2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fozzy View Post
    Some good videos here - http://www.sbnation.com/2015/2/23/80...torm-bill-self

KU football fans and KSU basketball fans must have some sort of competition to see who can be a bigger embarrassment when it comes to storming fields and courts.
    Wait wait wait... you're telling me the KU fans that are constantly shouting from their high horse that court storming is an embarrassment are the SAME fans that rush the field after a single football victory over one of the worst teams in the country?? AND you're telling me the KSU fans that make fun of KU for doing just that during the football season are the SAME fans that rush the court every single time they win a basketball game against KU??

No.. there's just no way I believe that.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
      Wait wait wait... you're telling me the KU fans that are constantly shouting from their high horse that court storming is an embarrassment are the SAME fans that rush the field after a single football victory over one of the worst teams in the country?? AND you're telling me the KSU fans that make fun of KU for doing just that during the football season are the SAME fans that rush the court every single time they win a basketball game against KU??

No.. there's just no way I believe that.
      Yup and it's all sponsored by Dillon's as part of the Sunflower Showdown :)

And looks like KSU has fully embraced the chickenhawks idea - https://www.facebook.com/KState/phot...53229928997873 and https://www.facebook.com/KState/phot...53229929837873

Comment

• ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Here's a dilemma. If Evansville gets a road win at UNI, their RPI probably cracks the top 100 again. They are about 110ish.

The rankings are already out for the week so the whole 10 vs 11 matchup is locked in. Two losses this week shouldnt drop them further than about #20.

Assuming the Shockers do win out for the next 5 games, isn't it better for Evansville to also go on a little tear of their own so we will have more top 100 wins for seeding time?

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
            Here's a dilemma. If Evansville gets a road win at UNI, their RPI probably cracks the top 100 again. They are about 110ish.

The rankings are already out for the week so the whole 10 vs 11 matchup is locked in. Two losses this week shouldnt drop them further than about #20.

Assuming the Shockers do win out for the next 5 games, isn't it better for Evansville to also go on a little tear of their own so we will have more top 100 wins for seeding time?
            I think it's in our best interest for us and UNI to win out except when we play each other and we win. I think we will get more respect nationally with a UNI without any slip ups than thinking Evansville getting an RPI bump to 80ish would mean anything for us.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Doesn't look like Steven Hurt could be confused for POY:

BENCH

MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
              Stephen Hurt, F 13 2-2 0-0 0-0 1 1 2 0 0 0 0 1 4

I think we have at least two forwards that are better than Mr. Hurt, I think Bush is at least as good......#overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                Doesn't look like Steven Hurt could be confused for POY:

BENCH

MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
                Stephen Hurt, F 13 2-2 0-0 0-0 1 1 2 0 0 0 0 1 4

I think we have at least two forwards that are better than Mr. Hurt, I think Bush is at least as good......#overrated.
                Cut Hurt a little slack. He's being coached by Bruce Webber

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                  I think it's in our best interest for us and UNI to win out except when we play each other and we win. I think we will get more respect nationally with a UNI without any slip ups than thinking Evansville getting an RPI bump to 80ish would mean anything for us.
                  Agreed. We need UNI to win against Evansville, then we need to beat UNI on Saturday to secure our first top 25 victory. Then we need to meet them in STL, and beat them again. If we do that, we should secure at least a 4 seed I would think for the NCAAs. Two losses to UNI probably drops us to maybe a 6 or 7 seed, and a split would probably land us at the dreaded 5 seed. Just my guesses on seed.
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                    Agreed. We need UNI to win against Evansville, then we need to beat UNI on Saturday to secure our first top 25 victory. Then we need to meet them in STL, and beat them again. If we do that, we should secure at least a 4 seed I would think for the NCAAs. Two losses to UNI probably drops us to maybe a 6 or 7 seed, and a split would probably land us at the dreaded 5 seed. Just my guesses on seed.
                    If we win out on the year, including a MVC Tournament title, which is played against UNI, I don't see how we're not a 3 seed. That would be two top 50 wins, one on a neutral court, we'd end the year 30-3. If the selection committee gave a team that is 30-3 with a non-con sos in the top 30 anything lower than a 4 seed, it'd be criminal to me.

On the flip side, if we lose Saturday, and lose again in the MVC tournament, without ever beating UNI, I think Jerry Palm may not be as much as an idiot as I think and we'd be looking at a 7 seed. ****, maybe even worse.
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Court Storming is ridiculous and should stop.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Guys, just remember that Mr. 'horrible' Mark Adams suggested we might sneak into a #2 if we win both UNI games. Think positive. One game at a time.

Comment

If we win out on the year, including a MVC Tournament title, which is played against UNI, I don't see how we're not a 3 seed. That would be two top 50 wins, one on a neutral court, we'd end the year 30-3. If the selection committee gave a team that is 30-3 with a non-con sos in the top 30 anything lower than a 4 seed, it'd be criminal to me.

On the flip side, if we lose Saturday, and lose again in the MVC tournament, without ever beating UNI, I think Jerry Palm may not be as much as an idiot as I think and we'd be looking at a 7 seed. ****, maybe even worse.

Soooo.

Quality losses don't move us up in seeding?
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                            I think Bush is at least as good......#overrated.
                            Great example of how you are wrong pretty much all the time. Bush isn't as good as Hurt, and it's not close.

Comment

I remember hearing,a few days ago, that if WSU does lose to UNI all three teams, they would be a bubble team (according to Palm).

He's an idiot if he believes that. If by some crazy miricle that did happen, I think there would be a nation wide riot!
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Great example of how you are wrong pretty much all the time. Bush isn't as good as Hurt, and it's not close.
                                What if we added both Bush's together?! ;)
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X