No announcement yet.

2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How unbiased does anyone think the seeding committee is? It's not like they're looking at teams blind with no names on their jerseys. Does KU get a greater benefit of beating a not great "name" team like Georgetown over us beating a not historically good, but good this year team like UNI?

It's really easy for me to think the committee is probably, at least subconsciously, influenced by the names on jerseys. Maybe I'm just showing my ignorance, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
      How unbiased does anyone think the seeding committee is? It's not like they're looking at teams blind with no names on their jerseys. Does KU get a greater benefit of beating a not great "name" team like Georgetown over us beating a not historically good, but good this year team like UNI?

It's really easy for me to think the committee is probably, at least subconsciously, influenced by the names on jerseys. Maybe I'm just showing my ignorance, though.
      They're supposed to be looking at a blind resume, but if they follow college basketball (and they do), then they know a lot of the team names by resume alone and bias can certainly enter the equation.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Have to add one more gem. This in response to an argument with a WSU fan about why an ISU has less and less respect for Marshall and WSU.

"Please. Just can because you haven't been caught doesn't mean it is a clean program. The perception outside of Wichita is that they have been dirty for a long time. When things don't go Marshall's way,he is the biggest crybaby there is. No class."

Hilarious. "Perception outside Wichita"? Perhaps he means 2 VCU fans representing "outside of Wichita". And that's to say NOTHING of the type of player ISU is leaning on these days, and how they may or may not have gotten those players.

As far as Marshall whining when things don't go his way.....how would they know? Things usually go your way when you're #winning.
        Well, Gregg is a dirty wizard. That's all. I mean he was solely responsible for Hurricane Irene, he summoned the hurricane so Cleanthony would be trapped in Wichita and we could wine and dine him for a week.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
          Well, Gregg is a dirty wizard. That's all. I mean he was solely responsible for Hurricane Irene, he summoned the hurricane so Cleanthony would be trapped in Wichita and we could wine and dine him for a week.
          I heard that 3G is George Bush's distant cousin.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Simp-son! Where are my beloved ringers?!?!
            Mr. Burns: What about Clemens?
            Smithers: Sir, he's in no condition to play.
            [Clemens flaps his arms and clucks like a chicken]
            Mr. Burns: That damned hypnotist!
            [to hypnotist]
            Mr. Burns: You! Look what you've done. My starting pitcher thinks he's a chicken.
            Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
            Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by capnkirk View Post
              Mr. Burns: What about Clemens?
              Smithers: Sir, he's in no condition to play.
              [Clemens flaps his arms and clucks like a chicken]
              Mr. Burns: That damned hypnotist!
              [to hypnotist]
              Mr. Burns: You! Look what you've done. My starting pitcher thinks he's a chicken.
              I told you to trim those sideburns!!!!!

Comment

I told you to trim those sideburns!!!!!
                Mr. Burns: You! Strawberry! Good effort today. Take a lap and hit the showers. I'm putting in a right-handed batter.
                Darryl Strawberry: Pinch-hitting for me?
                Mr. Burns: Yes. You're a left-hander and so is the pitcher. If I send up a right-handed batter, it's called playing the percentages. It's what smart managers do to win ball games.
                Darryl Strawberry: I've got nine home runs.
                Mr. Burns: You should be very proud. Sit down.
                78-65

Comment

• Dar-ryl......Dar-ryl.......Dar-ryl

Comment

• Well Mister Burns had done it, the Power Plant they won it, with Roger Clemens clucking all the while.....

Comment

• Bradley gets the day off to a banner start with a 54-64 loss to UALR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        Bradley gets the day off to a banner start with a 54-64 loss to UALR.
                        How can they be this bad

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                          How can they be this bad
                          No financial support from administration, and canning Les after a bad year.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                            No financial support from administration, and canning Les after a bad year.
                            I think the financial thing is a little hard to buy considering their coach is the 2nd highest paid in the league, operating the 2nd highest basketball program budget in the league. If anything, I was excited that the BU administration DID provide financial support by going out and hiring an up-and-comer at 850K a year. It hasn't worked out, unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              I think the financial thing is a little hard to buy considering their coach is the 2nd highest paid in the league, operating the 2nd highest basketball program budget in the league. If anything, I was excited that the BU administration DID provide financial support by going out and hiring an up-and-comer at 850K a year. It hasn't worked out, unfortunately.
                              I believe they were or still are paying off Les' contract. And they were sued by Kent State over the hiring of Ford regarding a buyout or something. I've gotten the impression from reading their board from time to time that revenues have taken a hit the past year or so.

Mismanagement, I suspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                                How can they be this bad
                                The Braves even out-rebounded UALR by 17.

28% shooting (they had 10 shots blocked!) and putting your opponent on the FT line 35 times will do that to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X