2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    I was listening to some of the UNI game and their commentators think they're gonna be in the Top 25 this week.

I about laughed my ass off. While I'm happy for UNI's hot start against mediocre to maybe slightly better than mediocre competition, they will NOT be entering the Top 25 this week. Beat VCU in a couple weeks. Then we'll talk.
    What really struck me watching some of the game on Watch espn is how small their crowd was. It looked like their arena was less than half full. I am guessing their weren't much more than 3,000 people there. That is pretty pathetic for a team that is 6-0 (now 7-0) playing a decent A-10 opponent. Their announcers may expect UNI to crack the top 25 but their fans aren't acting like they are supporting a top 25ish team.

Comment

• nm

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
        What really struck me watching some of the game on Watch espn is how small their crowd was. It looked like their arena was less than half full. I am guessing their weren't much more than 3,000 people there. That is pretty pathetic for a team that is 6-0 (now 7-0) playing a decent A-10 opponent. Their announcers may expect UNI to crack the top 25 but their fans aren't acting like they are supporting a top 25ish team.
        I'm sure Thanksgiving plays a big part in attendance at most of these schools. Wichita is blessed/cursed by having a bunch of non students that fill our house even during holiday breaks.

Comment

• Light slate today with the good stuff hitting tomorrow and Wednesday. All times CST.

Nebraska @ Florida State, 6 PM on ESPN2
          Detroit vs. Acquinas College, 6 PM on ESPN3

Comment

I was listening to some of the UNI game and their commentators think they're gonna be in the Top 25 this week.

I about laughed my ass off.
            UNI came in 26 in today's AP Poll. They received 83 votes and were only 5 votes behind #25. In hindsight, the commentators assessment looks like it was pretty close. Your assessment just looks mean-spirited and rude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
              UNI came in 26 in today's AP Poll. They received 83 votes and were only 5 votes behind #25. In hindsight, the commentators assessment looks like it was pretty close. Your assessment just looks mean-spirited and rude.
              So did they make the Top 25 or not?

Stop twisting the facts, you dishonest troll.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

So did they make the Top 25 or not?

Stop twisting the facts, you dishonest troll.
                Sometimes it's better to just admit you were a little off base, as difficult as at may be.
                “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• I just wish they'd just outright ban fever. He is adding nothing to this board. I have an employee who behaves like him. Always craving attention. I ignore him and ignore his childish outbursts.

However, he (fever) seems to be much more out of control and personal in his attacks lately. At this point, the only thing keeping him on this board are the few fans he has here. He was allowed back on the board by promising to cease and desist in this behavior (that got him banned in the first place), and it seems like he's picked up a lot of warnings and there has been a number of remarks made by numerous individuals regarding his conduct recently.

This is why I spoke up about cold blooded. People like him (and fever) won't learn until its too late.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                    I just wish they'd just outright ban fever. He is adding nothing to this board. I have an employee who behaves like him. Always craving attention. I ignore him and ignore his childish outbursts.

However, he (fever) seems to be much more out of control and personal in his attacks lately. At this point, the only thing keeping him on this board are the few fans he has here. He was allowed back on the board by promising to cease and desist in this behavior (that got him banned in the first place), and it seems like he's picked up a lot of warnings and there has been a number of remarks made by numerous individuals regarding his conduct recently.

This is why I spoke up about cold blooded. People like him (and fever) won't learn until its too late.
                    I believe that JH4P "poked the bear" this time. The "bear" just responded to the "poke" - IMHO that doesn't deserve a ban.

Comment

• moshock.....I go to the frankamp thread, there fever is hurling insults at Mr. Obvious and others. I come here and it's the same. It seems like everywhere I go on shockernet lately, I see fever and he's usually insulting someone else. This is yet another example. I can't help you if you can't see past the nose on your face (or maybe you just don't read any other threads except this one).

And for the record, like about 5 other people who have spoken up during the last three or so days, I also have a problem with fever.

Comment

• I, Eric Sexton, also have a problem with "fever".

Comment

• Don't mess with the "bear"...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                            moshock.....I go to the frankamp thread, there fever is hurling insults at Mr. Obvious and others. I come here and it's the same. It seems like everywhere I go on shockernet lately, I see fever and he's usually insulting someone else. This is yet another example. I can't help you if you can't see past the nose on your face (or maybe you just don't read any other threads except this one).

And for the record, like about 5 other people who have spoken up during the last three or so days, I also have a problem with fever.
                            I do see the all of the other threads - You do realize that most of the others that Fever argues with are KU/CU honks ?

I don't care for JH4P - I do respect him and read his post even though most of them are condescending towards other Shocker fans / posters. Thank goodness that there are not a lot of posters like him.

Fever is definitely a passionate Shocker fan. Maybe the most passionate on this forum. Most of his comments are in response to KU/CU trolls or JH4P who is a master at baiting him. I usually crack up when I read Fever's post.

@kai - if you are going to ban my friend Fever - please show JH4P the same door. Having said that - I don't want to see either of them in time out or banned.

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                            I can't help you if you can't see past the nose on your face.
                            No need for insults Fev....I mean kahn - I read every post on this fine forum and have 20/20 vision. Have a nice day - It's a great day to be a Shocker !!!!

Comment

• I don't want either Fever or JH4P banned. I'm pretty tired of the back and forth, though.

I enjoy the posts of both too much to want to put either on ignore. But it's long past time for a cease fire.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                                I believe that JH4P "poked the bear" this time. The "bear" just responded to the "poke" - IMHO that doesn't deserve a ban.
                                I would love to hear how you got that impression of this thread. PM me if you don't feel like posting for everyone to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X