Games of Pinterest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    Nope, that is the official, possibly inflated number. For perspective, while 4,598 could not fit into Loyola's gym, that would look small in either the Knapp Center or the McLeod Center.
    Looks like @ripemupshocks: has an extra decimal point if you need to borrow one. :biggrin-new:
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
      High tech scoreboard as well!
      Place doesn't look like it's finished.

You sure that's not a high school facility and the visitors just don't travel well?
      To be fair, that is the student side and is smaller than the other side so you might think the other side is full. But even with the band filling up the center, there aren't 500 people on that side. That said, logic tells you with an 18,000 seat capacity stadium, the main grandstand must have looked pathetic, too.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        Nope, that is the official, possibly inflated number. For perspective, while 4,598 could not fit into Loyola's gym, that would look small in either the Knapp Center or the McLeod Center.
        Clearly it is paid attendance and not actual butts in the seats. I don't blame the MSU fans. I wouldn't go out on a 20 degree day for a that product. Would you?
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 16, 2014, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Clearly it is paid attendance and not actual butts in the seats. I don't blame the MSU fans. I wouldn't go out 20 degree day for a that product. Would you?
          I wouldn't go on an ideal day to see that crap. I sympathize with their fans up and until I see the C-USA and Sun Belt crap. That's when I sit back and laugh. Casey, err, LuskingforGuttin makes me laugh and laugh and laugh.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
            Oh, I'm not giving him a pass. That's an embarrassing loss at home for a guy voting his team first in the Valley.

But I'm not jumping to the "succeed or fire him" point with him just yet. I'm at that point with literally every other coach in the Valley, except Jacobson. If they're not progressing by this year, move on.
            Geno Ford's seat is clearly getting very toasty but outside of him and perhaps, Porter Moser at Loyola I think everyone else is pretty solid for at least another year unless they voluntarily move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Geno Ford's seat is clearly getting very toasty but outside of him and perhaps, Porter Moser at Loyola I think everyone else is pretty solid for at least another year unless they voluntarily move on.
              Geno Ford probably should have been fired in the offseason (29.6% record in conference over three years, no seasons >.500 yet).

Moser I would fire in a second. (30.6% record in conference with IlSt, 19.2% at Loyola over the last three years).

Marty Simmons I would judge based on this year. This is season #8 and he has two top five finishes. Simmons is a guy that will never do well enough to matter, and rarely do poorly enough to be outright fired. And Evansville has low enough expectations that they probably won't ever fire him.

Paul Lusk needs to do something this year, and I think he will. He's dealt with injury problems.

Ray Giacoletti has some time. I forgot this was his second season. He gets three before I judge him. However, if he was involved in that "All about that Drake" video, I'd still fire him.

Dan Muller has two more seasons. I expect one of those two is going to be pretty strong, though.

I did exaggerate the coaches that would have leeway. That list is Ben Jacobson, Barry Hinson, and Greg Lansing. Even in that list, I don't have confidence in the latter two to ever produce an at-large team.
              Originally posted by BleacherReport
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Muller got everything he deserved in that game. Sad to say, I'm glad they got beat by a shitty team in their own building. Now I can go watch the fun unravel at the Redturd board.

But seriously, if the voters had any respectability, they should still keep them in the Top 25. It's just one game.
                Last edited by ShockerFever; November 16, 2014, 08:28 PM.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• So, what's the difference between the threads "Games of Interest" and "Games of Pinterest "? Can't see any difference.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                    So, what's the difference between the threads "Games of Interest" and "Games of Pinterest "? Can't see any difference.
                    Games of pinterest are to focus on embarrassing losses teams experience. There seems to be a bit of that happening in the Valley lately.
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Games of onterest is supposed to be just that. Games of Pinterest is supposed to be bad beats. Might as well combine the two.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Willie Cauley Stein making a habit of getting dunked on. Cle made it fashionable. Buffalo player just disrespects him. https://twitter.com/sportstbh/status/534192035444846593
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• I guess we can't help it that all of the games we are interested in are generally MVC games and MVC games are generally embarassing losses.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                            Willie Cauley Stein making a habit of getting dunked on. Cle made it fashionable. Buffalo player just disrespects him. https://twitter.com/sportstbh/status/534192035444846593
                            How in the hell is that not a foul?? It's borderline a F1 with excessive contact to the head and neck. To watch the ref ignore that is disgusting.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              How in the hell is that not a foul?? It's borderline a F1 with excessive contact to the head and neck. To watch the ref ignore that is disgusting.
                              That's really sad. I wasn't able to watch that game. Kindof makes me wonder how the rest of it went...

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                It was a terribly called game. UK got a lot of calls at key times to get them back in the game.
                                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
                                X