2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Shocks get the title but the bad Arch draw. UNI should get the Loyola Indy State winner while we'll likely get the UE Illinois State winner. Hmmmm....

On the other hand, the Panthers should get the rapidly improving Geese while the Shocks will match up against the Bears Salukis victor, if there is one.
    I wonder if Redturd fans are going to be "wishing" for that matchup again like they did a couple years ago and got their asses handed to them.

They're so small-time.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      I guess go ahead and put 7 teams from the big 12.

Just means 7 teams we don't have to worry about competing with enroute to a run.
      Their quality losses mark will not be matched. Actually, their total losses mark will not be matched either.

They deserve about a 7 seed.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• KU just keeps getting that home cooking.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
          KU just keeps getting that home cooking.
          Was just gonna post that. They have the best home cooking record in the country.

Oh and Texas sucks.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
            KU just keeps getting that home cooking.
            Of course...
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
              Kansas State (14-15, RPI: 105, SOS: 26): The Wildcats may be under .500, but they’re still alive after upsetting Kansas on Monday. They now have six top-50 wins on the season. Five of those were against the top 30, and four of those were against the top 16. They have two games left in the regular season, one apiece against Iowa State and Texas. If they win both of those games, and then make it to the Big 12 tournament semifinals, something they’re clearly capable of doing, they’ll add three more strong wins, two of which that would likely be against top-15 teams. Even with all the losses, the committee would have to consider them for an at-large bid.
              This is where I totally completely wholeheartedly disagree with any type of BCS P5 type pushers logic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For GOD'S sake....K-State is 14-15!!!!!! Is there not some point where the ACTUAL win/loss record trumps "who they beat"????????
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                This is where I totally completely wholeheartedly disagree with any type of BCS P5 type pushers logic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For GOD'S sake....K-State is 14-15!!!!!! Is there not some point where the ACTUAL win/loss record trumps "who they beat"????????
                You would think so. Let's say the Little Sisters of the Blind University is 6-23. Their wins include Kentucky, Duke, Virginia, Gonzaga, KU, and Arizona. I don't care how good those wins are, they still suck on an almost incomprehensible level.
                Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

It's hard to win on the road. That's where the P5 has the HUGE advantage. Teams like K-State get to play 6 home and 6 road games against top 50 teams in conference. Buy 7 home games against scrubs, play in a big time non-con tourney and go into conference at 9-3. Win 4 of 6 against your conference foes outside the top 50, win 5 of 6 home games against the top 50 in conference and go 0-6 against the same group on the road. Finish the season 9-9 in conference and 18-12 overall and you're in the dance as a 7 seed, and all you've proven is that you have a good home court and that you can't beat a road tourney team.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Memphis and Tulsa going OT on ESPNU. Tulsa currently one of Lunardi's first four out.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I think the only reason KSU should be in the NCAA tourney is if they win the Big 12 tournament. If they do so, congrats to them but that would really mean the Big 12 is overrated :) Otherwise I could see them being a high seed in the NIT.

Comment

• Tulsa beats Memphis in OT.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Arizona and Utah are tied 30-30. Good game so far.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I hope Georgia playing at home defeats Kentucky in their game early next week.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Was just gonna post that. They have the best home cooking record in the country.

Oh and Texas sucks.
                              How the refs blew that last no call is indefensible

Comment

• Hmmmm....Gonzaga may be in a bit of a fight tonight.
                                BYU - 33
                                Zags - 28 late in first half at Gonzaga's place.
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X