Ron Baker likely out for Tenn game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
    Rest him! One game is not worth further injury. If he can get close to 100 percent by the Bama game, then the best option is to give him rest. Better to split the Bama and TN games than to have him out for both and we lose both.
    How about he guts it up, plays, we win, then he heals in time to be 100% and we go beat Alabama... screw this 'split' talk- these guys come to play and win every game, sprained ankle or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
      Never seen someone gloat about "not knowing ****!"

Also, who said Baker wasn't starting? A photo gets posted showing Baker getting his ankle worked on. Someone point that out. Rumors run rampant.

Glanced over the game thread, didnt see any of your post there. If you don't want to read about the Shox, or talk about the Shox, why are you here?
      At the game.

Comment

• Nothing to say but, Wow! And the ESPN announcers couldn't decide who impressed them more, Baker for toughing it out or Cotton for being the best player on the floor. Great job, great win. Personally, I'd love to see Baker skip the next two or even three and come back for Valley play after a couple weeks of rehab, but somehow I expect him to be on the floor in Tuscaloosa even though I wish he weren't -- Mr. MTXE squared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
          Never seen someone gloat about "not knowing ****!"

Also, who said Baker wasn't starting? A photo gets posted showing Baker getting his ankle worked on. Someone point that out. Rumors run rampant.

Glanced over the game thread, didnt see any of your post there. If you don't want to read about the Shox, or talk about the Shox, why are you here?
          People need to read my original post about how "certain" I was

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
            People need to read my original post about how "certain" I was
            I felt you properly prefaced your statements (even if I did question the title) as certain fans that are "proud to know nothing or believe anything" would take it and run with it.

Comment

• Ron "Legend Maker" Baker..........maybe we needed him maybe we didn't......win is a win. Love how a different Shocker steps up every game to carry us in a crucial moment.

Enjoy the ride!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                More proof the shockernet "insiders" know as much as anyone else.
                Well it was reported that Ron had a bum ankle and he did, in fact, have a bum ankle. No one ever stated he wasn't playing or starting. Also a fact.

You need to learn to read better before spouting off.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

More proof the shockernet "insiders" know as much as anyone else.
                  You could tell Baker was playing through a lot of pain, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                    You could tell Baker was playing through a lot of pain, right?
                    Sure. I stand by my original statement. Thanks.

Comment

Sure. I stand by my original statement. Thanks.
                      S that Ron's ankle was multiple colors Thursday night and had what looked like two golfballs on it. When coach saw it, he was thinking 2-3 weeks, with luck.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Let me say this:

A couple of years ago I was told point blank by someone that damned well knew what was going on that Toure Murry was OUT of the game against MSU (I think, I could have the opponent wrong). Not doubtful, OUT.

Toure' started and played and looked 100% to me.

I'm not claiming Ron is going to play. Just sayin'.....
                        Just like a couple of years ago. Doesn't mean Ron (or Toure) wasn't hurt...both were. But this program has floated some embellished information in the past, and can be counted on doing it again in the future.

I have no problem with that...this is about winning, and any way you can get an advantage, go for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Just like a couple of years ago. Doesn't mean Ron (or Toure) wasn't hurt...both were. But this program has floated some embellished information in the past, and can be counted on doing it again in the future.

I have no problem with that...this is about winning, and any way you can get an advantage, go for it.
                          So, we will be known as the New England Patriots of the NCAA. I'm good with that as long as we win.

Comment

• So a pretty big game was coming up, especially for Tenn. They're coach has some familiarity with WSU's system & HCGM needed to be away a little bit this week. So... He assigns his wife to run a quick errand & drop a seed of info. This info spreads enough to throw a last second diversion Tenn.'s way.
                            Baker has some sort of injury to maintain credibility. Lets just hope Baker makes a swift & full recovery asap.
                            Phi Alpha

Comment

• The Tide playing psychological warfare?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                The Tide playing psychological warfare?

http://www.al.com/alabamabasketball/...tion_side.html
                                Anybody want to bet he won't play? Won't say he will play his best, but he will play. Ron wasn't 100% today either, but he played all game. You could tell his ankle bothered him at times because he wasn't getting the lift he normally does when shooting and he wasn't jumping as high when trying to intercept a pass. But I will take Baker at 75% versus most others at 100%.

Comment

Working...
                                X