2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
    You do realize that most of the others that Fever argues with are KU/CU honks ?
    Fever is rude toward WSU posters (not just me) all the time. He is also extremely mean-spirited in his comments towards any random public personality who dares to express an opinion that isn't 100% in line with Fever's own opinions. How you miss those posts of his is beyond me.

Originally posted by moshock View Post
    I don't care for JH4P - I do respect him and read his post even though most of them are condescending towards other Shocker fans / posters.
    "Most" of my posts are condescending towards other Shocker fans / posters? That is simply not true.

Comment

• I think ShockerFever is funny and I like having him. I'm a pretty passive guy who likes to laugh. I pretty much like everyone on the board. When people get permanently banned, it makes me sad.
      I am okay with temporary ones when we break the rules, though, and I've said my own fair share of things that could have gotten me a day off. I would just hate to think I could be eliminated from talking to any of you. I've been around long enough that the idea of being banned actually makes me sad. I would literally miss a lot of you whom I've gotten used to.

That was super sentimental. Sorry guys.

Comment

• DONT. BAN. FEVER. EVER

All I would ask is that he punches Shockernetters on a thread made just for that...but that goes for the people that decide to pick fights with him too.

He can blast away all he wants on other fans here anywhere on any thread

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
          I think ShockerFever is funny and I like having him. I'm a pretty passive guy who likes to laugh. I pretty much like everyone on the board. When people get permanently banned, it makes me sad.
          I am okay with temporary ones when we break the rules, though, and I've said my own fair share of things that could have gotten me a day off. I would just hate to think I could be eliminated from talking to any of you. I've been around long enough that the idea of being banned actually makes me sad. I would literally miss a lot of you whom I've gotten used to.

That was super sentimental. Sorry guys.
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Nebrasketball picks up a nice road win @ FSU, 70-65.

Comment

• Fever gets on folks that doesn't subscribe to certain type of shocker fandom. With that said he is big part of this community and should not be banned.

I felt the same way about Cold...

Comment

• I think ShockerFever needs to be made Admin. That way he doesn't have to PM the staff all the time. :yahoo:

Edit: Plus as an Admin, ShockerFever could bring back Cold.

Comment

• How about a little Thunderdome using the poll function? I've always been curious about where everybody stands as a whole - I personally fall in the camp basically ignoring one of them and liking the other but choose not to engage because it's not worth the ongoing effort that results (with the one I don't care for).

Two postahs entah! One postah leave! I'm on an iPad and can't do it, but maybe WstateU could actually gin up a picture of FSF carrying around Kung Wu as our very own Master Blaster...

Comment

• Can we just make a new thread called "Fever Ban Debate Club" and just move it over there? I want to talk more of the games of interest.

Detroit blew out Aquekljfajfdsa College 109-59. I don't even know what Division that school is in, but that's a darn good score.

Comment

• Good stuff tomorrow. All times CST.

Memphis vs. Stephen F. Austin, 6 PM on ESPN News
                      Seton Hall vs. Mount St. Mary's, 6 PM
                      Bradley vs. Central Michigan, 7 PM
                      Illinois State vs. VCU, 7 PM on ESPN3
                      St. Louis vs. Rockhurst, 7 PM
                      Evansville vs. Wright State, 7 PM
                      Alabama vs. South Florida, 8 PM on SEC Network/Watch ESPN
                      Hawaii vs. Delaware State, 11 PM

Every single one of those is a home game for our team of interest. Cheers to a big day and a lot of wins.

Comment

• Could the Redbirds pull an upset??? Any chance??? Any chance at all???
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                          Could the Redbirds pull an upset??? Any chance??? Any chance at all???
                          Sure, they're only a 4 point underdog. VCU has been horrible lately and it's in Normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                            Could the Redbirds pull an upset??? Any chance??? Any chance at all???
                            How would it be an upset? VCU dropped out of the rankings while Illinois St is still in the top 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                              Good stuff tomorrow. All times CST.

Memphis vs. Stephen F. Austin, 6 PM on ESPN News
                              Seton Hall vs. Mount St. Mary's, 6 PM
                              Bradley vs. Central Michigan, 7 PM
                              Illinois State vs. VCU, 7 PM on ESPN3
                              St. Louis vs. Rockhurst, 7 PM
                              Evansville vs. Wright State, 7 PM
                              Alabama vs. South Florida, 8 PM on SEC Network/Watch ESPN
                              Hawaii vs. Delaware State, 11 PM

Every single one of those is a home game for our team of interest. Cheers to a big day and a lot of wins.
                              Hilariously, every one of these games is going to be a win except for the #7 redbirds getting upset by unranked VCU.

Comment

• I just looked at all the MVC games through the end of the week. I shouldn't have because it just got my hopes up and I should know better.

If the MVC somehow wins most of it's games through Sunday or at least wins all the right games, the conference is not irrelevant anymore. This week is that good. I mean, it's not like we become "strong" or anything, but we are also not completely a joke anymore. There is so much redemption on the table, but I need to stop thinking about this. I am better than this.

There are ranked (or at least "respected") teams visiting MVC teams. There are winnable games for our bottom-feeders, too. Being an MVC fan hurts almost all the time. Is an undefeated week too much to ask? just this once? Actually, I'd like to have it happen a lot more often, so not just this once. Pretty please!?

Comment

Working...
                                X