2014-15 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
    What are your thoughts on Tulsa? They barely cracked the kenpom top 75 but did win the conference regular season and tournament titles in CUSA that included the 34th and 56th ranked team in kenpom.
    If I were a TU fan I do not think I would be excited about the Haith hiring. He does not have a history of sustained success, and seems to be on a downward trajectory.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
      What are your thoughts on Tulsa? They barely cracked the kenpom top 75 but did win the conference regular season and tournament titles in CUSA that included the 34th and 56th ranked team in kenpom.
      Tulsa is not even close to the type of team I'm talking about. Nothing wrong with playing them. They have their place on the schedule. Just not on the level of Duke, or North Carolina, or Syracuse, or Florida, or Kansas, or Arizona, or Kentucky, or Michigan State, or Ohio State, or Michigan, or Louisville, or Gonzaga, or San Diego State, or... or... or...
      Last edited by Jamar Howard 4 President; May 23, 2014, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

I personally don't think NC Central was a tournament level team, by which I mean at-large worthy. They didn't crack the top 75 in either RPI or Pomeroy. As a #14 seed, they lost to a 3 seed by 18 points. They were basically a bottom level NIT team that won at atlarge bid.
        NCCU was a great buy game, basically close to the best you can get. As we are not going away from a couple of buy games I'd be thrilled to have them on the schedule every year if they can maintain their level.
        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
          AndShock, we will have to agree to disagree. MadaboutWu, I'm not talking about what the Committee does.

I personally don't think NC Central was a tournament level team, by which I mean at-large worthy. They didn't crack the top 75 in either RPI or Pomeroy. As a #14 seed, they lost to a 3 seed by 18 points. They were basically a bottom level NIT team that won at atlarge bid.

Even if you still feel that NC Central was a tournament level team, that only makes 4 out of 34, and it doesn't change my general point about WSU lacking the type of schedule I personally would like to see. I already stated that WSU can do just fine seeding wise playing and beating teams in the 50-150 range, i.e. NC Central. I'm simply talking about the fact that I wish our 4th or 5th strongest opponent out of 34 games wasn't on the level of a #14 seed. The fan in me wants to see more high quality opponents, and last year was fairly weak in that area. I fear the suppossed improvements to next year's schedule still might not remedy this specific area.
          You like to think you make sensible posts but you don't. And this garbage post proves it.

You sound like you should be back at home on phognet. There you can satisfy your needs for every team on the schedule to be at-large worthy.

And I love how an NCAA Tournament team is only an NCAA Tournament team if they're at-large worthy. I guess the whole automatic process doesn't count. Very big of you, especially coming from a supposed fan of a team from the Valley.

This is the kind of bullshit that makes you look like the imbecile you are and why nobody likes you.

But please keep feeding your ego. I'm sure you'll need a lot of stroking now that school's out.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Okay, well you're an ass.

I just wanted to get that out of the way. We're not joining the Big10 anytime soon Einstein, so why instead of heaping on 21 Valley games that we have no control over, just stick to the merits of the 12-13 games we can schedule?

You use 34 as if we have control over the Valley. That crap is why Fever pounds on you, and why a few others like me, continue to pester you.

You do that just to be an ass. You want to argue that we only scheduled 1 at large team, fine. Stick to that and make that argument.
            Thank you for saying so in better words than I could.

Ass is a serious, serious understatement.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• "Nobody likes you"... Fever, you have won Loser Of The Year for at least 7 years running. Talk about calling the kettle black. You add 0 to SN or any other board other than hate. Your such a little worm.

Comment

• :-)

Comment

• I like you, fever
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                    "Nobody likes you"... Fever, you have won Loser Of The Year for at least 7 years running. Talk about calling the kettle black. You add 0 to SN or any other board other than hate. Your such a little worm.
                    You're just mad because your son Wedel got rejected by WSU and got sent to D+. And then another one got UMKC'd. Life's a b*tch there.

Your Creighton apology bullshit that you fling into EVERY SINGLE THREAD whenever possible during the season is adding ZERO to the board. You're nothing but a fishmonger. Why you hang out on a WSU board when you have NOTHING to do with WSU is what's LAME and calling the kettle black.

Go back to your hole, dilweed. And it's "you're", not "your", you ignorant, condescending POS.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                      :-)
                      When's the Final Four banner gonna be dropped, since I understood it wasn't gonna happen at a midnight game?

:O :O :O :O :O
                      Last edited by ShockerFever; May 24, 2014, 05:04 PM.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I used to think that chocolate was my favorite food group, but now I'm thinking that it's definitely bacon. Other food groups I like include BBQ, chili, smoked meats, and most things that are grilled, donuts, ice cream and, of course, cookies. Cake is ok but I like the others better.

Comment

• BTW, has this ever happened to you? You scoop a couple of cookies off the platter thinking that you are about to enjoy some yummy chocolate chip cookies, only to find out that you snagged yucky oatmeal raisin cookies. That's just wrong. There should be a law against that.

Comment

• Did anyone see Mike Martin's chair break on ESPN3? Awkward.

Comment

• This is the most awkward video I have ever seen.

http://tinyurl.com/y8ufsnp

Comment

• "to perpetuate history"

If it's perpetual can it be history?

Comment

Working...
                                X