2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ******* is so transparent.

UNI's OOC sets them up nicely to put up a gaudy record heading into the @ VCU, vs. Iowa (in Des Moines) week.

Comment

• No discredit to UNI on their win. It's a great win for them.

However, let's not throw out statements that they can challenge a team who's last conference loss was to a team who left in 2013.

Not to mention, a team who hasn't lost a regular season game in over a year AND whose last two losses were to a NC and a NC runner-up.

But, yeah I guess they are ready to "push"...
      The Assman

Comment

• Let's stay humble. It was a good win. Overall UNI did look better than last year. A lot of work to do, but who knows. I certainly hope they do challenge WSU in the league. If they do then that probably means they continue to improve. So far in the short season they are probably the 2nd best team in the Valley. We need them to step up. I am pulling for them.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• It was nice to see a MVC team other than WSU look good in a road game. I only watched the first ten minutes of the second half which was entertaining and well played basketball.

Comment

• Nice win for the Pathers.

Go Valley!

Go Shocks!!
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
              Let's stay humble.
              Exactly. What would Fred, Ron and Tekele do? Stay humble. Be confident but gracious. Acknowledge others successes. Rip their hearts out on the court. Be humble. Be confident but gracious.

Good win from UNI and a badly needed win for the Valley. Way to grind out a tough win on the road.

Comment

• This is more about ******* then it is UNI.

Dude was/is captain of the USS Hatin' On WSU.
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                  This is more about ******* then it is UNI.

I agree, but that's even more reason for me to hope that both WSU AND UNI take a big dump all over his elitism this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                    All times CST.

UNI @ Stephen F. Austin, 8 AM on ESPN2
                    #25 Utah @ #16 SDSU, 3 PM on ESPN
                    SLU @ ISUb, 6 PM
                    #21 Nebraska vs. Central Arkansas, 7 PM
                    SIU @ Tennessee State, 7 PM
                    Drake @ DePaul, 8 PM on FS1

UNI leading 11-6 early. FS1 ratings should be off the chain tonight.
                    Does anyone else get annoyed every time you see that, 1: St. Louis has a game (which creates interest) but then, 2: you realize it's against another MVC school?

Basically the only way they could have a good season and not be an rpi drag for us in the non-con is for them to beat up on the MVC. If they do that, the MVC is the drag. If they lose to these MVC teams, it means they aren't a good "get" as a game for us anymore.

It's not that big of a deal either way because we should take care of our own business, but I just wish I could have a strong MVC, a strong non-con and a solid record. I don't want our marquee games losing luster and Indont want the conference seen as cupcakes anymore. It's just annoying.

It's especially annoying when you get a season where it's possible that Alabama, St Louis and Memphis might all be struggling.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                      You heard it here first, that's an at-large 2 seed. Book it! LMFAO

SFA?

:)
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                        This is more about ******* then it is UNI.

Haters Gonna Hate. Just keep winning.
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Good start to the day for the Valley.

Comment

• San Diego State and Utah not exactly lighting it up early. SDSU up 15-14 with 4:00 minutes left in the 1st half.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                              It's not that big of a deal either way because we should take care of our own business, but I just wish I could have a strong MVC, a strong non-con and a solid record. I don't want our marquee games losing luster and Indont want the conference seen as cupcakes anymore. It's just annoying.

It's especially annoying when you get a season where it's possible that Alabama, St Louis and Memphis might all be struggling.
                              DJ06Shocker, are you suggesting that you wish WSU could play more top notch competition? Be very careful my friend, you will get your self killed saying stuff like that in these parts.

From May 2014:
                              Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                              I personally don't think NC Central was a tournament level team, by which I mean at-large worthy. They didn't crack the top 75 in either RPI or Pomeroy. As a #14 seed, they lost to a 3 seed by 18 points. They were basically a bottom level NIT team that won at atlarge bid.

Even if you still feel that NC Central was a tournament level team, that only makes 4 out of 34, and it doesn't change my general point about WSU lacking the type of schedule I personally would like to see. I already stated that WSU can do just fine seeding wise playing and beating teams in the 50-150 range, i.e. NC Central. I'm simply talking about the fact that I wish our 4th or 5th strongest opponent out of 34 games wasn't on the level of a #14 seed. The fan in me wants to see more high quality opponents, and last year was fairly weak in that area. I fear the suppossed improvements to next year's schedule still might not remedy this specific area.
                              Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Okay, well you're an ass.
                              Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              This is the kind of bullshit that makes you look like the imbecile you are and why nobody likes you.
                              :eagerness:

Comment

• Jeff Eisenberg ‏@JeffEisenberg 22m22 minutes ago
                                What does outstanding defense, poor shooting and too many turnovers add up to? Utah 18, San Diego State 17 at the half.
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X