No announcement yet.

2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both of those rolls, it is the Redbirds night.
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• 73-70 birds going to the line for 2 free throws. 22.8 seconds left.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
        Both of those rolls, it is the Redbirds night.
        When you're as good as the Redbirds are this year, even the goals are trying to help you out sometimes.

Comment

• 78-72 Final. Redbirds win.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
            78-72 Final. Redbirds win.
            Will that be a quality loss for DePaul?

Comment

• Also noticed that George Washington lost at Penn St 64-51.

Comment

• Great to see a bouncing, garbage 3-pointer fall in to help the #10 Redturds avoid the upset.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• If it's good for us I say good for them. It was good for us. Besides, no one should have to endure losing to a BE cellar dweller.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                    Damn! When did they fall to #10?
                    The upset loss at home to VCU sent them tumbling a few spots. Big game with Tennessee-Martin this week.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I am very happy that the MVC added two more wins today. Other than the three really bad teams at the bottom, the standings don't actually look horrible.

Is it possible that the MVC might be "up" a little compared to last year? It would sure be nice for a bunch of these teams to get rolling.

I went ahead and scoped out the remaining schedules of the MVC teams and I'm predicting these finishes.

UNI could enter the MVC 10-2 or even 11-1 (@iowa is unlikely)
                      Eville really should win their next three games against average teams at home to enter the MVC 10-2
                      LOLoyola looks to go 8-3
                      So ILL 8-4
                      ILL St 8-4
                      MoST 5-6
                      Indy st 6-6
                      BU 5-7
                      D+ 3-9

I basically looked at every road game as a loss to arrive at these and any home games against solid teams as losses. You can trust the MVC for that :)
                      Some of these are also non-D1s... Probably for the best with some of these bad MVC teams. MoST has the most upside on that 5-6 prediction (@ORU, @Tulsa, host an 8-1 eastern Michigan. I have them all as losses) and Indy st has the most downside (all home games against average teams but I wouldnt trust them)
                      Last edited by Dave Stalwart; December 14, 2014, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                        I am very happy that the MVC added two more wins today. Other than the three really bad teams at the bottom, the standings don't actually look horrible.

Is it possible that the MVC might be "up" a little compared to last year? It would sure be nice for a bunch of these teams to get rolling.
                        It's up a little. UNI this year is > than ISUb last year. UE and ISUr > UNI last year. MSU this year = MSU last year. SIU and ULC are both improved. BU, DU, and ISUb this year are all down.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                          Let's not overreact to the UNI loss at VCU last evening. Use of simple logic should prevent most people from making knee jerk, the sky is falling and we're not going to have a top 50 RPI win statements. First, a 2 OT loss at VCU is simply not that bad. It's a tough place to play and win. Including the games on Saturday, UNI and The Hall rank 32 and 48 in the Pomeroy rankings respectively. According to Warren Nolan the RPI rankings as of this morning are Seton Hall is #16, and UNI is #28. Now, there lots of basketball to be played and these rankings will change, but no reason to overreact.

Logic, people, logic. Please use logic.
                          Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                          I think today must be bizzaro day on SN. You just went all JH4P on JH4P.
                          Shocker-maniac, I think you set up some strawmen to argue against. I didn't see anyone overreacting with knee jerk, the sky is falling comments. Here's what I said.

1 - VCU would have been a nice win for the MVC
                          2 - It is possible (and became more likely after that game) that WSU fails to record a top 50 win this year.
                          3 - The difference between a small number of top 50 wins and zero top 50 wins could possibly open the door for the committee to drop WSU's seed substantially.
                          4 - WSU needs UNI, Seton Hall, Alabama to play well the rest of the year.

If you weren't addressing me specifically, could you tell me who you were responding to?

If you were addressing me, tell me which one of the 4 points above is so illogical. You have every right to disagree with my opinions, but I think you are way off base to claim that I wasn't using a logical thought process.

Comment

• One side note. Gardner Webb is 3-4 against D1 teams with a Pomeroy ranking of 188. Because they have played (and lost) to several good opponents, their current RPI is 39. RPIForecast.com shows their forecasted RPI by the end of the year to slowly drop to around 140. Point being that their current RPI is grossly inflated.

Please, please, please don't try to use the RPI in mid-December. It just isn't all that useful as there are too many outliers until more games have been played.
                            Last edited by Jamar Howard 4 President; December 15, 2014, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• One more thing I just realized. UNI plays Iowa this Saturday. If they lose, it is actually a realistic possibility that the ENTIRE MVC could finish the year without a top 50 non-conference win. Should WSU repeat at 18-0 and win St. Louis, that could mean the MVC goes without a top 50 win PERIOD. Yikes!

Comment

• Discounting the likely possibilities that Seton Hall and Alabama will have Top 50 RPIs is just as moronic as using the RPI right now.

Illogical.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X