Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Unfortunately, about to be overtaken by Thug Smart.
    Doig Gottlieb strangely quiet on Twitter tonight..
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
      Doig Gottlieb strangely quiet on Twitter tonight..
      Hard to tweet when you're sucking both your thumbs.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
        Hard to tweet when you're sucking both your thumbs.
        I see him sitting on his couch, wrapped in a comforter, rocking back and forth, thinking, "This isn't happening this isn't happening this isn't happening...."

Comment

• Miles Simon predicting that WSU goes undefeated, including St. Louis, and doesn't get a No. 1 seed.

Keep it coming.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Miles Simon is a douche
            I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

• Originally posted by GOSHOX1 View Post
              Miles Simon is a douche
              I wonder if he realizes that Syracuse's SOS is 76 right now and WSU's is 82 (from warren nolan) ? That is not much of a difference. Also SDSU's SOS is 95. These guys act like the Shockers SOS is just so much easier than everyone else. That just plain isn't true.

Comment

• The strength of schedual thing is getting a little over-used. Alot of that is made up from the start of the year when the first rankings come out. Which is usually very biased and based on the previous year, who's coming back, and what "one a dones" on what so-called super blue team will win it all. What does that top ten look like today, compared to what it looked like at the start of the year. Ok. State, is not a top 25 team right now ,Baylor who was at one time, looks down right terrible, K-State in-consistent, Texas,getting better but didn't desearve the big bump up last week and it showed getting hammered by K-State, Just not alot of defense in the Big Twelve so when a team has an off night on offense, especially on the road, they have nothing to fall back on, and thats called defense. Some people think you can turn it on when needed but thats not how it works...and it shows

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                  I wonder if he realizes that Syracuse's SOS is 76 right now and WSU's is 82 (from warren nolan) ? That is not much of a difference.
                  I had to share that nugget with a KU fan of mine that said, "If you are going to go undefeated, at least play a legit schedule like Syracuse." After our discussion, he looked it up and said, "Damn!"
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    I had to share that nugget with a KU fan of mine that said, "If you are going to go undefeated, at least play a legit schedule like Syracuse." After our discussion, he looked it up and said, "Damn!"
                    As someone on this board likes to say, "facts are mettlesome things."
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                      As someone on this board likes to say, "facts are mettlesome things."
                      Facts have always ruined some of my best ruminations.

Comment

• KWCH is airing a 30-minute special about Wichita State men's basketball titled "Rockin' the Roundhouse" at 10:30 tonight.

Comment

• Speaking of media love and Play Angry, are there any decals to that effect around? I would love to have my fellow Texans down here scratching their heads. I checked our sponsor above, but they didn't list any.

Comment

• ESPN - Productive Trios - (02-08-14).jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              That Syracuse thread someone linked to had a few idiots making that argument, basically calling us cowards for not scheduling up. You're f'ing Syracuse and you go out of your way to schedule what RPIForecast predicts to be the 124th non-conference SOS? Syracuse can schedule any team in D1 ball that they want. They chose to schedule as weak as they possibly could. Meanwhile, they have our non-con schedule at 34th.

Every team currently in the top ten and their non-conference SOS:
                              Syracuse 124
                              Arizona 25
                              Florida 23
                              Wichita State 34
                              San Diego State 95
                              Villanova 36
                              Cincinnati 113
                              Kansas 1
                              Michigan State 76
                              Michigan 51

Only three teams in the top ten scheduled better than us in the non-conference. And only Kansas has any real room to talk about schedule strength. Of those teams, only WSU, San Diego State, and maybe Villanova simply couldn't schedule better than they did. The others chose to schedule weak.

The most annoying part of the SOS argument is the dishonesty of it. We hadn't even started the conference season yet and we were being attacked for our poor SOS, even though our schedule to that point was one of the best in the country. Syracuse was already getting credit for playing an ACC schedule they hadn't even started, even though their schedule to that point was poor.

And where is the SOS argument against San Diego State, predicted to be only three spots better than us in SOS? They beat two currently ranked teams to our one, but their schedule is very comparable.
                              Last edited by Rlh04d; February 9, 2014, 09:37 PM.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]1248[/ATTACH]
                                Needs Cotton in that graphic. We have a productive four-some.
                                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                                X