• Show
Clear All

• ESPN - #3 - (03-08-14).jpg

Comment

• ESPN - #4 - (03-08-14).jpg

Comment

• Nice piece from the STL P-D.

Comment

• They have been so dominant through their first two games here that it’s difficult to envision Indiana State knocking them off. (And every bubble team in America will be rooting hard for Wichita to prevent the Sycamores from stealing a bid.) Wichita State beat Evansville by 22 Friday and Missouri State by 25 Saturday, and the latter was on pace to be the biggest semifinal beatdown in Valley tournament history until Marshall called off the dogs with several minutes left to play.

The Shockers beat Indiana State twice this year by an average margin of 13.5 points. If they beat the Sycamores by 21 or more, Wichita State will set the Valley tourney record for biggest combined margin of victory in three games at 68. (Previous record of 67 was set by Bradley in 1988.) And they’ve been playing this tournament since 1977.

Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• @LostLettermen: New rule: Anyone who calls Wichita St. overrated must immediately give time & dates they watched Shockers play.

This sentiment was echoed this morning on 810whb by TJ Carpenter. If it comes up on podcast later, I will post it.

Comment

• To piggy back on this point as to not watching the Shockers. I walked in the break room at work this past week while the shocker highlights were on. Being the Shocker homer that I am I made some comment about the beating that we just put on the opponent. A co-worker that I know very little about commented that they have not played anybody. I told him that he must be a KU fan and of course he was. The next comment he was 100% serious about in that he said we would lose 9 out of 10 times to TCU. I think this is the sentiment of the kool aid drinking KU fans and largely because they have never watched us play. And yes he did say TCU.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                To piggy back on this point as to not watching the Shockers. I walked in the break room at work this past week while the shocker highlights were on. Being the Shocker homer that I am I made some comment about the beating that we just put on the opponent. A co-worker that I know very little about commented that they have not played anybody. I told him that he must be a KU fan and of course he was. The next comment he was 100% serious about in that he said we would lose 9 out of 10 times to TCU. I think this is the sentiment of the kool aid drinking KU fans and largely because they have never watched us play. And yes he did say TCU.
                It is exactly for reasons like this that I desperately want to play KU in the tournament. I want to live vicariously through the team, wax KU's posterior, and tell all of the KU ignoramuses to STFU.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                  To piggy back on this point as to not watching the Shockers. I walked in the break room at work this past week while the shocker highlights were on. Being the Shocker homer that I am I made some comment about the beating that we just put on the opponent. A co-worker that I know very little about commented that they have not played anybody. I told him that he must be a KU fan and of course he was. The next comment he was 100% serious about in that he said we would lose 9 out of 10 times to TCU. I think this is the sentiment of the kool aid drinking KU fans and largely because they have never watched us play. And yes he did say TCU.
                  I have found that the people who say stuff as crazy as what you just quoted don't even know squat about basketball in general. They are just pretending to show interest so they can be a part of the discussion. Best to just nod and move on. Save the arguments for those who legitimately have an interest in college basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                    @LostLettermen: New rule: Anyone who calls Wichita St. overrated must immediately give time & dates they watched Shockers play.

This sentiment was echoed this morning on 810whb by TJ Carpenter. If it comes up on podcast later, I will post it.
                    Absolutely.

I guarantee most of those people haven't watched more than two games the entire season. Most of those people would never have even considered watching us until the undefeated streak started up, which means they would have only considered watching about five games that were broadcast nationally. I bet almost none of them have watched us play a single time. It's the same thing with the internet trolls that will ask who we've played in the top 25 condescendingly because they honestly don't think we've played anyone ... it's jut a parroting mentality from people that haven't watched us play and haven't actually looked at our resume.
                    Originally posted by BleacherReport
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• According to the pic related to the article, we also won the Mountain Valley tournament.

MV.jpg
                      Get NCAA Men's College Basketball news, scores, stats, poll rankings & more for your favorite college teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

Comment

• Originally posted by ptolliver69 View Post
                        According to the pic related to the article, we also won the Mountain Valley tournament.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1378[/ATTACH]
                        http://msn.foxsports.com/college-bas...y-title-030914
                        Maybe it's an omen that we are joining the Mountian West! ;)
                        The Assman

Comment

• @Gary:ParrishCBS: Per the same site, Wichita would be 1st in the Big 12. RT @GoldizenCA: @Gary:ParrishCBS Per KenPom, Indiana State would be 9th in the Big 12.

Comment

• Wichita State Has Reached 34-0, Time to Pay Them Some Respect

You would think that winning every game you have played would be enough to get a Wichita State team some respect, no matter what the schedule says. Perhaps those with doubts need to learn a little lesson about this Shockers team.

Ask any team that lost to Wichita State last year in the Tournament what they thought of the middle of the pack seeded Shockers. They will likely tell you that they thought they were a good team, but that they would beat them. Yet none did until Louisville came back on them to win.

Yes, came back on them. Even the eventual National Champions were in trouble against this Wichita State team, or rather a version of this team, one that pales in comparison to what takes the floor now in the gold and black.

Comment

• Originally posted by ptolliver69 View Post
                              According to the pic related to the article, we also won the Mountain Valley tournament.
                              Not bad. Who else could win two tournaments in one day?

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                                @LostLettermen: New rule: Anyone who calls Wichita St. overrated must immediately give time & dates they watched Shockers play.

Here is the podcast. Starts at the 38 minute mark.

Skip to the 38 minute mark and listen. The good stuff starts here.

Then if you want want to hear some crap, go back to the 7 minute mark and listen to Ryan from GoPowerCAt.com. What an AssMonkey. He makes Doug Gottlieb sound like Mike Kennedy.
                                Last edited by jocoshock; March 9, 2014, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X