Official Memphis vs. WSU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
    Ugh, Cotton jammed a couple of fingers on his shooting hand.
    it's been taped up for the better part of a month

Comment

• I agree Dan, we have guards that can match up with any trio. Now our front-court is the ? But I've always liked alittle mystery, and we have had ? marks every year and coach always seems to have the answer. We have very good young players, think back when we have had this kind of quality depth, and so young. their will be growing pains, but I don't think it will be because of nerves, and thats what I like, young players who are coachable and unafraid. You know they have to be or Marshall wouldnt have recruited them. Evan won't be the answer to th 4-spot, not long term, It will be by comittee like the post postion was last year. If these guys can give us 10-12 solid minutes every game (Wessel, Morris,Kelly,Nurger) we will be fine. We also need for Darius to be able to give us about 25-30 minutes and about 10pts and 6-8 rebounds a game...then we will be real fine....

Comment

• Tekele's favorite donut? Dunkin' Donuts of course!
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Cotton's dunk nominated for "The 1" on Fox Sports Live

Comment

• Nick King, Memphis:

Paraphrasing: "We only lost by 15. We had a lot of turnovers. If we didn't have those, I think we would've won."

LOL.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• We stand an excellent chance of moving into the top ten rankings as Miami beat #8 Florida Friday night ending their 33 game home winning streak. Only fair to say that FU was without four players

As it so happens, Angel Rodrigues, a former KS guard, scored 24 points hitting three consecutive 3 pointers near the end of the game for a total and 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                Nick King, Memphis:

Paraphrasing: "We only lost by 15. We had a lot of turnovers. If we didn't have those, I think we would've won."

LOL.
                Quotes like that make me wonder how bad it could have been if Gregg didn't call off the dogs in the second half. 30 points maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  Quotes like that make me wonder how bad it could have been if Gregg didn't call off the dogs in the second half. 30 points maybe?
                  We were absolutely on our way to making it 30 at one point, we were rolling and they were beat.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    I know we think very highly of Cotton, but I'm not sure even he could do this: "extending a 35-29 lead to 44-29 on a jump shot by Tekele Cotton".

Comment

• His dunk early the second half should have been a nine pointer.
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Nick King, Memphis:

LOL.
                        Saw that. He obviously still doesn't have his head in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                          His dunk early the second half should have been a nine pointer.
                          I held up a "10" card!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                            His dunk early the second half should have been a nine pointer.
                            Actually, most of the judges were waving 10's, RMS. I believe it was the Russian and East German who only scored it a 9.

Comment

• #4 on SC Top Ten

Comment

• Tekele's dunk lands at #4 on the SC Top 10.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X