Official Memphis vs. WSU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    That article sucked. Did anybody stop to think why Memphis might have looked bad. That wasn't even a good attempt at a backhanded compliment
    They are bad. CBU opened the wound, and we ripped the scab off in a way that won't heal for a long time...

edit:
    Brian Snow ‏@BSnowScout 1h1 hour ago
    Memphis currently has a 6:1 turnover to assist ratio, think about that for a second.
    Last edited by jocoshock; November 18, 2014, 04:26 PM.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
      Incase you want to re-live the moment.

Cotton continues to pull away as my favorite Shocker of all time. This year's senior night will truly be a sad one for me. Love me some Cotton!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
        As one television analyst put it,
        “Wichita State never met a rock fight it didn’t enjoy.”

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...ble-this-year/

I think the Memphis backcourt will look better next game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
          Cotton continues to pull away as my favorite Shocker of all time. This year's senior night will truly be a sad one for me. Love me some Cotton!!!
          Id have to lean toward Fred van vleet... With Baker a close second...

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            I think the Memphis backcourt will look better next game.
            Sitting four rows from the action I can honestly say that there is no way the TV can do our defensive intensity justice.

Comment

• Baker is averaging 19 a game and he hasn't even really gone off on anyone yet, good luck Valley.

Comment

• As much as I like Cotton I would have to go with McDaniel and then Stallworth

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  Sitting four rows from the action I can honestly say that there is no way the TV can do our defensive intensity justice.
                  +1

My buddy and I got to sit court side at the CBE Classic last year and it was a truly eye opening experience. Just unbelievable.
                  “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                  -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Comment

• How have we not even brought up that block by Ron? That was awesome, he is the master of swiping it away from behind when guys bring the ball up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                        We shot poorly, rebounded so-so, got blocked a ton and are going to win by 20+ against a Top 50 team on a neutral court.

Appreciate this. We are as good or better now than we've ever been.
                        This times 1000. This is such a special time we all need constant refreshers to maintain appreciation.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
                          How have we not even brought up that block by Ron? That was awesome, he is the master of swiping it away from behind when guys bring the ball up.
                          He knew what he was going to do before they reached the free throw line. He was sizing the MU player up as they ran down the floor.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• So far not having the "gravitational pull" of Cleanthony Early is making this year's team a little easier to guard. The offense will open up if and when EW can knock down a three after setting a screen.

Good win, great second half. TK is the definition of beast mode.

Comment

• Covering for Early will come from everyone. How many 3 pointers did we make in the second half?

4-9 Maybe? Baker and Fred just need to start knocking them down (40-45%) and Holland needs to become more comfortable playing (also 40%). This only comes from experience. From the past two years, my gut tells me that Tekele "HAMMER" Cotton will also start knocking them down with 35% regularity. Wessel will too but his will be more at 30-33%. Last for us to thrive, we need Nurger to be a little more comfortable playing. He can shoot it at 33% too. We'll be ok but the showdowns with physical teams like Kentucky may be more difficult for us without Early.

Comment

• Memphis has one Top 50 and three top 100 guards. The problem with Memphis' guards is that they can't shoot and they can't handle the ball. But they are athletic and can jump high. They have absolutely no ability to play together

This is why we need to totally trust Gregg with recruiting. He has brought us this far by his evaluations and against the evaluations of most if not all of the "experts". He knows what his system needs.

Comment

Working...
                                X