No announcement yet.

Official Memphis vs. WSU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OUtside of League 42 (which is huge btw - seriously its an awesome deal) Lutz is just ..... he's a......

Lets just say most people dont care for him.

Comment

• No worries. Lutz is an internet troll masquerading as a journalist.

Comment

• Ok, I don't think his opinions should carry enough weight to even be on the radar of Coach JP or those interviewing him, but nothing he said was untrue or overly critical. Even though I called him an old fat guy, I still don't have an issue with him. In fact, I am not a fan of Sports Daily without him.
        “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
        -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• I actually like Josh Pastner and I hope Memphis keeps him around. As for Lutz, the only worthy thing he's ever done recently, as somebody mentioned, was League 42. I guess the video game WSU tournament at Side Pockets was ok too, that was Lutz who put that on if I'm not mistaken.

As for the game itself, the first half was just pure ugly, no offense, great defense. Good to see the Shox finally hitting some three pointers, and of course FVV, Baker, and Cotton are the heart and soul of this team.

I'm not going to be too critical of the freshman yet, I will say that so far Rauno has done nothing to impress me. Shaq Morris has all the makings of a future star, while Kelly could be a role player. I won't comment and Henderson and Holland, only because I can't recall them doing much either last Friday night or yesterday. I'm just waiting for somebody to say how they are both way better than Frankamp. I don't see it now, but of course it's only 2 games into the season.

Although there is no replacement for Cle, I think Shaq (our Shaq) and Darius Carter together will fill the role. Rauno really needs to get it going, he definitely looks like a freshman.. and I have no doubt he will, either that or he'll end up in the doghouse of HCGM.

I won't say that Shaq Goodwin is a thug, because I don't know the young man personally, but he definitely did some things in yesterdays game to make me not care for him much.

Last note, to my knowledge, we have not seen the following players yet: Zach Brown, Tevin Glass, John Robert Simon, or Jared Walker. Have heard nothing about possible redshirts, but I would have to assume those 4 are in strong contention to do so.

Comment

• Partner is a great recruiter and a seriously nice guy. Good luck to him and Memphis in the future.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
              Last note, to my knowledge, we have not seen the following players yet: Zach Brown, Tevin Glass, John Robert Simon, or Jared Walker. Have heard nothing about possible redshirts, but I would have to assume those 4 are in strong contention to do so.
              Brown and Glass played yesterday. No scholarship players will redshirt.

Comment

• cdizzle, thanks for that. I admittedly did not see much of the 2nd half of yesterdays game, as I was over at a buddies house and for whatever reason he changed the channel to College Football Today. I coulda strangled him. lol

Comment

• Too bad Tekele can't be the spokesperson for the new local Dunkin' Donuts shops.

Introducing the new "Tekelecopter" donut; just dunk it!

"The restaurant, owned by NewDays LLC, is scheduled to open before the end of the year. The restaurant plans to fill 80 positions at the new location. Six more Dunkin’ Donuts are planned for the Wichita area."

Last edited by WstateU; November 19, 2014, 01:09 PM.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Last edited by WstateU; November 19, 2014, 01:11 PM. Reason: I'm a dumb $hit!
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

cdizzle, thanks for that. I admittedly did not see much of the 2nd half of yesterdays game, as I was over at a buddies house and for whatever reason he changed the channel to College Football Today. I coulda strangled him. lol
                      Sounds like you need some new buddies.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        Too bad Tekele can't be the spokesperson for the new local Dunkin Donuts shops.

Introducing the new "Tekelecopter" donut; just dunk it!

"The restaurant, owned by NewDays LLC, is scheduled to open before the end of the year. The restaurant plans to fill 80 positions at the new location. Six more Dunkin’ Donuts are planned for the Wichita area."

http://ksn.com/2014/11/19/new-wichit...ts-to-hire-80/
                        80 people to run a Dunkin' Donuts? WTF?

Comment

• So far the Shockers have faced teams that finished 77 and 48 in the RPI last year, respectively. Against those teams, they have a 1.22 Turnovers Forced to Made Field Goals Allowed ratio. (44 TOs, 36 FGM). They have played one home game, and one neutral game, with an average MoV of 16.

You can argue, and perhaps successfully with Memphis, that these teams will not finish that high in the RPI this year. Still, I have not found any other teams that have done anything similar in the first couple of games of their season.

This is a lot of fun.

Comment

I'm not going to be too critical of the freshman yet, I will say that so far Rauno has done nothing to impress me. Shaq Morris has all the makings of a future star, while Kelly could be a role player. I won't comment and Henderson and Holland, only because I can't recall them doing much either last Friday night or yesterday. I'm just waiting for somebody to say how they are both way better than Frankamp. I don't see it now, but of course it's only 2 games into the season.
                            I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you on Nurger and Kelly. I think they have both been pretty impressive thus far. Nurger hasn't been in the states too long and is still learning the nuances of the American game and Kelly will be much more then a "role player" down the road.

Shaq, I am happy to say, is proving me wrong so far. I hope he continues to do so.

RH and CHJ have had their struggles (more so CHJ), but it's early and they have played against two teams with bigger and more athletic players. They'll get the hang of it. As for Frankamp, he could definitely help the squad not only in the future, but now. Having another good guard for practices would help everyone.
                            The Assman

Comment

• What's even more impressive to me is that the Shockers have done it, in my opinion, without playing their best basketball. Defensively they've been solid in both games, but the offense was a bit of a concern. It picked up yesterday, but there's still some players that have yet to reach their full potential. When WSU puts together a solid 40 minute game offensively and defensively.. look out!

Comment

• Shurtz, I'm not saying Kelly hasn't been impressive, he just hasn't been as impressive as Shaq. And we can agree to disagree about Rauno, but the key is they are all just freshman. HCGM will have them all going by conference play, I fully believe. To steal a line from subgod22, I'm not worried

Comment

Working...
                                X