with the Tigers on Wednesday, the final day of the early signing period.

Comment

lol, now Pastner has to hear about it from WSU beat writer:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/spor...igers_95170085
                              Bob Lutz should not get the "pub" he does for these kinds of comments. He isn't WSU's beat writer, he is just another old fat guy with an opinion. Good to see your coach is a class act.
                              “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                              -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

lol, now Pastner has to hear about it from WSU beat writer:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/spor...igers_95170085
                                To be fair, that is not the WSU beat writer, but a columnist that still draws a paycheck from the Wichita paper for some reason. Very few WSU fans have use for Lutz.

Comment

Working...
                                X