No announcement yet.

Official Memphis vs. WSU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone direct me to the archive of this game on KEYN? I like listening to Mike Kennedy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      80 people to run a Dunkin' Donuts? WTF?
      With all the food besides donuts they do, I imagine you have to have 4-6 people working at all times. If they are open 24/7, and many workers are kept at part time, hiring 80 isn't all that big a stretch.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I don't know if you can fit 80 people in a Dunkin' Donuts.

Comment

• Nuger didn't do much offensively but I thought he did a nice job on the other end of the floor.

Comment

• Maybe we should start a Dunkin' Doughnuts thread!

The Assman

Comment

Four people work it; 76 people watch to make sure those 4 don't eat all the product!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                With all the food besides donuts they do, I imagine you have to have 4-6 people working at all times. If they are open 24/7, and many workers are kept at part time, hiring 80 isn't all that big a stretch.
                They also will probably transfer some of them to the new locations, as they open. Better to have people already trained then have to pay for it!
                The Assman

Comment

• Remember that Darius Carter took some time last year to find his way. Nurger is a TRUE Freshman, and the fact that he has not been a defensive liability with the minutes he's getting is a really good sign. By the time the noncon is over, things will be running more smoothly. Same goes for Kelly.

And, eventually, the 3-ball will come back. Part of what I like about the team is that they're not panicking when things aren't falling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                    Can anyone direct me to the archive of this game on KEYN? I like listening to Mike Kennedy.
                    Senora Rio and I prefer Mike as well. We did not care for the ESPN broadcasters at all. They were constantly trying to prove that each was smarter than the other about subjects, which had nothing to do with the game.

We listened to our SportSync radio and were able to sync Mike's call and the game action. It was most enjoyable.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                      Maybe we should start a Dunkin' Doughnuts thread!
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• If X workers are needed to run a DD 168 hours per week (24/7), then that makes Y total man hours required per week for operation. You then divide Y by 80 to find out the average weekly hourly volume per worker, if they are really staffing a donut shop with 80 freaking people.

If 4 workers are required to operate the DD at all times, then that means each of the 80 employees gets 8.4 hours per week of employment.
                        If 6, then 12.6 hours/week.
                        If 8, then 16.8 hours/week.
                        If 10, then 21.0 hours/week.
                        If 12, then 25.2 hours/week.
                        If 19, then 39.9 hours/week.
                        If 20, then 42.0 hours/week.

[/asininethreadhijack]

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          So far the Shockers have faced teams that finished 77 and 48 in the RPI last year, respectively. Against those teams, they have a 1.22 Turnovers Forced to Made Field Goals Allowed ratio. (44 TOs, 36 FGM). They have played one home game, and one neutral game, with an average MoV of 16.

You can argue, and perhaps successfully with Memphis, that these teams will not finish that high in the RPI this year. Still, I have not found any other teams that have done anything similar in the first couple of games of their season.
                          KenPom agrees http://kenpom.com/

Shocks at #7 with a NCSOS of 108. Highest in the top 10 outside of the beakers.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofMemphis View Post
                            lol, now Pastner has to hear about it from WSU beat writer:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/spor...igers_95170085
                            Is Jason Smith an actual journalist? Why in the world would he ask the coach of the team he covers about comments made by a columnist for the city newspaper of their opponent?

That seems silly to me. It sounds more like the "jourmalist" fraternity making their own news.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              Is Jason Smith an actual journalist? Why in the world would he ask the coach of the team he covers about comments made by a columnist for the city newspaper of their opponent?

That seems silly to me. It sounds more like the "jourmalist" fraternity making their own news.
                              He has to find some way to get folks to call into his AM radio show, lol

Comment

• Originally posted by UofMemphis View Post
                                lol, now Pastner has to hear about it from WSU beat writer:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/spor...igers_95170085
                                Lutz would have more credibilty if a) he said Pastner's team looked undisciplined and b) he had refrained from hot seat comments since he has no knowledge of the Memphis administration or fanbase.

I don't know if Tigers are undisciplined or just young, but Lutz was lazy in his assessment. As far as the hot seat comments are concerned, he probably trolled the Memphis fan boards like he has been accused of here,
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X