2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    Well, we have a Sport Management graduate program that, per KU's website, they do not. This would never happen, but if it ever did, the hilarity would never end for me.
    If that's the case, I suppose that upgrades the possibility from no way to so there is a chance (albeit minimal).

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      First of all, I'm sure this is just wishful thinking. However, I do have a question. My understanding is to make this happen the graduate program the player enrolls in at the new school is one that isn't offered at the player's current school. Perry is a Sports Management major. Does WSU have a graduate program that KU does not that would be of interest to Perry?
      Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      Well, we have a Sport Management graduate program that, per KU's website, they do not. This would never happen, but if it ever did, the hilarity would never end for me.
      It was just hyperbole, but it would be great if I did happen.

As Kal said, it could theoretically be possible.
      The Assman

Comment

• New Mexico State gets their 20th win tonight. 12-1 in the WAC with a 4 game lead. Will be odds on favorites to win the WAC tourney.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• We could really use Tulsa and NMSU getting in to improve our record vs. the tourney field.
          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Memphis up 10 early @UCONN. Memphis is at #89 in the RPI, so a win would just about cement them in the Top100.
            Utah is at the crappy WSU later tonight.

Comment

• One of the most ridiculous no-calls I've ever seen just happened in the Memphis/UCONN game. Memphis player just literally got tackled going up for a layup.

Edit: And now it's led to some ridiculous tempers, and may well lead to a fight in this game.

Memphis is getting screwed by the refs in this game. Just got called for a F1 on a foul that was 10x less excessive and intentional than a play that was not called a foul on UCONN.
              Last edited by Cdizzle; March 5, 2015, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                And you felt that OU played quality defense?
                @Cdizzle, you pretty much danced around a simple question without addressing it. OU held ISU to their 2nd worst pts/poss stat at home all year. Do you have an explanation for how this isn't proof that OU played decent defense that night, or are you ready to admit that you were just playing devil's advocate, something that you claim I do all the time, but in reality, you do it about as much as anyone on this board.

Comment

• Watched five minutes of the Arizona/Cal game...had to switch to another game. IMO Bill Walton is the worst commentator and most condescending sportscaster I have ever heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                    Watched five minutes of the Arizona/Cal game...had to switch to another game. IMO Bill Walton is the worst commentator and most condescending sportscaster I have ever heard.
                    That's the same "buzz" I've heard about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                      @Cdizzle, you pretty much danced around a simple question without addressing it. OU held ISU to their 2nd worst pts/poss stat at home all year. Do you have an explanation for how this isn't proof that OU played decent defense that night, or are you ready to admit that you were just playing devil's advocate, something that you claim I do all the time, but in reality, you do it about as much as anyone on this board.
                      Perhaps this goes back to the statement (I can't remember who made it) on how B12 teams are able to capitalize on lesser quality teams in the non con with one on one play, therefore padding offensive statistics. When they get in to conference play against schools with teams at a comparable talent level, the quality (and quantity if you must) of offensive production deflates back to a slightly above mediocre quality. I could very well be dead wrong... Just a thought.
                      Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• DJ, you do realize that the pts/poss stat I provided includes a whole bunch of Big 12 opponents too, right?

If you want to look at just conference games, out of 10 home games, this was the 2nd best defensive efficiency performance out of the 10 visitors to Ames.

Comment

• I think that teams that give up 22-0 runs in 5 minutes and 59 points in a half are awesome at defense, yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            I think that teams that give up 22-0 runs in 5 minutes and 59 points in a half are awesome at defense, yes.
                            Now who's cherry picking stats?

Have a good night. Go Shox!

Comment

• Memphis is getting completely jobbed at UCONN.

Comment

• Memphis overcomes and gets a 1-point win at UCONN.

Their RPI moves from 89 to 80 with the road win, giving them a little breathing room to stay in the Top 100.
                                Last edited by Cdizzle; March 5, 2015, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X