Official Memphis vs. WSU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
    Rauno had 4 fouls called against him. One call at best was miniscule ticky or perhaps a phantom call.

When Ron flipped that steal to Zero, he got so excited that I thought he might fumble it out of bounds. Nevertheless, he flushed it.

These comments are offered to support your notions above.
    The Memphis game is the first I have seen where the freshman bigs looked like freshman (minus Shaq). The other times I've seen them, they looked like sophomores with upside.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
      Not trying to start any shite but you also "signed" a dad didn't you ?
      Keelon Lawson, head coach at Hamilton High in Memphis, who took his team undefeated to a State title...was hired as a Memphis asst...he has 3 highly rated sons.

He played at UAB, graduated from Lemoyne Owen in Memphis...he's qualified to be a college asst.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofMemphis View Post
        Keelon Lawson, head coach at Hamilton High in Memphis, who took his team undefeated to a State title...was hired as a Memphis asst...he has 3 highly rated sons.He played at UAB, graduated from Lemoyne Owen in Memphis...he's qualified to be a college asst.
        And yet he didn't get an assistant position until he publicly announced that if he were to get an assistant coaching position, then it would be likely that his sons would attend that school.

I don't fault Pastner for offering him a position, but this deal was strictly a talent grab and Daddy gets to come along for the ride.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• I'm not saying youre wrong...but at least he's qualified...unlike Danny Manning and his dad...I think he was a truck driver, turned Kansas asst coach.

Comment

I'm not saying youre wrong...but at least he's qualified...unlike Danny Manning and his dad...I think he was a truck driver, turned Kansas asst coach.
            Who better to teach driving angles and passing lanes than a truck driver?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
              Rauno had 4 fouls called against him. One call at best was miniscule ticky or perhaps a phantom call.

When Ron flipped that steal to Zero, he got so excited that I thought he might fumble it out of bounds. Nevertheless, he flushed it.

These comments are offered to support your notions above.
              Watching the replay of the Memphis game, it was really interesting because Rauno would go for good periods of time where he would look solid and then out of no where he would hack someone, or out of no where he would just let his body hit someone. It almost looked out of character because everything he had been doing was completely fine. He knows what to do. I actually think he's just getting a feel for what a foul is and isn't with NCAA refs. It will come quickly with him. He really doesn't look slow or unathletic.

The thing that made me decide R Kelly needs to relax and that his motor is out pacing his experience was one particular play. He took a pass and did a HUGE swinging jump into the lane and threw up a bad shot because he was out of control. He's got so much spring and power but he basically jumped out of his own control there because he was excited or something. Add that to the fact that he keeps missing dunks and I have decided that he just needs to keep at it and let the finesse come to him. He's got all the pieces in place.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Nice seats by the way!
                I'm not Eric, but that was a reasonable assumption given my screen name. He's a buddy of mine, though, and he texted me today saying WuDrWu responded to your post and he thinks you're me! Lol, small world! Next time you join the Shox on a road trip out here, hit us up, we'll grab a beer and cheer the boys on to victory!
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                  The more you watch this the more it doesn't make sense. Laws are broken with this dunk...man made laws and laws of physics.
                  In a closer look I can see why he rises, and then rises some more. Check out his left hand and the nifty pushoff on the defender!
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

lol, now Pastner has to hear about it from WSU beat writer:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/spor...igers_95170085
                    Yeah, sorry about that. Sometimes Lutz gets accidentally released from the asylum and ends up writing an "article" or posting to social media like that.

Kudos to Pastner for brushing it off. You've got a good coach and despite what some idiot columnists have said, you have a good team. They'll play much better in March, and I hope we're at opposite sides of the bracket. Good luck the rest of the way.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                      I'm not Eric, but that was a reasonable assumption given my screen name. He's a buddy of mine, though, and he texted me today saying WuDrWu responded to your post and he thinks you're me! Lol, small world! Next time you join the Shox on a road trip out here, hit us up, we'll grab a beer and cheer the boys on to victory!
                      Dang it, my old age is playing Shaka Smart with my memory!

Comment

Tough game for my Tigers today...But playing WSU, Baylor, Ok State, Gonzaga, UConnx2, Cincyx2, SMUx2, Tulsax2, Temple, etc will make us 'battle tested' come March.

Good game, WSU...til next time.
                        You guys are going to be fine, sooner than later. Lots of talent and athleticism there. Wish we played you guys every year, preferably twice. Good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          Quick, where's Waldo??
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I'm not saying youre wrong...but at least he's qualified...unlike Danny Manning and his dad...I think he was a truck driver, turned Kansas asst coach.
                            I wish you all the luck to get your swagger back. I hope that we can continue to play each other in the future, maybe home and home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                              Can anyone direct me to the archive of this game on KEYN? I like listening to Mike Kennedy.
                              Here's the location for all 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                                Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                                X